Trial Club Level Fastpass+ Purchase Program Planning & Discussion

I have had two experiences. The first year I had everything planned out on paper, day by day and sat on the phone WHILE the CM booked everything. Took a while. This year, I had everything planned out on paper again and just listed it off to the CM and she called me back when it was all done. No plan B needed either time!
Thank you for your response!
Have you gotten your exact schedule both times?
We are traveling Jan. 1-4 and I was wondering if I will need to adjust times or have a back up plan due to the busy week we are going.

We are traveling Jan. 1-4 and I was wondering if I will need to adjust times or have a back up plan due to the busy week we are going.

Assuming you’re booking at your 90 day from check-out mark, you are booking before 99.9% of the guest population - you should have your pick of anything and everything. The # of eligible guests in this program (and the even smaller number who book it) are quite tiny relative to the supply of FPs.

From time to time some guests may experience a requested time not being available, but usually they can book 5-15 mins nearby. In theory everything should be available at all times, but for whatever reason sometimes that exact time you planned may not show up in MDX. I had that happen for a few of my regular FPs and just refreshed them a few times later to nudge them to the time I wanted.

Your week is definitely busier than mine. My week is Jersey Week/Veteran's Day Weekend and it is certainly busy. I have gotten 100% of the time I wanted for the past two years. I have my call at the exact 90 day mark in the morning.

Put my selections in an email with times and dates, marking which I want to be CLFP. Sent it to DSS the day before my actual eligible date. Also included my phone number and reservation confirmation number. DSS actually called the same day that I sent the email (the day before eligibilty) to get my payment info. Then sent a confirmation email the next day for all my selections. Got exact times.

There was one glitch, the DSS person had got the correct fastpasses but for the wrong day (for one of my parks). Fixed that with a simple phone call a couple of days later and still got the exact times.

Definitely verify the CLFP and FP+ they make for you! But DSS is very helpful and easy to deal with.

I have one day in Epcot, so I'm trying to figure out what to even use 6 FPs for in Epcot once I knock out Test Track, FEA, and Soarin'. My group does not like Mission Space, what else would even need a FP?

Sometimes Spaceship Earth gets backed up depending on if you are going at a busy time.
Also, I’ve seen Livin’ with the Land with a decent
wait, again depends on travel dates. I’d suggest Character Spot but since they have moved I don’t think they are accepting FP+. Epcot Forever will be a new nighttime show. I do not know if they have FP+ (Illuminations did), but generally there are open places to watch around World Showcase.
We are only doing a half day at Epcot with our CLFP day(s), so it’s easier to pick out 3.

I made a spreadsheet. I highlighted my regular fastpasses in yellow and the paid ones in green. I emailed dss the list and asked to call me when they were done. That worked great!

I emailed the day before my 90 day mark and the next day they went over everything took payment. Easy peasy!
This is what I did as well. They thanked me for being so organized and probably laughed at me when I wasn't on the phone. LOL Don't care, worked perfectly, got everything I wanted.

just a quick note for some. You don’t need to book 90 days out. On my upcoming trip I booked 70ish days out and got everything I wanted at the times I wanted. I think u start to loose time slots at around 67 days?

Put my selections in an email with times and dates, marking which I want to be CLFP. Sent it to DSS the day before my actual eligible date. Also included my phone number and reservation confirmation number. DSS actually called the same day that I sent the email (the day before eligibilty) to get my payment info. Then sent a confirmation email the next day for all my selections. Got exact times.

There was one glitch, the DSS person had got the correct fastpasses but for the wrong day (for one of my parks). Fixed that with a simple phone call a couple of days later and still got the exact times.

Definitely verify the CLFP and FP+ they make for you! But DSS is very helpful and easy to deal with.
What is the email address you sent your email to? We're from Australia, will they call us too, even though we're overseas?

just a quick note for some. You don’t need to book 90 days out. On my upcoming trip I booked 70ish days out and got everything I wanted at the times I wanted. I think u start to loose time slots at around 67 days?

Just a small caveat that you do start to overlap with regular guest FP booking as you get closer to your date depending on the specific circumstances.

The CLFP program can first be booked 90 days from your check-out date. Regular guests book their FPs 60 days from their check-in date. A regular guest can generally book 14 days of FPs, so a guest with a two week onsite reservation can book days 60 - 74 days out. Granted there aren’t that many people with stays that long, but some do.

But ultimately I agree with you - there’s no need to book right at 90 days from your check-out date as you have 2’ish weeks of flexibility there before you start overlapping enough to really impact FP availability, and even then you’d still be in a decent spot.

I wasn't sure what you meant by tireless FP, but then I think I figured out, it's probably a typo and you meant tier less FP.
Since you can't duplicate rides, this is really only an issue at DHS, since their are 5 tier 1 rides and with CLFP+FP+ you max out at 4 tier 1 FastPass'.. I just left AS2 off the fastpass list, that shouldn't be too bad stand-by.

I booked my CLFPs a couple of days ago, we are staying 12/8 to 12/15. I did CLFP at all 4 parks. I just don't like dealing with any lines if I don't have to :)

The crowd calendars I have seen show MK ranging from 2 to 9 (9 was on Saturday 12/14), The MVMCP days are the lowest between 2 and 4.
Yes, I indeed meant tierless - sorry! Yes, the only park that really is impacted by this (for now) is DHS. I imagine when Guardians opens this will be be an issue at EPCOT as well. I also imagine MMRR is going to be another tier one at DHS. I just think for the money we pay, we shouldn't have to worry about tiers.

Help me to make sure I understand this correctly...
Of our 6 total FP+, are we allowed to book the same ride twice if one is a regular FP+ and one is a CLFP+.
If not, are we permitted to modify a reg. FP+ after we book to potentially obtain a second FP+ for a particular ride?
Thanks so much!

Help me to make sure I understand this correctly...
Of our 6 total FP+, are we allowed to book the same ride twice if one is a regular FP+ and one is a CLFP+.
If not, are we permitted to modify a reg. FP+ after we book to potentially obtain a second FP+ for a particular ride?
Thanks so much!
You are technically not allowed to hold both a regular FP and a CLFP for the same ride. However, some people have successfully done this while others have had their FPs cancelled once they have scanned in for the first ride of the day. We did this successfully at three different parks last November. This upcoming trip, I am too scared to attempt it.

You are technically not allowed to hold both a regular FP and a CLFP for the same ride. However, some people have successfully done this while others have had their FPs cancelled once they have scanned in for the first ride of the day. We did this successfully at three different parks last November. This upcoming trip, I am too scared to attempt it.
Ok, thank you for clarifying!
I’m certainly not doing it if not permitted, but I had read on the Fast Pass FAQ Addendum thread under the CLFP section that you could do it. That’s why I was confused.

Did our CL FP selections today. I had all my days/times/attraction selections lined up and ready to go when I called. I was on the phone with the DSS CM maybe ten minutes and within 5-10 minutes of hanging up I had an email confirming all my selections and they were on MDE. I hate having to schedule everything and I really hope some day that changes but the process could not have been faster or more efficiently handled.

Did our CL FP selections today. I had all my days/times/attraction selections lined up and ready to go when I called. I was on the phone with the DSS CM maybe ten minutes and within 5-10 minutes of hanging up I had an email confirming all my selections and they were on MDE. I hate having to schedule everything and I really hope some day that changes but the process could not have been faster or more efficiently handled.
Congrats!!! We are on the countdown... glad you had a good experience!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter