Things that are unnecessarily expensive

Professional sports = absolutely ridiculous prices now.
I wanted to go see the Bucs last season to watch Tom Brady vs Buffalo Bills. A regular, lower level ticket (not premium) was about $1,000/ea. Same with basketball ($500-800 /ea) and hockey. Even baseball, that used to be more affordable, a single ticket in rows 10-20 is over $300 for a regular season game (TB Rays)
And beer in any professional sports venue is now $12-$15 , parking $20-$40
You can buy a quality 70" TV for the price of a single NFL ticket these days.
I'm done going to live games - Insanely expensive experience.

Baby formula. They keep it under lock and key in the WalMart and supermarkets near me.
Yeah the whole concept of needing to lock up baby food because it gets stolen a lot is next-level dystopian to me. The idea that there are parents out there who desperately need to feed their babies but are too poor to do so is heartbreaking. We have a lot of social safety nets -- I believe we have WIC programs and such to address this situation. I wonder why some people aren't able to get what they need from those programs and need to steal it instead?

(also, why do you have what looks like Davy Jones dancing to a post about over-priced baby formula??)

Yeah the whole concept of needing to lock up baby food because it gets stolen a lot is next-level dystopian to me. The idea that there are parents out there who desperately need to feed their babies but are too poor to do so is heartbreaking. We have a lot of social safety nets -- I believe we have WIC programs and such to address this situation. I wonder why some people aren't able to get what they need from those programs and need to steal it instead?

(also, why do you have what looks like Davy Jones dancing to a post about over-priced baby formula??)
There is a baby formula shortage which is one reason for the extreme price increase. And then we have the cost of transportation.

I won’t speak to service stations, but concessions is where movie theaters make their money. They don’t make much on ticket sales.
Yes, movie theaters make nothing from ticket sales. And if you have ARCO AM PM Mini Market gas stations. The reason their gasoline prices are 40 cents a gallon less than everyone else, they want you to come in the store and buy a bag of chips or a soda. That has been their business model for the last 30 years. Draw you in with low gasoline prices, making money on junk food you buy. I hear they make a TON of money on the hot BBQ Rib sandwiches they well.....their rip off the of the McRib. They also haven't taken credit cards in 30 years, but now they are starting to, but charge 10 cents a gallon more if you pay with a credit card.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter