• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Think you may have already had Coronavirus?

well, if your job is essential then knowing if you NEED to quarantine may be wise.

This is true.

Some of the testing sites in my area require a prescription. Some don't. This particular one doesn't and the line formed over an hour before it opened. Some were probably essential employees....some probably weren't.

We think we had it back in late January/early February. Even my mother, who usually rolls her eyes at me for being "dramatic," is thoroughly convinced that I, at least, had it. And honestly, we hadn't even heard the term "coronavirus" when we had it and when we went to Florida in February.

Mid-January, the day we took my in-laws to the airport to leave for Florida, my 4.5-year-old complained of a headache and vomited in the car on the way to pick them up. On the way to the airport, he and I were returned home, where he vomited again and slept for the better part of the day, with a fever and coughing.

Almost 2 weeks later, on a Thursday, he went to his morning preschool just fine, but in the afternoon, he developed a fever and violent cough that made him vomit again. I kept him home from preschool the following day, Friday, and he seemed to get better in the afternoon.

The next morning (Saturday), I awoke with a fever, chills, body aches, coughing, and a tight feeling in my chest. I chalked it up to a sinus infection, which I get monthly/every other month in the winter (I have severe winter allergies). By mid-day, I was back in bed with a worsening fever, shivering from the chills, my whole body just plain hurt, and I felt like I had an elephant sitting on my chest. I remember laying in bed muttering, "OMG, I'm going to die, I'm going to die..." My mother checked on me and now tells me that I was extremely hot. Late in the evening, maybe 8/8:30 p.m., the fever broke. I was still very tired, though. Sometime later that week, I remember sitting at the dining room table eating dinner, and after my mom left - she's a really good cook and I didn't want to make her feel bad - I whispered to DH that I couldn't taste my food at all. It eventually came back, but I do remember that for about a week, I couldn't taste anything.

The next day, Sunday, I felt good enough to get out of bed, but still like a truck had hit me. Still had a lingering cough and tightness in my chest. My DH started coughing and his face was bright red, as he developed a fever as well. He stayed home from work the following day, Monday, and while he returned to work on Tuesday, he now says he wishes he'd stayed home because he wasn't up to par.

We both still had some coughing fits a week later when we left on our annual drive to Florida, but we cleared up completely once we got to the warm weather in South Carolina. We did our trip, and it was maybe the last day or two that we were in Florida that we heard about this virus going through China. We returned home on February 22 and have felt fine ever since. If we really did have it, we are VERY lucky that my 65-year-old mother, who lives in the same house, who touched me and helped wash the bedsheets we'd slept in, didn't get it.

I had the symptoms of the COVID-19 about three weeks ago. However, until they make available tests for antibodies, I can't say for certain that I had it.

I wonder if I had it in January into February. I had a cough that wouldn't go away, fever, aches, and it started with a sore throat. I wasn't sure what it was because it kind of felt like a very bad cold but never got the runny or stuffy nose. Didn't have flu like stomach issues though either. I do remember thinking if I should maybe call a doctor because my chest was killing me (I never got to the doctor so for me to think about it means it was bad). My symptoms felt like something I've never had before.

When this thing got big I said to people I know that I bet I had it. Only reason I'm unsure is because the two people I live with didn't catch it from me which would be surprising for how contagious it seems.

Yes - I think I (and my entire family) has probably had it, as well as most of the people in my department at work. My department chair traveled to Australia/NZ in January, through Asia. He came back very sick with the symptoms of COVID-19 and worked for two days in our department before his physician had him quarantine for 10 days. We were aware of COVID at the time, but there was no ability in my state to be tested.

Within about a week, most folks in my department were sick and my entire family got sick as well. We didn't think much of it at the time; we were all pretty mildly ill, although I do remember telling DH how odd it was to be sick without having a stuffy nose or a sinus infection in the wintertime. One person in my department did get fairly severe pneumonia and was out of work for three weeks. We have all since recovered, and I've often wondered if that was what we had. If the antibody test becomes available in the US like it's going to be in the UK I will most certainly take it.

Our family was just saying the same thing. We all went to Mardi Gras pretty much every day. We all have little kids so hand hygiene isn’t as easy in public as it is for adults. My sister took a pic with someone we now know is def positive. We went to Wdw the next week & other family went on a Disney Cruise that ended up having a positive case on board. My sister did all this too & is also an ER nurse who has been working without proper PPE. We have all had mild cold-like symptoms at some point after all this about 2 weeks ago. Perhaps we have just gotten lucky so far or we have gotten exposed & are done? Who knows.

I have been wondering about this as well. 3-4 weeks ago I got the strangest cold. The first night I had a fever and alternated between freezing cold and profusely sweating. I had some mild chest pain; my lungs hurt if I went for a walk or something but were fine in day to day activities. I had occasional coughing fits, but nothing alarming. My first thought was bronchitis. I didn’t feel sick enough to go to the doctor and waste valuable resources. I did spend a couple days in bed. I also had some intestinal issues, but again nothing alarming.
What made me wonder about the virus was the fact that I completely lost my sense of taste for about a week. It was the strangest thing.
DD17 had similar, but milder, symptoms as well. But DH didn’t, so who knows....

Last edited:
We got off the Disney Magic in Miami in early January and flu symptoms started for me by the time we got home that day. It lasted for over a week and was one of the worst colds/flus I've ever had. I'm still thinking it was likely too early in the spread and was likely just a regular flu but I'm hoping I already had it. We kept up with the facebook page for that cruise for awhile and it seems many more had the same symptoms.

I actually am wondering the same thing...we went on a cruise out of New Orleans...arrived on Saturday night (February 22nd) and got into New Orleans around 9:00 pm and immediately went to our airport hotel. Not much interaction with anyone but my family but there were tons of people everywhere in the hotel that were wearing beads etc. so assuming that they were at the parades. We left for our cruise on Sunday, February 23rd and I was fine the entire cruise...no symptoms whatsoever (7 day cruise)--got off the cruise on Sunday, March 1st and we did lots of touristy stuff in the French Quarter. I woke up on Monday, March 2nd with a sore throat and a dry cough...by Monday afternoon, the cough was so bad that my chest was hurting. My daughter immediately suggested that I take ibuprofen for the sore throat and we didn't have a thermometer to take my temperature so no I idea if I had a low grade fever. My daughter is a pharmacist and she said that she never saw a cough get so bad in a matter of hours (I was hacking). We flew home on Tuesday through Charlotte and at the airport, my daughter called my doctor who phoned my local CVS for augumentin since I can't take a Z-pack (I have A Fib). I was scheduled to go back to work on Wednesday, March 3rd (I work at a hospital) and I had to call off for 2 days because I honestly have never felt this terrible. Not to be dramatic, but we kept checking the Covid 19 outbreak in New Orleans and DD kept saying well she didn't think that it was possible that I caught it at all since it really wasn't an outbreak in New Orleans..but now we are seriously wondering if I didn't have it given that they think the whole thing started during Mardi Gras. None of the rest of my family (DH and DD) got sick...who knows but I would sure like to take the antibody test when it comes out to see if indeed I did have this and my body was strong enough to fight it off. I sure feel bad if I did have it and infected anyone else (but no one that I work with are sidk)

Probably not but maybe? Who knows?

In late October which I know is too early in the timeline my kids had what I called “this weird virus.” Mid to high fever, dry cough and overall feeling of being hit by a truck. When symptoms of the coronavirus started coming out it made me think of this because it was so weird and not anything like they’d had before.

Feb 29th my niece got married here in Vegas. There were people from California, Texas and Seattle, Washington. We were aware of coronavirus, there were cases in all three of those states but at the time just didn’t really think too much of it. I was the photographer and the person from Seattle was handling my phone because it had the list of photos on it. My phone got handed back and forth between her and my kids (my assistants). A week later DS had mild cold.

March 6/7 my DD was here from Seattle. Things were ramping up but it was still just “wash your hands, stay home if you are sick.” We even went to the movies (it was packed.) I warn DD that DS had just had a cold so don’t freak if she gets it. Later that week she complains about a crushing sinus headache but that’s it. Thursday that week younger DD wakes me up with “a stomachache like she’s never had before.” By morning she’s fine but leery of eating. Saturday, exactly one week after older DD leaves younger DD comes to me with a sore throat and fever. By the next day she has a fever that won’t break, crushing headache, eyes hurt, semi running nose and a cough. I consult the symptom chart over and over- sicker than a cold, not as sick as the flu but not the coronavirus? Meantime I have achy shoulders/neck, scratchy throat, a headache, stomachache and tight chest. Most likely stress/snoring/anxiety but enough of a concern I tell DH to “stay back.”

I feel like none of this likely has anything to do with coronavirus but the symptoms seem so wide and varied now I do find myself wondering.

Honestly, I think that anyone with any kind of illness are thinking it’s Covid. I have a headache and slight chest congestion and it crossed my mind. I figured that I would simply act as if I am contagious and act accordingly.

I've always thought my husband had it but not sure since it was around January 10th. I think the virus was here then. I mean with all the travel to and from China from the US, it seems crazy to think that someone with it didn't show up in the U.S. in December.

My husband had the hallmark signs of this headache that most people who have it refer to. And it was awful and long-lasting. He had a weird cough that got progressively worse and a fever that ultimately got to about 103.4. But prior to it spiking, he had a few days where he roamed around with it at about 100 degrees. Once the fever shot up, he went to Urgent Care for a flu swab. They also did strep. Both were negative. Doctor was concerned he had pneumonia but for some reason my husband just didn't get an x-ray. Doctor put him on doxycycline for the possible pneumonia. He did get some slight improvement with that but not like you'd get if you had a true bacterial infection. He ended up being miserable for 2 weeks and then it was another 3 weeks before he felt himself. Had a headache for a total of 4 weeks.

I posted about our experiences on the "Do you know anyone" thread so I'm not going to retype it all, but short answer is yes. I think at least three of us had it shortly after our return from California in mid/late Jan., and it was the sickest I ever remember being. At the time, no one believed it to be spreading in the U.S. but after the cluster of deaths near Seattle, the thinking shifted to it having been spreading for at least 6 weeks... and our trip was squarely within that time frame.

I thought my daughter had it two months ago. She had aches, cough, trouble breathing, and couldn't smell or taste. I remember telling her that if she has a stuffy nose of course she can't smell or taste anything. We took her to the doctor who wouldn't test her for anything because she didn't have a fever. After she got better (although she still has a lingering cough), my son and I had mild symptoms.

Sure a lot of people have had it the last couple months... but problem with this is that the 'folksy' people start throwing around that every sickness the last 5 months was Covid 19, and gives them a sense of immunity because they 'probably already had it.' Therefore they are less likely to follow distancing habits as well as they should... and downplay the seriousness because they got better.

There are other 'sicknesses' out there besides Covid 19... just because people were sick doesn't mean they had it. Especially all the people who were on cruises...cruises are filled with all kinds of stuff to make you sick. Been on a couple a long time ago and knew even then to always wash your hands and practice good hygiene on the ships.

Until a mass antibody test is done, we won't know who had it and who didn't (outside people who already tested positive ). Imagine if this drags out people with antibodies may get a special ID that will allow them more freedom of movement... of course always chance of reinfection or mutation, but at some point portions of the population will have to be cleared.

It's great that you all are posting symptoms here. Hopefully in the near future, you can get an antibody test and come back to post the results. We also had a few family members that were sick with fever and cough in mid-January. This was pre-covid so they were only offered Mono and Flu tests, of which they were negative. These family members were avid international travelers. The good news is that they're all fully recovered and do not seem to have any lingering effects.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter