The $

It will be great when we can actually get $1 for every $1 - so maybe when it is at $1.03 or something :banana::banana::banana:

I am sure I am not asking for too much :rotfl:

xxx

I've been eyeing the Canon lens 17 - 55 f/2.8. This little beauty is $2000 over here. It retails at $1100 in the US.

Think I've just paid for my NEXT airline ticket! :lmao:

I've been eyeing the Canon lens 17 - 55 f/2.8. This little beauty is $2000 over here. It retails at $1100 in the US.

Think I've just paid for my NEXT airline ticket! :lmao:

Noooo, I didn't want to know that!! I am looking for a new lens too. DH is going to hate me!!

With the Dollar been so good it make me want to book another US trip

Maybe I will have to work on Hubby more

OMG, you Aussies are soooooooooooo lucky !!!!!!!! :rolleyes1

Yeah - happy for you guys - but spare a thought for your poor cousins earning Pacific pesos!! (aka Kiwi $) - we are now down to 76 Oz cents to our $, which is going to crimp my shopping on the Gold Coast in 2 weeks big time! waaaah:sad2:

Yeah - happy for you guys - but spare a thought for your poor cousins earning Pacific pesos!! (aka Kiwi $) - we are now down to 76 Oz cents to our $, which is going to crimp my shopping on the Gold Coast in 2 weeks big time! waaaah:sad2:

I know, my cruise booking is in A$ so, although I don't have to pay the balance until next year, I do hope our dollar improves against the A$!!!

But yay for the Kiwi dollar also rising in value against the USD:yay:.
I purchased our Travel Cards (Kiwibank Visa Loaded for Travel) yesterday, and put the first USD dollars on them at .741. Way better than our trip in May09 when the rate was .54:eek:
I will see how the rate goes in the next few weeks before putting any more on, it's a bit of a gambling exercise isn't it!

It is a gamble Caroline.

I put the bulk of my money on my travel card when the dollar was probably 10c less than it is now. Reason being that the AUD can be so volatile. It takes so long to get to a great rate, but then it can lose 20c or even more overnight.

So I bought mine at what I thought was a good price at the time. I am still happy with what I got, because it is much more than I got for it last year.

I am just really not much of a gambler :confused3

xxx

Urggh, I so want to go out and buy a Travelcard and put some US$ on it because, as Caroline said, our dollar is at a good rate although nothing close to the incredible Aussie rates. However, I can't book our flights yet as it's still too early so, until I know whether we can get our two FF seats, I'm not sure whether we can afford to go. I'm afraid that I'll go and put US$ on a Travelcard and then find out we can't go :scared1: But it's so frustrating not making the most of the rate :headache:

Caroline, what made you chose a Kiwi Bank Travel card? There are so many to chose from - did you find that one was better? :confused3

Woohoo :woohoo: I just got some US$ at 95.4 ... can't get all our spending money just yet, but this rate was too good to pass up! :cheer2:

Hi Travel Mum.
I didn't do much research into the different Travel Cards.
Last year we used Cash Passports (Travelex) - also purchased from NZ Post.
But they were for ATM withdrawals only. The Load for Travel Card is a prepaid Visa that can be used at retailers as well. I had seen them advertised at the Post Shop I go to, and they seem fine for what we want. Even though I don't bank with Kiwibank it was still really easy to set up ( just done over the counter - took about 10 mins). The set up fee is $12 and then $10 for each extra load, which can be done via online banking.
The cards we have expire in Dec 2013. Even if you don't travel, by buying at a really good exchange rate you could probably make a gain by cashing up later if you didn't use it ( a bit of Futures trading lol). But then again, who knows, maybe the rate won't go down again for ages!

4.30 news on 7 said Dollar may reach $1.02 by years end and there is still other factors to consider.

But yay for the Kiwi dollar also rising in value against the USD:yay:.
I purchased our Travel Cards (Kiwibank Visa Loaded for Travel) yesterday, and put the first USD dollars on them at .741. Way better than our trip in May09 when the rate was .54:eek:
I will see how the rate goes in the next few weeks before putting any more on, it's a bit of a gambling exercise isn't it!

Yeah, our last DL trip was April 09 so I remember that .54 pain all too well!!
Previous to that, we had last visited in the 90s when at one point the $NZ was below 50c US - that REALLY hurt...so 74c is looking pretty good. Thanks for the Travelcard tip - will look into it even though we aren't planning on another US trip 'til next year

Yay!!! - Think I will go and get a travelcard next week!:banana::banana::banana: Although my budget was banking on another twelve months of saving!
Now when are those airfares going to reduce?

Funny thing this dollar it's made my husband talk about going to to buy some us$ and maybe go next year!!!:cool1::dance3::cool1:

He's thinking April/May, I wanted October, after seening both DL and WDW with Christmas theming, I was very keen to go in October.

Anyway, off to unpack from Bali again!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter