The "Why I didn't speak to my sister for a week" trip report *** Now Complete :)

What a fun read! I can't wait to hear more...we leave tonight for WDW staying at POP so I'll be thinking about you and I'll catch up next week! :banana:

Does Jessi have Mono or what? :sad2: Sorry you & Grumpy had a fight, it's hard when you plan & plan for a trip and have high expectations just to get slapped in the face by reality. Hope it gets better although I kind of doubt it by your title.

Subbing for later, since we are going out of town. love your trip report so far. Looking forward to hearing all about CSR too.

Great start! I can tell this is going to be a really good TR! That's just too funny about your sister and her funky shirt. Even funnier that you had to practically force her to take a shower when you got to the resort. :lmao: Can't wait to read more!

It's like watching a car crash. I know it's going to end badly, but I just can't turn away! :rotfl:

I am so in for this one!

I do feel bad for you. I know how exhausting planning this trip is and it's even worse when the people you spent all your time planning for are unappreciative.

And your not even on your first full day! Yikes.

We did have some good times. I'm heading to that part soon. But overall that trip left both Grumpy & I with a very bad taste in our mouths. What else could we do but book a "do-over trip"???

Please tell me you left them.

I wish.

This is better than the 80's soap operas I used to watch! Ha! Ha!popcorn::

You mean the ones where Eulalie's half sister's nephew slept with his father's girlfriend but it turned out that it was his aunt because Gudrun was actually his uncle's mistress ???

OMG! :eek: That doesn't sound like a very good start to the day at all :sad2:

I'm sorry you and Grumpy had a fight ~ Trying to share your love of Disney shouldn't cause so much tension! Sooooo frustrating!!

Frustrating is the right word for it !

You just got to Disney and all I can say is that you are a SAINT for all you did to bring your sister - never mind the way she has acted so far!
Enjoying the trip report!!:wizard:

I have to admit something. I feel very GUILTY concerning my sister. For one thing even though I was the youngest, as soon as I learned to hit back, I went for it big time. I actually broke her skull (just a tiny little bit) once with a cricket bat. So maybe I'm responsible for her behavior today???

And she didn't have a problem with this???
:eek:

TIP OF THE ICEBERG. Jess is so lazy that sometimes when she doesn't wanna wash, she Febreezes herself. No, I'm not kidding. No, I didn't know that before we left. No, I'll never borrow any type of clothing from her again.

OMG!!! I am soooooo in! I just did a grand gathering with my in-laws and Jessi sounds a lot like my SIL so far. No, actually Jessi sounds like a saint compared to my SIL.... so far, but I think there's more to come! But like you, DH and I did all the planning for our trip. Unlike you, my MIL and FIL treated the rest of the family. It was an exhausting and very trying vacation, to say the least, and has turned me off to any extended family vacations ever again (my family included!). So..... waiting to read more! popcorn::

Oh, I need to know about your SIL !!!!!! Do you still talk to her ?

:scared1: :scared1:
It gets worse by the section.

It's gonna get better for a little while, I swear!

I'm sorry you and Grumpy had a fight. I hope you guys split up later. Your sister sounds like she didn't care what anyone else wanted.

My sisters feet smelled so bad one time, I actually had to drag her to the bathtub and wash her feet for her because she wouldn't do it. I also put her shoes outside the house while she was over because they stunk up the whole house! Why don't people want to shower when they're smelly!?

:rotfl2: :lmao: :rotfl: I love the foot bath story !!!! I have no idea why people do that. Obviously if we can smell it so can she. Eating pizza surrounded by this stench (even POP's pizza)... Can't even imagine it. I've had my lazy-dont-wanna-wash days, but when I start attracting flies I hit the tub. Geesh!

What a fun read! I can't wait to hear more...we leave tonight for WDW staying at POP so I'll be thinking about you and I'll catch up next week! :banana:

TONIGHT !!! I'm so jealous !!! Beware of the haunted room :scared1:

Does Jessi have Mono or what? :sad2: Sorry you & Grumpy had a fight, it's hard when you plan & plan for a trip and have high expectations just to get slapped in the face by reality. Hope it gets better although I kind of doubt it by your title.

I think she has ALBS (Acute Lazy Butt Syndrome).

It's like watching a car crash. I know it's going to end badly, but I just can't turn away! :rotfl:

That's the craziest thing. It totally went over her head. She thinks we all had a great time and everything went perfect. :confused:

Great start! I can tell this is going to be a really good TR! That's just too funny about your sister and her funky shirt. Even funnier that you had to practically force her to take a shower when you got to the resort. :lmao: Can't wait to read more!

Can't wait to read more! popcorn::

ok I am so hooked and have to find ot what happened through the rest of your trip. popcorn:: popcorn::

Can't wait to read more!!!

Subbing for later, since we are going out of town. love your trip report so far. Looking forward to hearing all about CSR too.

Well, I'm hooked.

Oh Lordy...You're hilarious!

Waiting for more!

Thanks for reading !!!!! It's the first time any one of my TRs has gotten so many responses. Gotta thank Smelli Jessi for that :laughing:

I am loving this but feeling bad for you.

more please....

7.20am. The connecting door is closed. I call their room, Alex answers and says Jess is "almost ready to get up".

I almost drop the receiver. Grumpy takes one look at my face and growls, "Do NOT tell me she isn't up yet!"
"Fine. I won't tell you."

It's time for a serious discussion. We have to decide what to do.

1/We give up, it's not going to be a vacation like we had planned. Just go with the flow. Forget about itineraries and ADRs, we get up whenever we get up and eat wherever and whenever we can.

2/Intervention!! We get her up and get it through her head that we didn't come all the way to Florida to sleep, eat on our bed, and occasionally change clothes. If they do not wake up on time and refuse to get their butts moving, we'll simply leave them behind. Every day.

Guess which one I voted for ??
In all fairness it was only one butt who didn't want to wake up and move, but those two might as well be joined at the hip. Hence Alex's butt is automatically included, without its full consent.

I call Alex back & ask her to please open the connecting door. Alex is dressed, her backpack is ready, she even has her shoes on. She seems almost as frustrated as us.

"JESSICA", Grumpy yells.

Some kind of moan escapes from the bed.

"Get up, get ready, or the three of us will go without you."

"GEEZZZZZZZZZ it'll only take me a couple minutes to get ready. What's the rush ???".

The rush is that when I make a reservation before the park opens, I like to get there before it closes.

She does get up. Tells us in a meanish tone that if we want her to get dressed, we're going to have to leave her room because she's not gonna do that in front of us.

As if we'd want to watch. Please. I don't even like watching myself getting dressed.

Lo and behold, in 15mns she is ready. We're late, but not TOO late. Yet.
I told Grumpy that we will all be cutting through the parking lot this morning and she didn't dare peep a word.

Of course I hadn't planned on it taking 10mns to cross the parking lot. Because we have to stop to wait for Jessi. Alex and I are far in front, Grumpy somewhere in the middle, and Jess lags behind us all.

Can I be mad at someone for walking slowly ? Not yet. After all Jess & I share the same main problem, we're both very big girls. She has maybe 10lbs on me. I know fully well how hard it is to walk around when you weigh that much. So I can't be mad about that. I'm worried though, because if crossing the parking lot takes that long, how much time should I expect for her to go up Main Street ???

But anyway, we made it. We're at the Magic Kingdom bus stop in front of POP. Jess is smiling and in a good mood, excited about going to the park and to Crystal Palace. Maybe, just maybe, it was only a rough start and it'll be better from now on ??

IMG_5198.jpg

A short bus ride later, we arrive at MK. It's my first time entering before the "real" park opening. The place is a desert !!!

IMG_5201.jpg

IMG_5205.jpg

We walk to CP, Jess of course slowly but it doesn't matter. I have an alternate plan. We get to CP, take our time, and when it's 9am I'll leave the restaurant and go grab us some FPs. This way we can still do a big ride.

It's our fourth time at CP and we've never been disappointed. The girls play the game with the characters.

IMG_5207.jpg

IMG_5215.jpg

It's a good thing we started by CP. Considering we didn't keep half of the ADRs we had, I think if we had waited until later in the trip to go, we'd have missed it too.

Anyone feels guilty eating bacon in front of Piglet ??? Whenever we're at CP, I wait for Piglet to come, THEN go get bacon. Alex had a plate full of it and I asked her to please finish up before Piglet got there. I think she thought I was nuts. Piglet appreciated though, I'm sure.

IMG_5217.jpg

At 9, I took everyone's tickets and left CP. Went through Adventureland, off to Big Thunder Mountain to get us all FPs. As I walked past Splash Moutain (my favorite mountain) I noticed the sign only said 5mns. Oh how I was DYING to run up the stairs and into a log !! But I just couldn't do it. We were here together. We'd do rides together.

So, I got the BTMR Fastpasses and went back to Crystal Palace. We finished our breakfast, everyone loved the food, we were all in a great mood.

Grumpy & Jess played around...

IMG_5222.jpg

Then Jess announced she had to go to the bathroom. And, she said with a knowing smile, it could take a while.
Alex of course went with her.

Grumpy & I waited outside for a little bit then I saw a family with "FIRST TRIP" buttons. We'd forgotten to get them some. We'd had them on our first trip and they'd been fun to wear. Come on Grump, let's get to Town Hall and get them a couple. And a birthday button for Alex, since it's tomorrow.

Well believe it or not when we come back from Town Hall, they're STILL not done. We sigh and watch the Dreams Come True show. They finally come out just as it ends, with the daylight fireworks.

"What do we do now ?"

Well, let's see. It's 10.30... how about we do some RIDES ??? I know, crazy idea !!!!!

They pick Pirates of the Caribbean. We all love this ride, and there's no wait at all. We go right in.

The CM seats all four of us in the same row. I think, OMG, we're going to sink. Has she seen the size of our butts ???? We step into the boat, they all sit down, and I try to but one of my "cheeks" is overboard. The boat is moving and I'm slightly nervous so I just say what's going through my head....

"Butt space !!! BUTT SPACE !!!!!"

Maybe, a little too loud. Because the entire boat is now cracking up, the CM is doubled over, and I'm fairly certain Captain Jack is mocking me too. Well, it worked. They squished and now all of me is inside the boat. Hopefully to stay.

We're doing good. After Pirates, and spending some time in the shop, we decide to try a ride that is new for all of us, the Tiki Room. I know it has a bad rep here on the DIS, but honestly, I enjoyed it. So did Grumpy. Alex thought it was too babyish, and Jessi thought it was fun enough.

IMG_5223.jpg

IMG_5227.jpg

We backtrack towards Frontierland and grab some FPs for Splash. Then we go to Haunted Mansion. On the way we stop to take some silly photos in Liberty Square.

IMG_5232.jpg

DSC00562.jpg

Yes, Jessi took forever but she's not whining. She loves the ride. Alex though it was awesome especially the ballroom scene. Like I said, we're doing good. HM is soon followed by Small World and PhilarMagic (which will be Jess's favorite attraction of the trip). In the PhilarMagic shop, Jess decide that since she has no money to buy silly gifts she'll just take pictures of them instead. She pops a hat on Alex's head and snaps a few shots.

DSC00568.jpg

After we've done our faves in Fantasyland, I suggest we go use our FPs. It's getting hot, so Splash would feel good about now. Then we can get on Big Thunder and dry.

"You mean you want us to walk ALL THE WAY BACK THERE???"

Guess who that came from ?

We literally drag her there but once she sees how Fastpass works, she's impressed. So am I. We've never waited that little to get on Splash. It was 3, 4 minutes at most. And it's noon !!!!

The ride is great as usual. Grumpy & I zip-a-dee-doo-dah along. We're all soaked! Grumpy wants to buy the ride photo so we stop there before we get on BTMR.

Well the FP line isn't quite as efficient here. The line is rather long. Some people even leave it and decide to return later. When Jessi suggests we do the same, she gets a resounding NO! from all three of us. We finally get on the ride and have a blast. I scream like a maniac and Grumpy doesn't want to do the same so instead of screaming, she howls. The way you howl when someone waxes your .... legs. (Let's say legs, okay. This is a family friendly board.) That noise is so ridiculous we're all laughing our heads off.

Kodak say to take a picture here so I did.

IMG_5234.jpg

We're having fun. See, I was right. It was only a rough start and now that she sees how much fun there is to be had, she won't be such a pain. I feel so relieved !!!!

"Okay, so it's almost 1. What do you guys wanna do now, Tomorrowland??"

"Oh, no. I'm beat. Let's go back to the resort and take a nap!"

:faint:

Okay, You are all just...cute! Even if one of you smells... Thanks for the great report. I so want it to keep on being all happy and just a titch whiney... but I'm afraid it won't last. :goodvibes Thanks for taking the time to entertain all of us!

Great pictures! I also would have voted to leave her behind every day if she didn't want to do anything!

Here I am reading along thinking, "Ok, they got off to a rocky start, but it seems to have really picked up. They got a lot done, sounds like minimal complaining...what could be so bad?" Then, I got to your last line. :eek: :headache:

I can't wait to see where this goes!

Very funny trip report! I would leave my sister if she couldn't keep up-it's DISNEY. Can't wait to read more.

Lisa

It's the first time any one of my TRs has gotten so many responses.

All your TRs have been so much fun to read ~~ you do such a great job! :thumbsup2 Any *first timers* here will have to go back and read the previous ones to see what they missed! :) (must have been the catchy title that got 'em this time)

OMG...this trip report is priceless.....can't wait to read more!!!!!

Ugh, I know how frustrating it can be to deal with people who don't wanna get up in the morning at Disney. My husband was like that when we went in December. He wanted to sleep in and kept saying "but it's my honeymoon!" to which I would respond "but it's Disney!!!" You'd think the fact that they are in freakin' Disney World would be enough to get them moving, but I guess some people just really enjoy their sleep... :confused3

Glad you like Crystal Palace. We have a breakfast ADR there in September. I've never been but most of reviews I have read have been very positive. :thumbsup2 I'm excited to try it for myself.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter