Things to do in WDW other than the parks

While I can't speak to Walt Disney policy, and I am that it is published somewhere. My personal view is the delayed implementation for UK and Ireland guests is due to the extended length of stays these guests tend to book with Disney Travel. Most stays start at 14 days and many hit 30 days. That's a lot of overnight parking to add to a vacation budget.

Dave
Maybe so. There are also some US visitors who stay a couple of weeks, though. I think it would have been more fair to exempt anyone staying two weeks or more.

You can reserve the Fort Wilderness trail rides ahead of time. So if you know for sure that you want to do it, go ahead and make the reservation. It's in the middle of the afternoon, so just be aware if you're going at a warm time of year.

Ft Wilderness also has wagon rides 2x every evening. It leaves from outside of Pioneer Hall. Cash only. $12/adult and it's a bit less than that for children. No reservations, first come, first served. Fort Wilderness and the Port Orleans resorts, I believe, also do carriage rides which I think you can book ahead of time. It's on the WDW website.

It also may be due to rules and regulations in the UK/Ireland. From partipating on cruising message boards, I know that there are additional regulations that apply when they book travel.

My daughter (8) loved doing the "bead" workshops at Animal Kingdom Lodge. I think there are total of 10, but they include learning about geography and conservation, making animal feeding boxes, learning about flamingos and pelicans, making African inspired music.

There's a lot going on at many of the resorts. You usually get an activity sheet when they arrive. I know there are tours of Old Key West and Wilderness Lodge on certain days of the week. I think we did cupcake decorating at Animal Kingdom Lodge as well.

The number of things to do would keep you busy for days! I know the Segway required reservations in advance but I’m not sure how far you’d need to make them. Due to the cost there weren’t many people on my tour.

the other things you could probably do day of. Most things have a small cost but there are lots of free stuff...visiting the draft horses and ponies, calliope (Walt bought It) and the campfire/movie. You can even buy s’mores fixings there!

Stay for the evening, fireworks on the beach, they pipe in the music and the Water Electrical Parade comes right at the doc there at 9:45. Best is when fireworks are at 10. The beach fills up, you can get there early and grab a table on the dock and bring some drinks and snacks from Crockett's Tavern, next to Trail's End or something from the to-go counter at Trail's End.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter