Tim and Tina DCL April 18, 2009 Wedding Update Day 1 and 2 up! With pics!

tinkerbelle77

DIS Veteran
Hello...I guess I will introduce us to all of you...

Myself(Tina), 31 and DF(Timothy), 34. We have been together for just over 2 and half years. Tim has 1 daughter Lauren (5) and I have 2 daughters (12 and 10). We have decided on this wedding last minute, we had the cruise booked for about a year solo...So the girls will not be with us because of school, but we are planning a reception when we return.

Yesterday, I had this brainstorm to get married on board...Tim had asked me to marry him a week ago, but there was no ring, so I figured he would get around to it eventually or if not who cares....So I called him yesterday and asked him if we could get married on board, he kinda put me off and didnt answer. I got irritated with him, and then he told me he was planning to make the engagement official with the ring on board the first night at Palo. OOOPS...I felt like a jerk. But he agreed that he'd rather get married on baord instead of engaged. I had already called Disney Weddings to see if there was availablility and was told yes that the planner would call me in a day or two...so now I wait, of do I?

We went online and ordered a ring, he was unsure of what I would like, so he was very happy for my imput. I picked the center stone shape (heart) and we picked the setting together, and he picked the stone size based on the 4 C's (I have no clue). I was pleased and overwhelmed...I felt the center stone was a little much, but it was what he wanted.

Then I went online and ordered my dress...A Chiffon Split-Front A-Line, very simple. I wanted something that was simple yet would make me feel like a bride...It has very simple beading under the bust area, and thats it. A pic will come soon!

We have asked Tim's friend Keith to attend with Kristen his girlfriend, my aunt, and my dad and his dad were already going with us.

My mom and step dad will have my daughters, I really thought my mom would be disappointed that she wasnt coming, so I called her before we made the decision. She said she had no desire to get on a ship anytime soon...She was really sick for the 3 night we went on in February...Her 1st and last cruise I think! So she said she'd still keep my girls and help with Lauren during school, and we'd have a reception when we return! Boy was that a relief!

Well, time to get ready to head out to work! Yuck...Its snowing again!

Update: Wedding band and engagement pics
P3070089.jpg

P3070091.jpg

P3070086.jpg

Wow, congrats! It sounds like it is all coming together, can't wait to keep reading :)

I love the dress! Perfect for the cruise and a great match for the flip flops!

I'm sure he will love the exotic rasual, it sounds amazing.

Tim and I have decided to add on 2 days after the cruise and have a Magic Kingdom photo shoot!! I have always said that I wanted to have my wedding pics in front of Cinderellas castle...And this is probably the only oppurtunity that we will have.

We are going to schedule it for Sunday April 26...I have a question for all you brides who have had the MK shoot...If it rains what happens?

Congratulations! It looks like everything is coming along great! Keep us updated often, I'm excited to be following along!

Just thought I'd post an update for all of you...

On 2/2, I was rushed to the hospital dizzy, nauseous, and unable to stand. I had been having some neck pain previously, but thought it was nothing serious. I tried to pop my neck, and thats when all this started. At the hospital they thought I was having a stroke...But after 3 MRI's and MRA's, 2 Cat scans, a million bood draws and a week in the ICU they figured out it was a tear in my verteral artery on the left side. This is the artery that goes from your neck to your brain. I was sent home on blood thinners and told to take it easy and it will heal. I have to go to the Dr. 2 times week for tests. I have been dizzy a few times since then and tired, but overall I think I will be ok.

I returned to work on Monday, and its been tiring but ok...My boss is good with me leaving early or taking i easy if I dont feel well!

I had no medical insurance, so on 2/11 Tim and I went to the church and got married in a quick ceremony so I'd have some insurance...There was no frills, no dress, not much, but it was nice.

We are still planning the DCL wedding on 4/23, after talking to Cathy she said she'd refund us the money for the license and the officiant And we can still have the weeing without that! So we agreed.

We have also decided to take our children with us!!! But its going to be a surprise! After being in the hospital, it made me see things differently and I wanted the girls with us.

AH!! Congrats!!

Cathy totally "gets" the VR being a wedding..she and I had many conversations about it being my wedding!!

Get well..how scary! and yes..nothing like a health scare to make you put everything into a new outlook!

Wow what a 1st page to a PJ i am glad you are ok and hope you continue to get better how exciting you are taking the girls as a surprise i couldnt keep it a secret lol

what an ordeal! Glad you are starting to feel better though. :flower3: The girls will be so excited to go to your wedding too, how exciting for them!

I can't believe i missed this! Congrats on your engagment! What a scary situation you had! Glad you're better!

Enjoy planning!

Sorry to hear about your hospital visit... that's never fun. I hope you get to feeling 100% better soon. Here's some pixie dust to helppixiedust:

I'm glad to hear your daughters get to come along! How exciting for them. Are you going to surprise them in some special way?

:goodvibes I'm glad to hear you're doing better. Congrats on the engagement, wedding and wedding plans all in one.

We are trying to think of a unique way to surprise the girls...We have a lot of cruise line souvenirs that we have collected from cruises...All of it is mainly papers, and either we can do a scavenger hunt and then lead up to the pirze of them going with us or I was thinking of making a program of sorts about the wedding and the cruise and mailing it to the girls...And then having them open it up and read about the wedding, etc, and then at the bottom have a crossword or word seek puzzle that said they were going...

If anyone has any better ideas or something to add, let me know!

Hello...I guess I will introduce us to all of you...

Myself(Tina), 31 and DF(Timothy), 34. We have been together for just over 2 and half years. Tim has 1 daughter Lauren (5) and I have 2 daughters (12 and 10). We have decided on this wedding last minute, we had the cruise booked for about a year solo...So the girls will not be with us because of school, but we are planning a reception when we return.

Yesterday, I had this brainstorm to get married on board...Tim had asked me to marry him a week ago, but there was no ring, so I figured he would get around to it eventually or if not who cares....So I called him yesterday and asked him if we could get married on board, he kinda put me off and didnt answer. I got irritated with him, and then he told me he was planning to make the engagement official with the ring on board the first night at Palo. OOOPS...I felt like a jerk. But he agreed that he'd rather get married on baord instead of engaged. I had already called Disney Weddings to see if there was availablility and was told yes that the planner would call me in a day or two...so now I wait, of do I?

We went online and ordered a ring, he was unsure of what I would like, so he was very happy for my imput. I picked the center stone shape (heart) and we picked the setting together, and he picked the stone size based on the 4 C's (I have no clue). I was pleased and overwhelmed...I felt the center stone was a little much, but it was what he wanted.

Then I went online and ordered my dress...A Chiffon Split-Front A-Line, very simple. I wanted something that was simple yet would make me feel like a bride...It has very simple beading under the bust area, and thats it. A pic will come soon!

We have asked Tim's friend Keith to attend with Kristen his girlfriend, my aunt, and my dad and his dad were already going with us.

My mom and step dad will have my daughters, I really thought my mom would be disappointed that she wasnt coming, so I called her before we made the decision. She said she had no desire to get on a ship anytime soon...She was really sick for the 3 night we went on in February...Her 1st and last cruise I think! So she said she'd still keep my girls and help with Lauren during school, and we'd have a reception when we return! Boy was that a relief!

Well, time to get ready to head out to work! Yuck...Its snowing again!

I have a heart as well! Aren't they beautiful?!?!

I know what you mean about the 4c's being a foreign language to me. WHen I realized that he paid triple the amount for the rign I Have opposed to another with less "clarity", I nearly fainted. He then told me "I could have gotten you a four carrot ring if I wanted but the value wouldn't have been worth the same as your ring since you 4c's are perfect" :confused: :confused: I still don't get it...but... thats okay... Its sparkley! (He could have gotten me a fake one and I wouldnt have known the difference

I have a heart as well! Aren't they beautiful?!?!

I know what you mean about the 4c's being a foreign language to me. WHen I realized that he paid triple the amount for the rign I Have opposed to another with less "clarity", I nearly fainted. He then told me "I could have gotten you a four carrot ring if I wanted but the value wouldn't have been worth the same as your ring since you 4c's are perfect" :confused: :confused: I still don't get it...but... thats okay... Its sparkley! (He could have gotten me a fake one and I wouldnt have known the difference

The hearts are beautiful...I really wanted a heart shape, and he really didnt care as along as it was what I wanted! He got an amazing deal on the ring from an online site...It appraised at over $10,000, and he paid a third of that. I was happy with that...He knows I'm always up for a good bargin, and that my motto is never pay full price unless you have no other choice! I just finished your PJ and you are amazingly creative! I cant wait to see more!

Here's a pic from our Feb. wedding!
P2110044.jpg

We just had to have our Mickey and Minnie ears for that ceremony! It didnt feel right, boy am I glad that I ordered them before I got sick!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter