• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

Tony Hinds transportation

You’ll be very happy with Tony’s service !
Tony and the other drivers work as a team and all are gems

When Tony is booked solid I usually get Art as a driver
He is as wonderful as Tony is

I have been satisfied with all the drivers!

They work as a team so some one will always be available to handle the transportation
Yes!!! It was amazing service today. Here it was one of the busiest travel days of the year - the day before Thanksgiving. The driver (Ron - one of Tony's regulars) showed up 15 minutes early and said he would wait unless she was ready - and she was! They had no traffic until nearing the airport when it was a complete stop - a virtual parking lot of cars. Ron knew the "tricks" though and navigated in and around to get her through and into the airport quite quickly - the normal 30 minute drive only took 40 minutes in all due to his maneuvering. She was there a couple hours early but due to warnings on the news about short staff and long security lines she was happy. Ron then suggested the curbside check-in and took her bags right up to them. She was through (and did tip the curb site appropriately) and at security in minutes. She already talked to Ron about using Tony again for the ride back and he said to just call and although he would be on vacation at that time Tony would get her another driver. So, Tony seems to come through whether booked far in advance or short notice and goes the extra steps to provide stellar service at prices lower than Mears or Uber would have been. We will never travel with anyone else when in the Orlando area! Thanks again everyone for all the info and now we, too, heavily endorse Tony!

Our RT in January MCO-AKL-BWV is $140.
I'm guessing that the price is somewhat dependent on how many occupants there will be as well? My daughter (1 person) did one way from a hospital a few minutes from Disney to MCO and it was only $50. This was below what Mears or Uber was quoting and it was the Thanksgiving holiday no less - can't beat it!

Is the e mail in the first posts correct? I messaged last week but I haven’t had a response.
I sent an email today. I'm a little wary of giving my personal information to an email address that doesn't identify the person/business it's going to.

I have a pick up super early tomorrow morning but do not have his phone number. Does anyone happen to have his cell? Thank you!

We do not discuss prices for car service on the boards please

contact Tony by email and discuss his charges privately

Last edited:
Although he still isn’t answering my emails.
We're taking a trip in July. I reached out to Tony after we booked the trip in August. No response. Reached out again in September. No response. Tried one more time earlier this week and got a response within an hour.

Normally, I wouldn't give someone that many chances, but a) our trip is a long ways off and b) we've used Tony in the past and were VERY happy.

I suggested reaching out again.

We do not discuss prices for car service on the boards please

contact Tony by email and discuss his charges privately
The airport charges a fee for ground transportation from MCO. That's why fares from MCO are higher then fares going to MCO.

NOT discussing charges but answering posters question.

Mears is big company with overhead. Fares will be a bit higher. Compamies like FL Tours have lower overhead and are cheaper. Tony has low marketing costs and low overhead His prices are a fee dollars less.

Although he still isn’t answering my emails.
We're taking a trip in July. I reached out to Tony after we booked the trip in August. No response. Reached out again in September. No response. Tried one more time earlier this week and got a response within an hour.

Normally, I wouldn't give someone that many chances, but a) our trip is a long ways off and b) we've used Tony in the past and were VERY happy.

I suggested reaching out again.
People have reported that if your trip is far off, then you may not get a response right away. I understand people want to get everything set up as soon as they know they are going on a trip because I'm like that too. Maybe he should set up an automated reply for emails.

I've booked with Tony Hinds for airport/resort/airport transportation. Has anyone asked the driver to stop by a grocery? I'm at SSR, there's a Winn dixie on SR 535 so not too far out of the way. What I really want is wine, but I'm a little embarrassed to tell him that.

Contact Tony and let him be aware you need a grocery stop before you head to your hotel

The driver would need to be aware in advance

His drivers schedule are set up in advance and need to be aware if any stops are to be made if you are not going directly to your hotel

Frequently the driver selects the store for a free stop. They pick.a store which only adds a few minutes using the route the driver selects. A store which is easy to shop and pay. Walmart, Costco...are not conducive for a quick stop.Publix near Williamsburg is frequently used.

Google maps will confirm the stop only adds a few minutes and the drive time is faster then you expect. How many traffic lights and how much extra traffic a stop adds is significant.

Tell the driver you want wine. Adult beverages is a common reason for a stop

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter