The $

Hi, does one know where the best place would be to buy some $ in the Anaheim area? We were going to get the kids money at Brisbane airport but travellex were only offering 85c which I didnt think was very good and then at Sydney airport it was even worse and now we're here I'm not sure what to do?

Just withdraw the cash at an ATM in Anaheim. You'll get charged exchange rate of the day plus FOREX charges.

Hi Princess in Oz,

DD actually withdrew her cash at Sydney airport, so she has has $1000 Australian cash, we now don't know what to do?

we are just kicking ourselves we didn't organise it at home but because it was a surprise it was a bit hard.

I don't think the US banks will be able to help. They usually want you to be a customer of their bank.

You're then looking at currency exchanges; and I've never changed money in the US so I don't know where they are located. Perhaps someone else on the DisBoard would be able to help.

An option is to put DD purchases on your credit card, keep track of what she has spent (so that she keeps to the budget) and use the AUD to pay off the bill immediately when you get home....

Hi Princess in Oz,

DD actually withdrew her cash at Sydney airport, so she has has $1000 Australian cash, we now don't know what to do?

we are just kicking ourselves we didn't organise it at home but because it was a surprise it was a bit hard.

Lovin - There is a foreign exchange office INSIDE DISNEYLAND PARK.

Go to City Hall near the entrance and Travelex has a desk there.

If you're outside the park, you can also exchange foreign cash at the front desk of the 3 Disneyland Resort Hotels.

I think you also MIGHT be able to do foreign exchange at California Adventure, but I've never tried it in there. But I can GUARANTEE you can exchange foreign cash inside Disneyland - I have don eit.

Thanks Princess, yesterday we decided that's what we would do but we will check inside Disneyland this morning(thanks Oz). About to hit the park for the first morning. Yay!!!!!!

Lovintheland - I was just on the phone to my cousin in LA and she mentioned that there is a full-on Travelex office in Downtown Disney, as well as desks inside Disneyland Park (at City Hall), and in California Adventure.

Dollar is 95.9cents today!! WOO HOO makes me happy sice my partner just got a new job so we can put 95%of his income into cash or onto a travel money card!!!

I think it is time to pay the balance of our WDW package. I've got another 3 weeks before I have to, but with the dollar so high I don't want to wait any longer.

ABC News this morning said forecasters believe that the AUD will get to $1.20 against the Greenback over the coming months.

Go the 2011 trip. Not that I'm complaining about the nineties.

at 5.44 pm Thursday Oct 7

The AUD is wait for it ...... 98.98

Yahooo

Will it go up more watch this space

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter