• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Toy Story Land Annual Passholder Event

Pandora AP previews made sure everyone in the party was an AP.
That makes sense. I just read upthread that people could have a guest but they must have an AP. So that's not a guest, just another eligible attendee. It will probably be the same this time, but maybe since it will have been open for several months they will allow a guest.

Went back and no mention of guests in the email:

Passholder Play Time*
Get ready to play big! Select Gold, Platinum, Platinum Plus and Premier Passholders, experience exclusive access to Toy Story Landat Disney's Hollywood Studios® on select dates and times this September.
*This event will have limited capacity and registration will be required. Invitations will be sent to select Gold, Platinum, Platinum Plus and Premier Passholders via email this summer for Passholder Play Time. Registration will be on a first-come, first-served basis.

That makes sense. I just read upthread that people could have a guest but they must have an AP. So that's not a guest, just another eligible attendee. It will probably be the same this time, but maybe since it will have been open for several months they will allow a guest.

Passholder Play Time*
Get ready to play big! Select Gold, Platinum, Platinum Plus and Premier Passholders, experience exclusive access to Toy Story Landat Disney's Hollywood Studios® on select dates and times this September.
*This event will have limited capacity and registration will be required. Invitations will be sent to select Gold, Platinum, Platinum Plus and Premier Passholders via email this summer for Passholder Play Time. Registration will be on a first-come, first-served basis.
So it won’t let me copy the text from the passholder website but it clearly says if you want to register a guest to attend with you they must also have an eligible AP to attend. I assume the reason for allowing you to register them too is just so you can make sure you have a friend/family member to join you since these things fill up quickly and presumably people would prefer to go with someone.

So it won’t let me copy the text from the passholder website but it clearly says if you want to register a guest to attend with you they must also have an eligible AP to attend. I assume the reason for allowing you to register them too is just so you can make sure you have a friend/family member to join you since these things fill up quickly and presumably people would prefer to go with someone.
If you are a family of 4 with APs for all, both parents can sign up and each sign up a child to go with. Maybe that is their reasoning? What happens if they have more kids? Will they allow AP kids to sign up as themselves?

We have 6 in our family though so it's odd that it says guest. Does that mean that only 2 of us will be able to go?

Also, I finally got the email.... on Saturday. I will be watching here and Facebook for the registration since I'm sure I would get the email after it was sold out.

If a Passholder #1 registers, responding to the email invite, and includes a Guest, Passholder #2, it seems like Passholder #2 also could register, and bring a Guest, Passholder #1.

So, each Passholder conceivably could attend the event more than once - first as the Passholder who registered and the next time as the Guest who was invited by the registered Passholder.

Sorry if this gave anyone a headache! :)

BTW, I never receive AP emails, though I never have any issues with confirmations for resorts and ADRs. I have reported this in person, as well on the phone, but nothing has worked to correct the issue. To those who received the email, what address did it come from?

Last edited:
Uhhh, it figures. We let our APs expire and we’re going to upgrade our hoppers on our FD package while there in September to APs. So we won’t be able to book in advance because we won’t technically be AP holders. I guess my hope is to get In To the DVC event........

We have 6 in our family though so it's odd that it says guest. Does that mean that only 2 of us will be able to go?

Also, I finally got the email.... on Saturday. I will be watching here and Facebook for the registration since I'm sure I would get the email after it was sold out.
No as long as all 6 of you are AP you should be able to all register (assuming there is availability). It appears based on the wording on the website that you would only be able to register 2 people max at a time. So you’d have to register 3 times using 3 different passholders info and selecting an AP guest for each of them. If you don’t all have AP then I wouldn’t expect to be all able to go. The website makes it clear it is only for AP but they will allow you to book for you and another AP at the same time.

Passholder Play Time*

It mentions about the guest in the info. Screenshot of it was posted a page or so ago

It mentions about the guest in the info. Screenshot of it was posted a page or so ago
Actually the email made no mention of guests at all. I have the email. Where it mentions a guest is through the WDW web site.
And not sure if anyone else experienced this, But as soon as I got the email I clicked on it and went right to the site. and I did not see the section regarding the guest needing an AP too. It simply stated “and guest”! Then shortly after, when I went back to it, I got the infamous Stitch. Closed the page and reloaded it. Then it had the section about the guest needing an AP too. I think it was added shortly after they sent the email. But I have no proof, so call me crazy! Haha!

Honestly, it doesnt seem fair to me that I can't bring another guest who isnt an AP. I get that they would have to have a valid ticket but another AP? Im the only one in my family with an AP so that will count me out from going in September now when I fully would have gone down just for the preview to bring my Mom

Honestly, it doesnt seem fair to me that I can't bring another guest who isnt an AP. I get that they would have to have a valid ticket but another AP? Im the only one in my family with an AP so that will count me out from going in September now when I fully would have gone down just for the preview to bring my Mom
Pretty sure the Pandora event was the same. All guest had to also be AP holders. Any others remember the same?

Pretty sure the Pandora event was the same. All guest had to also be AP holders. Any others remember the same?
Correct.

Actually the email made no mention of guests at all. I have the email. Where it mentions a guest is through the WDW web site.
And not sure if anyone else experienced this, But as soon as I got the email I clicked on it and went right to the site. and I did not see the section regarding the guest needing an AP too. It simply stated “and guest”! Then shortly after, when I went back to it, I got the infamous Stitch. Closed the page and reloaded it. Then it had the section about the guest needing an AP too. I think it was added shortly after they sent the email. But I have no proof, so call me crazy! Haha!
I guess but seeing how the Pandora event required AP for both invitee and guest I knew from the start both had to have AP for this one too.

Now I don't begin to understand their reasoning for it, other than, for Pandora, you had to have an AP to enter, period. So I guess that's why even the guest the AP brings has to have one too. It's also a way to keep the crowd numbers down. If they let every AP holder they invite bring anyone it would probably get way too crowded. Then we'd hear nothing but complaints about how they allowed too many guests in and it was so crowded you couldn't move or ride anything.

If they let every AP holder they invite bring anyone it would probably get way too crowded. Then we'd hear nothing but complaints about how they allowed too many guests in and it was so crowded you couldn't move or ride anything.

The fact that these are limited-capacity events should mitigate that. Not to mention that "too crowded" is pretty subjective and some people will complain no matter what, anyway.

Anyhoo, just hoping sign-ups start soon! Should make my FP planning for my September trip easier if I can get a spot.

I have no issue with them requiring all attendees be AP holders. Its an AP only event. Just like Pandora was.
The big difference is that the Pandora was a PRE-view. This is ..... I guess you'd call a.... POST-view. It's taking place 3 months AFTER the official opening.
I think that's why alot of people don't agree with it.
Kinda like going to see a movie a month after it premiers and after all your friends have already seen it!

The big difference is that the Pandora was a PRE-view. This is ..... I guess you'd call a.... POST-view. It's taking place 3 months AFTER the official opening.
I think that's why alot of people don't agree with it.
Kinda like going to see a movie a month after it premiers and after all your friends have already seen it!
Still going to be a limited capacity event, no matter when it's held. Lower crowds are lower crowds. Shorter lines are shorter lines. So what if they are 3 months later? A closed event in the land still sounds like fun to me. Even if it isn't going to be the first time I've been in the land.

The fact that these are limited-capacity events should mitigate that. Not to mention that "too crowded" is pretty subjective and some people will complain no matter what, anyway.

Anyhoo, just hoping sign-ups start soon! Should make my FP planning for my September trip easier if I can get a spot.
Boy you got that right. They can not win in the eyes of some, that's for certain. There's always going to be someone, somewhere that will find something worthy of complaining about. And in many ways, they deserve the complaints. I am not going to argue about that. I just choose to try and focus on the positive and try to put the negative things in the back ground. Otherwise, I'd just never enjoy myself. And heavens, why on earth would you want to go to Disney and NOT enjoy it?

Still going to be a limited capacity event, no matter when it's held. Lower crowds are lower crowds. Shorter lines are shorter lines. So what if they are 3 months later? A closed event in the land still sounds like fun to me. Even if it isn't going to be the first time I've been in the land.

Boy you got that right. They can not win in the eyes of some, that's for certain. There's always going to be someone, somewhere that will find something worthy of complaining about. And in many ways, they deserve the complaints. I am not going to argue about that. I just choose to try and focus on the positive and try to put the negative things in the back ground. Otherwise, I'd just never enjoy myself. And heavens, why on earth would you want to go to Disney and NOT enjoy it?

Amen x 2!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter