The $

Woo Hoo Looking at my computer this morning 1 aud is getting 1.005 usd so we are getting half a cent more lol

Wow this is great news! Have eagerly been watching the dollar on the news every night. 20 days till our trip, so its very good news. Makes shopping easier too hehehe ;)

Booked hotel and car when AUD was .89 now we save over $100 on both
As the old TAA ad says up up and away ( sorry showing my age )

So excited we are paying our Disney Cruise deposit tomorrow and I am getting a travel card. I LOVE that Aussie Dollar $$$$$ :cool1::thumbsup2:banana::worship::cloud9::woohoo::yay::cheer2:

todays rate friday is 98.20 from Aust post(uses American express rates) no commission,got some money on tuesday at 96.5 so will head down today and order more.

I am so excited! The dollar is So good right now My Walt Disney World Wedding is getting cheaper by the day and so is my Honeymoon! WOOT YAY im so happy!:cool1:

Gee the dollar is climbing back up there. $1.06 today. I'm also dying over the euro at .81 and the pound at .67. I feel like driving to the bank and get myself a fist full of all of these dollars :lmao:.

I'm going to watch this for a few more days and once the kids head back to school Tuesday, if it's still looking good I need to get me some I think.

I got some yesterday. :)

Even if it goes up a few more cents I'll be happy. When I went to Disneyland in 2001 it was 48 cents! Likewise the Pound and Euro.. on my 2002 trip they were .33 and .60! I couldn't really have picked WORSE times to travel!

With the $ so high, and the flights so cheap I really want to go back!

But DH is all "We should see other places first blah blah blah" :headache:

:rotfl:

I'm hearing you loud and clear - What you're saying is we should send our DH's off on their exotic holidays, and you and I should meet up at Disney!! :thumbsup2

Our next trip isn't til December 2014 but if the $ hits $1.10 I am going to get some. The exchange rate made the world of difference to our Sept 11 holiday whereas in 1999 on our previous trip it was $0.76.

Isn't it great to see!! I've been when the $ was .50c and then around .75c and last time about .90-.95c. I've been buying when the rate is over $1 and it feels so good!! I have been able to "pay" for everything now - only spending money to go now!
The pound and euro are great too - but no plans for that side of the world at present!
Happy saving everyone!!! :)

Well....I'll chime in at the other end of the scale. Aussie battler to HK Dollar/Rimimbi is exchanging close on an 1:8 ratio. HK is looking incredibly cheap right now. :thumbsup2

Well....I'll chime in at the other end of the scale. Aussie battler to HK Dollar/Rimimbi is exchanging close on an 1:8 ratio. HK is looking incredibly cheap right now. :thumbsup2

Oh, wow.

What do you think I could do a 7-9 day trip for to HK???? Roughly of course :lmao:

We also exchanged more $ today. Got DD to empty her money box to transfer her spending $ :rotfl:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter