Treadmill Nirvana and other ramblings

Glad to see you Sunny. Sorry you are struggling with the LT weight. I hope the Family Fun Run goes well and your ds likes it. It's fun to be able to do things as a family. Good luck!

Chris

Good morning!

Well guess what happens when you stop journalling and stop going to WW? You gain weight! Well, at least I do. I finally went in for my March WI and was over goal. I knew I was going to be. But it finally dawned on me that I was falling into one of the biggest trap WWers fall into: not going to meetings because I gained weight! How silly is that? But everyone does it. So I paid my fee and stayed for the meeting and I'm so glad I did. It was just the infusion of motivation and support that I needed. So I'm counting my points very carefully this week. I'm also going to WI differently now. I am going to wear heavy clothes and eat before going. I'm sick of playing games, not eating all day and wearing the absolutely lightest clothes I own and then gingerly stepping on the scale, holding my breath hoping to make it.

Spring is here (on the calendar at least) and I'm getting pscyhed for tank tops and shorts again. So these few pounds must go :moped:

One of the things the leader said that was really helpful was that we need to guard against perfectionism. She asked "who in here feels like he/she can follow the program perfectly for the rest of your life?" Many groans ensued. She followed it up by "then do the best you can for today, and lots of 'best you can do' days add up to a successful lifetime". I realized I had fallen into that trap. I got it in my head that I would never miss a LT WI at goal. That's perfectionism. I was avoiding WW not because I'd have to pay $12 but because I wanted a perfect record in my little book. Well, surprize, surprize I'm not perfect. I guess I'll just have to keep learining this one over and over! ;)

Sunny

im not perfect either--no wonder we get along :)
i like what the leader said..it makes sense completely!
you can do it!!! we miss ya on the journals, come back when you can!

Hey Sunny!!

Congratulations on running yet another marathon :thumbsup2

I can totally relate with what your leader said. I think a lot of new lifetimers think we can stay perfect and never go over our goal weight, I know I did. The bad habits sneak up on you and before you know it, your 2, 4 or even 6 pounds over and then you don't want to go to a meeting because you feel like you've failed and then you gain more weight and so on.

I like the new attitude your taking with your weighing in and hope you can inspire, like you always do, the rest of us :goodvibes

:wave: Hi Sunny! I know life is crazy for you now! Sure hope you're feeling better ((HUGS)). You know that both you and Cam are such big inspirations for me in my marathon journey! Just wanted to let you know that your journal has helped me focus on my goals and continues to inspire me! :goodvibes

And remember that Spring is almost here....warmer weather :sunny: means that naturally your body will be more inclined to drop any extra winter weight. I know you won't have any problem dropping those extra pounds once the cold-weather disappears!

Hey, Sunny! I've been reading your journal regularly for inspiration - I'm a WW who struggles constantly.

Hope you're having a great week!

Your running is AWESOME!!

Wow it's been a long time since I've posted :sad2:

I'm forcing myself to post now, even though it won't be a very positive post :sad2:

I have had a really bad ~6weeks. First I was sick with a cold that wouldn't go away for 2 weeks, then it turned into pneumonia. Then I was put on Levaquin and experienced its "rare and serious side-effects" of depression and risk of tendon and joint injury. I have severe tendenitis in my left elbow and a herniated disc. The dr agrees the tend. probably came from th Levaquin but since the h.d. hasn't been reported as a side-effect he thinks that was caused by the severe coughing during the p. Either way, I have been unable to workout for a long time.

Hence the next bad news, my weight. I am currently 12 lbs over my WW goal (which makes me 27 lbs over my personal goal :furious: ). This month is my one year anniversary of making WW goal. I'm very disappointed with myself. But at least I am still wearing size 10s (I had gotten down to 6/8's in december).

OK, enough bad news and confession. Today is a new day :sunny: :sunny: :sunny: Today is DS's b-day party at the Y. I hope it goes well. He is bouncing of the walls (literally). WISH us luck ;)

Sunny

Hey Sunny...

It's been a long time since we've chatted. I'm sorry you've been having such a hard time. It's hard being sick and then trying to manage your weight. At least you have a reason to be up, I've just haven't been good about my food and working out and I'm still up almost 5 pounds above my goal. I've been up so long, I didin't weigh-in March, April or May :guilty:

I hope your feeling better now and you'll be able to get back into your work out schedule. I know it's gotta be killing you not being able to run.

Has it been a year already for being at goal?? Wow, I can't believe how quickly the year has gone by.

Hang in there... once you get back to your workouts, that weight will come right back off.

Sunny! i have missed you!!

I am sorry you have been sick--i was wondering where you have been.

today IS a new day and you are still doing great, fitting in the 10s! hang in there my friend, you will be fine!

Hi Jen and Tera, I can always count on you to stop by :grouphug:

I'm feeling better every day. I drove today for the first time in 10 days. I drove straight to the Y and swam and did the elliptical, and even 1.25 miles on the TM. So far so good (pain wise). If I wake up feeling ok, then I'll try it again on Thursday.

DS's party was great. I was so proud of DS. He waited patiently until 3PM (party start) with no melt-downs or demands. He was a perfect gentleman and thanked all his guests and their parents. The kids were all great. I had 13. One child got a pretty bad bump on the head, which was sad but he rallied and his mom wasn't mad (TG). Here's a couple of pics. DS is the one in the LIME green shirt ;)

I decorated the cake myself :teeth: DS has been DYING for Cars to come out so I did my best to give him a Cars cake. Unfortunately, the food color ran bled out of the frosting a bit but he was thrilled.

I included the last two pictures to show you the sorry state I'm in. :confused3 :confused3 :confused3 :furious: Remember how I used to show off my arms :sad2: :sad2: :sad2: There's not one line of definition left. Not to mention the extra 12 lbs I'm sporting. (I'm the one in the shorts!) But, like you said, Jen, they are size 10 shorts!!!!!

Sunny

bday1.jpg

bday2.jpg

bday3.jpg

bday4.jpg

bday5.jpg

:hug: Sunny,

It's good to hear from you, Sunny! :goodvibes I'm sorry to hear that you have been so sick. :( I hope that you are feeling much better as each day goes by....

As for your weight... Sunny, I know that it will come right off! Once you get back to your workouts, those pounds will just melt off! I know you CAN do it, Sunny! :cheer2:

Did you say that you made that cake for your DS's birthday? You did a great job on it, Sunny! :thumbsup2

Keep on keeping on, Sunny! Your WISH friends are cheering you on to VICTORY! :cheer2: Have a great Wednesday! :sunny:

Hey Sunny...

Thanks for sharing the pictures of your DS's birthday party... he looked like he had a great time. You look great too. If you don't think so, pull out those pictures of yourself BEFORE you lost all that weight and see how far you've come. Yes your up a few pounds, but your aware of it and I think that's the first thing to get it back off. Your slowly getting back to working out and pretty soon, you'll be at 100% and those pounds will come right off.

Great job on that cake too!! :thumbsup2 I took a cake decorating class a few years ago and thought I would pursue that full-time, but that never happened. I do make a cake from time to time though.

Keep up the exercising and drink your water!! :thumbsup2

i LOVE the cake! thanks for sharing the pictures!!

Dont worr yabout the weight, it will come right back off! hang in there!!

Hey girl! I'm back! Looks like I picked a good time too!

Ok, so are you feeling a bit better these days? Sounds like you had a bad go of it for a while there. Glad to hear that you were able to work out a bit the other day.

Well, I have to tell you (and I've posted this in my journal)...maintenance is WAY harder than loosing! Once you are at or near your "goal," it seems that I start to make excuses for messing up or not exercising - basically, giving myself permission to mess up. Also, the support system seems to break down a bit too. I complained about this alot in my head and in my journaling - here and paper.

Sounds like you found the same thing, huh? With WW you do have that support system. I am lifetime too, but haven't been in years because of the $12 re-start-up fee. Plus, it's just a townie event here - I am so NOT into that! LOL

Well, journal soon my friend. I'm going to journal at least once a week and try for daily - but you know how that goes.... Now, off to my journal to "catch up" - UGH!

Happy Friday! ;)

Glad you're feeling a bit better, Sunny!

Your pics are GREAT!! And the cake, GREAT JOB!!

You'll be back at goal soon, I'm sure, you're strong and determined.

Have a great rest of the weekend and a good week next week!

Thanks everyone!

I'm at least back to work today and yesterday. They got me one of those ergo chairs that is moderatlely comfortable, but I still stand mostly. I went to see my new pcp or gatekeeper as it goes with HMOs. I am waiting for an apt with a neuro surgeon. PD and prayers that I get in soon and they fix me!!!!

Sunny

My eating has been in control for a few days now. Except for last night. I let my percocet run out because I didn't think it was really helping anyway. Last night the pain kept waking me up so what did I do? Go through the agonizing process of getting out of bed and headed straight for the kitchen. There's no good snack food to eat (on purpose), eating isn't enjoyable since I have to do it standing up, and yet 3 times I got up and ate. Grrrrr. :furious:

I've got a call into my dr hoping to get more meds today.

I took DS to the town wading pool last night. I am driving again even though its kind of dangerous becasue I can't look over my shoulders. But he had a blast and I was able to float while anchoring myself with my arms and it was totally pain-free and relaxing. It was my first trip out of the house to do a summer-type activity this year. There was no way I was going to let the Solstice go by without me having started summer in some fashion.

Back to food. I am finding it sooooooo hard to eat the measily little points I'm allowed without earning APs. I feel truly hungry all the time, but I know I'm not (and the scale confirms that). Which is another silly thing; you wouldn't believe how painful it is to weight myself (lookdown at the scale) and yet I do it every morning anyway.

I have gained a new understanding and compassion for the elderly and people with handicaps. It is so hard to want to do things and not be able to, and to want to go places and have to wait for others to take you. Not to mention constantly feeling like a burden.

I'm also still hoping I can do my mother/daughter 5K on July 9th. Its the Ryka Irongirl series where the mission statement is to get girls to focus on having strong bodies instead of obsession over a number on the scale.

DD has been going to the Y :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc Now that she has her license and can drive herself she goes quite a bit. We went together a couple of days ago. I walked on the TM while she wogged (that was so hard to do, I wanted to run!) and I made her sign up for the FitLynx and get set up on the machines. She wanted me to show her how to use them because she is shy, but I knew she was much better off having the staff set her up properly. She got a really cute buff trainer, too ;) I think she was dying a million deaths but now she's happy to have her account and know what to do.

She was so funny though, she carefully worded her concern: she didn't want to end up with great big muscles like me! :rotfl2: :lmao: I assured her that wouldn't happen. Even if she got crazy with it, I don't think her physique would ever grow big muscles. I wasn't offended in the least! Unfortunately, I don't actually have big muscles right, now, just big flabby arms :sad2:

Sunny

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter