The "Why I didn't speak to my sister for a week" trip report *** Now Complete :)

Maybe we could take up a collection. I'd be willing to kick in ten bucks to see what happens next.:rotfl:

I'm willing to kick in some too...more if it can be while I'm there (as a material witness only;) )

Your trip report is without a doubt one of the funniest I've read. If they ever started a greatest hits thread, you would definitely deserve a nomination.

You were asking about David Sedaris earlier -- he's an American humorist, and my favorite book of his is Me Talk Pretty One Day, about, among other things, trying to learn to speak French while living in Paris.

Say Marina...I may have a solution for two of your addictions...

1. Buy a resale DVC contract for the Beach Club Villas....Deluxe every time, Beach Club as much as you want.

2. Great discount on AP's for DVC members and their households...

Im just sayin'....:rolleyes1

ok...i think I missed something...or not? You just came back from Disney with just your mom, Is there a trip report for that one or is it mixed in with this one?
I really want another report...popcorn::

ok...i think I missed something...or not? You just came back from Disney with just your mom, Is there a trip report for that one or is it mixed in with this one?
I really want another report...popcorn::

I don't think she's started it yet. We are all waiting patiently (or not so patiently :rolleyes1 ) for it. Perhaps she will put a link here for us when she begins (pretty please Marina! :flower3: ).

:goodvibes

Never heard of David Sedaris. What did he write ? Is he cute ?? Single ??? Can he get me a green card and Florida resident rates at the Beach Club ??????

I think he's cute but he's not single and he's gay -- so I think your green card chances are slim to none! ;) Search him on the internet and I bet you can find his books in France. If not then check out the bookstores in the airports next time you're here (like December!!). As the other poster said, he has one called "Me Talk Pretty One Day" that is all about him trying to adjust to life in France...and not doing such a great job. His earlier books have a lot of stuff about his dysfunctional family and are an absolute riot.

My SIL.....does work, but then takes a 3 hour nap after work every day, and the days she has off she sleeps even more. /QUOTE]

OT but is it possible that your SIL has sleep apnea? People with sleep apnea although they appear to sleep enough, do not get quality sleep. They sleep oxygen deprived, get frequent headaches, have daytime sleepiness &/or try to catch up by napping often, among other things. Loud snoring & gasping for air during sleep are also symptoms. The only way to know for sure is to have a sleep study.

Ditto for your sister, Marina...you never know :confused3

I've thought of writing a blog but my life's pretty boring. Unless you wanna hear everything about cash registers and stinky supermarket stalkers? Hey, that rhymes. Maybe I could be a poet

I think the idea of a blog is a great idea. The title of the first segment could be Jessi's back in town. You think your life is boring & there is nothing to write about what about me hanging around in front of this computer just waiting for more from you!!!!:lmao: You keep me intertained. Waiting for the new TR.

Bravo!!! What a great report. Thank you for sharing your adventures with us and in such an entertaining way. I'm looking forward to your next report of your most recent trip.

We would be happy to see you and Grumpy if you arrive on Dec 22nd (we're leaving on Christmas Day). DD and I have spent lots of quality time recently reading your TR together. DD says that we have no lives anymore - between your TR and the Olympics, we are boring boring boring.

Thank goodness she goes back to school in a few weeks!!! Then she won't be bored, she'll have too much homework.

We are looking forward to our trip, and your writing has inspired DD to consider our own TR. She's going to write it because I write enough otherwise (boring software-related stuff for work) and she thinks she's way funnier.

I've thought of writing a blog but my life's pretty boring. Unless you wanna hear everything about cash registers and stinky supermarket stalkers? Hey, that rhymes. Maybe I could be a poet.

That's what makes you so talented..could make cash registers and stalkers interesting. It's you skew on life that makes your writing so alluring. You hit a chord that we can all relate to.

Can't wait for the new TR.
-Rosie

Marina
I have read all of your trip reports now and love your pictures. I couldn't see them at first, but now can. Thank you for sharing so much with us.

Oh my goodness!

I don't remember how I got to your TR, but I read 37 pages just this evening and then started over to read it to my husband. Well, I didn't read the chat, just the installments.

I'm fairly certain he's ready to renew his passport, hop on a plane, and go have a nice long talk about being grateful with your sister... My brother has been generous with us, though nowhere near the extent that you and your mom were, and we are grateful, happy, thankful, and NICE to them when they do those things for us! So I think DH wants to go visit them. :upsidedow

Interestingly, my mom was very generous with a (former) friend of mine and paid for her lodging on a trip to Ireland I invited her on. She was just as ungrateful as your sis and Alex seemed to be. Maybe it's something that happens when some people don't pay for things? :confused3 I don't know though...we sure aren't like that when we are taken to dinner etc.

I'm so sorry that trip was so difficult, but I'm glad you and your mom were able to go back so quickly, and I look forward to that trip report (and will be going back to read your past reports!).

I just had to come out of lurkdom and thank you for the most entertaining report I've ever read. You are a fabulous writer and a complete saint! I would have (at the least) seriously injured my sister or left her stranded by the roadside!:laughing: :laughing: Thanks for sharing this story with us.:)

Wow... you are either insane or strong. Strongly insane?! LOL! :upsidedow

I certainly hope your July trip was much more magical. :wizard:

But thank you for helping me procrastinate whilst at work. :surfweb:

I found your TR yesterday and I've been reading it fast and furiously ever since. It was totally entertaining and the perfect anecdote for what ails me. (DH has to have major surgery next week and I was sitting around moping since Friday.) It was like reading a great novel that you just can't put down and I thoroughly enjoyed reading every bit of it. Your last sentence (blocking her #) was the perfect ending and made me laugh out loud. Too, too funny!

I hope your trip with your mom recently was everything you dreamed of. You seem to love Disney enough to consider looking into the Disney timeshare. Have you ever thought about that?

Thanks again for a truly memorable trip report. The best!

I have to say I found your TR the other day and I have been lmao the whole way through. I even started reading it to my dh and he thinks your ds could very well be his brother's wife LOL!! We are planning a trip for fil and mil for their 30th anniversary and it's their first time to go. We were going to invite my bil and sil to go as well-but she made me mad and I can only imagine what she would be like had we actually invited her. She's the type that if everything doesn't go 300% her way she is a flowering butterfly :rotfl:

I am loving this report--have to work now but will love to finish it later!

Someone on the DL board referred me over here, so I had to check it out for myself! Wow. That's all I can say. You are a saint! I love your writing too. I read the whole thing this afternoon.

I also wanted to second that this is one of the best (or THE best) trip report I have ever read. Very good!!

Wow... I just spent the last 2 hours reading and all I can say is OMG. But I can relate on some level. Albiet small level

We took my brother and DH's brother in 2001 and paid for their tickets and they somehow managed to stay in our room for free (after they were going to go camping in Jan and realized it was too cold) and my BIL took a hissy fit when we asked him to put in an extra $1 for the tip. You would have thought we asked him for a million dollars. And he moaned a complained most of the time how sick he was feeling:sick: , only later to tell my brother that was one of his best vacations :confused3

Some people just don't get it. How hard you worked to pay for this trip and all the planning involved.

I have never read a TR before but you definately have a talent at writing. I would have to say this is pobably the best written piece ever.

Thank you for the wonderful stories.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter