Treadmill Nirvana and other ramblings

Hi Sunny...

Congratulations on the marathon!!! :cool1: :cool1: I enjoyed reading your journey and even shed a few tears when you reached the end. Aren't you so amazed on how far you've come since you first joined WISH?? I'm so proud of you :flower: You're pictures were also great and hope to see more posted later.

Good luck with those 6 pounds... I'm sure you'll have those off in no time.

Hey Sunny,

I re-read your entire journal yesterday. What a great accomplishment....finishing the Disney Marathon, I know you mentioned in one of your previous posts that you had read a book to get yourself into gear training - what book was that? I would love to read it too!

Although, I don't know that I will be able to ever to do that marathon - I have Asthma....any advice?

Thanks,

Jodi

Hi Jodi,

THanks so much! I didn't end up following a specific plan, but the one that most WISHers seem to follow and LOVE is Marathoning For Mortals. I don't know anything about the asthma issue but I do know there are runners at my gym with asthma. Good luck!

Sunny

plutosmyfav said:
I don't know anything about the asthma issue but I do know there are runners at my gym with asthma. Good luck!

Sunny

Well, at least that gives me hope that there are runners with asthma :goodvibes . Although, I don't have a severe case which is always good too!

I need to get serious again. I have been complacent about my weight. As much as I still want to lose more, it seems I don't have a concrete goal in mind and I just drift... I have been fortunate to not gain considering how I've been eating. I am still a bit above goal, but lost most of the WDW trip weight. I haven't done my Feb LT WI yet. I'm part of the 'lose 5 for Feb' challenge, but I haven't been taking it seriously. Its time to get serious again. No more goofing off. I've enjoyed all the extra eating from training a bit too much. I've sort of adopted this attitude of entitlement about food. I've got to abandoned it NOW!

So my first concrete goal is to take the lose 5 for feb challenge seriously and get the next 3 pounds off by feb 28. That is perfectly doable. My long term goal is to get to 145 before the Applefest Half marathon in the beginning of Oct. That is a real challenge. I know almost all of my excess eating is night-time, tv snacking eating... There. I've confessed it. That's the first step! I can't make a "no eating after x pm" rule because my schedule is too sporadic. But I do know the difference between a late necessary meal and unnecessary snacking. I will start being more mindful and get it under control.

Sunny

Hey Sunny....

I think both of us have gotten to relaxed since making it to lifetime and I find myself having to start with the basics agains. Get your water in no matter what, don't go over your points (and maybe even cut them back a little), no eating after 7:00pm, etc. I was able to get my Feb WI in finally, but had to pay since I didn't do January (I was up anyways). I made Feb by just .9 ounces, so a little to close for my liking. I'd like to get 5 off for Feb too.

I know how determined you are and your probably one of the most hard working people I know. You'll get it off and get back in the groove again.

Hang in there :sunny:

Hi Sunny-
hang in there-i think you are doing an amazing job and i know youll be able to get those 3 pounds off ..At least there is not a gain!
Enjoy your weekend!

:goodvibes Hi Sunny-
Just wanted to let you know that im still thinking about you! Hope everything is going good for you--we miss you over here!!!

Hey Sunny!
It's been a while since you've posted in your journal, and I'm needing some of your inspiration! Come on girl!!! :teeth: :cheer2: :teeth: :cheer2: :teeth:

Thanks Lilo and Jen for keeping me from falling off the first page! :grouphug:

I have really been struggling to hold onto my LT weight. I have 3-5 good days then I go crazy with food. I'm really hoping Spring will help. I have to keep reminding myself that exercising does not give me a license to eat whatever I want.

Speaking of exercise. I ran a half marathon yesterday. It was Boston's Run to Remember. The theme is remembering police officers who have died in the line of duty. The proceeds to go programs for kids at risk. I wasn't overly impressed with the race. I enjoyed Applefest much more. But then again, Applefest was in Oct, one of the prettiest months in New England and this one was in March, the ugliest month in N.E.!

We are having a family fun run and 5K in my hometown in May. I'm going to prepare DS to run the FFR. Its a half mile. I hope he will love it and want to do more. I also hope to get DD back out wogging.

That's it for now :goodvibes

Sunny

Sunny-
I am glad you updated, i was wondering if you were doing okay :)
Congrats on running the half martathon yesterday--im proud of you!!

Have a great day!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter