• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Tiana's Palace opening Sept 7th

The gumbo looks delish and will definitely be on my list next month, along with that FILLED beignet! 😍

I need that Ray glowcube too, and the ceramic lilypad would make for a really cute bedside jewelry dish.

Smokejumpers has upped their game recently. It's like 9/10 these days. For awhile, it got very mediocre. It's been consistently great for several months now.
I enjoyed it both times I went!! It was awesome!!!

I am so happy so many ppl are disliking the menu cause this means it's gonna be easier for me to eat there cause I think It all looks soo good.

Looks fine to me. I'm not big on seafood anyway, and there is a muffaletta, so I'm all set. And filled beignets? Yes, please. The little plate set is cute too.

The gumbo looks delish and will definitely be on my list next month, along with that FILLED beignet! 😍

I need that Ray glowcube too, and the ceramic lilypad would make for a really cute bedside jewelry dish.
Where do you see pictures of these?

Never mind! Image search did the trick. Cute!!

I’m a little bummed
Why a beef po boy? Should be shrimp
I don’t like grits so will have to get the shrimp and not eat the grits and get a side of Mac and cheese or cornbread

Still going to go there on the 8th but not loving the options

I’m a little bummed
Why a beef po boy? Should be shrimp
I don’t like grits so will have to get the shrimp and not eat the grits and get a side of Mac and cheese or cornbread

Still going to go there on the 8th but not loving the options
The shrimp po' boy that used to be at French Marketplace was not good, so personally I'm glad they skipped it. A slow-cooked beef po' boy is also very traditional, so while I'll probably skip it (or just share it once to try), it makes sense too.

I feel like in general many Disney quick service places tend to do better with stewed or roasted beef-type foods as opposed to seafood. (An exception is Docking Bay 7, though don't get me started on the seafood options at Harbor Gallery lol.)

I was bummed to see shrimp and grits taken off the Cafe Orleans menu, so glad to see it here! Also won't say no to a muffaletta sandwich, so hoping this one is good.

The shrimp po' boy that used to be at French Marketplace was not good, so personally I'm glad they skipped it. A slow-cooked beef po' boy is also very traditional, so while I'll probably skip it (or just share it once to try), it makes sense too.

I feel like in general many Disney quick service places tend to do better with stewed or roasted beef-type foods as opposed to seafood. (An exception is Docking Bay 7, though don't get me started on the seafood options at Harbor Gallery lol.)

I was bummed to see shrimp and grits taken off the Cafe Orleans menu, so glad to see it here! Also won't say no to a muffaletta sandwich, so hoping this one is good.
I don’t eat meat so would have preferred more shrimp options

I’m not a fan of the overpriced plate
At Tokyo Disneyland you can get plates for less than $10 with your meals
One of the many reasons I’m visiting the Tokyo parks from this trip onwards
USA parks pricing is so out of hand especially with the weak Australian dollar it’s the most expensive trip I’ve ever taken

That chicken looks pretty amazing, so I hope it tastes as good as it looks. And I'm always good for gumbo and cornbread!

(I've seen a couple people on another site complain about the French Dip going away, but the last time I had the French Dip at French Market, it was cold and dry and terrible. Which is a shame since it used to be the best.)

That chicken looks pretty amazing, so I hope it tastes as good as it looks. And I'm always good for gumbo and cornbread!

(I've seen a couple people on another site complain about the French Dip going away, but the last time I had the French Dip at French Market, it was cold and dry and terrible. Which is a shame since it used to be the best.)

They could have just improved the French Dip.

They seem to be streamlining menus across property by introducing the same ingredients to numerous places.

This beef is likely the same beef that started off as birria tacos at Cocina Cucamonga, then appeared at Jolly Holiday in the Birria Grilled Cheese, which then migrated over to the Lucky Fortune Cookery to appear in the Birria Ramen bowl. And now over to French Market as a beef Po Boy.

I mean, it's good beef. I just had the tacos last night and they were amazing as usual, but VARIETY seems to be on the chopping block every time they introduce new menu items at Disneyland lately. It just smacks of streamlining for budgetary reasons. Let the chefs be more creative than "find another use for slow roasted shredded beef."

And the lemon beignet. EVERYTHING is lemon right now. I love lemon. But not every dessert needs to be lemon or "chocolate hazlenut" which is also taking over.

Last edited:
They could have just improved the French Dip.

They seem to be streamlining menus across property by introducing the same ingredients to numerous places.

This beef is likely the same beef that started off as birria tacos at Cocina Cucamonga, then appeared at Jolly Holiday in the Birria Grilled Cheese, which then migrated over to the Lucky Fortune Cookery to appear in the Birria Ramen bowl. And now over to French Market as a beef Po Boy.

I mean, it's good beef. I just had the tacos last night and they were amazing as usual, but VARIETY seems to be on the chopping block every time they introduce new menu items at Disneyland lately. It just smacks of streamlining for budgetary reasons. Let the cheese more creative than "find another use for slow roasted shredded beef."

And the lemon beignet. EVERYTHING is lemon right now. I love lemon. But not every dessert needs to be lemon or "chocolate hazlenut" which is also taking over.

If they had just done the same menu, but "improved" it, then another segment of the population would find a reason to complain that there was no point in changing the restaurant if they just kept it the same.

The picture doesn't look like the birria at all, IMO, and I doubt they're going to have a Mexican seasoned beef on a po-boy (in a place that isn't doing fusion). A slow roasted beef po-boy is pretty common New Orleans themed fare, so it absolutely makes sense. I don't think this is re-purposing. It's a very Louisiana themed menu and it's not a birria po-boy, just a beef po-boy.

If they had just done the same menu, but "improved" it, then another segment of the population would find a reason to complain that there was no point in changing the restaurant if they just kept it the same.

The picture doesn't look like the birria at all, IMO, and I doubt they're going to have a Mexican seasoned beef on a po-boy (in a place that isn't doing fusion). A slow roasted beef po-boy is pretty common New Orleans themed fare, so it absolutely makes sense. I don't think this is re-purposing. It's a very Louisiana themed menu and it's not a birria po-boy, just a beef po-boy.

I didn't say keep the menu the same, but that French Dip was very good when it first debuted and was a popular item. And there is nowhere else on property right now where you can get one (Steakhouse 55 Lounge used to have the very best one ever). I can get stewed beef in a "salty liquid" in 3 other places in between the 2 parks. The beef in the birria tacos and grilled cheese is NOT Mexican flavored at all. The consomme dipping broth IS, but the beef on it's own has no discernable flavor. It's pretty plain. It's all the same beef.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter