• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Trial Run for Dogs in Resort Rooms

Do you think dogs should be allowed in guests' rooms?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
So someone in the thread posted dogs aren't allowed in "public areas" - ***???????? How do they get from the car to the guest room? Teleportation?

Absolutely FUMING at this new policy and on hold with Guest Services right now. We are at YC in 3 weeks' time and if dogs that are not service dogs are anywhere near me or my family I will be so angry.

Sadly No one at WDW will notice or care if you're angry....they will only notice if you complain about it. If they have to be bothered with dealing with dog issues all day every day, then they will notice and then they MIGHT care. In short, do not suffer silently.

Yes that's true. We also saw plenty of dog poo where it shouldn't have been and dogs where they shouldn't be (at the beach is the place I remember seeing them).

And I hate that this rules out the Fort for some, it really is a unique resort.

I couldn't agree more about the Fort- that's been our go to for several years. Decorating for holidays, driving around looking at said decorations, all the kids' so excited- a whole different inclusive atmosphere!!

I can't recall if it was a rattler of maybe a water moccasin but there was a child bit by a venomous snake on Disney property a few years ago. But snakes in general are pretty prevalent. For people who aren't from the area and don't understand that I can imagine their shock should their pup come across one and end up bitten.

I've seen snakes, but I've never personally had an issue. I've lived in Florida for 13 years, so I know what areas to avoid.:-) People that aren't from Florida need to be extra wary of their surroundings.

Well, well, what do you know... my email to Corporate actually got a response! From an actual human being! Who has given me their phone number! And wants me to call them back...

I wasn't really prepared for them to answer me and want to chat about this so quickly! I figured I would get an ignored, canned response like everyone else.

Hmmmm... what to say, what to do... it's hard to make any definitive statements about our upcoming trip because we haven't booked anything, it's all dreaming at this stage. :(

But wow! I guess I used some very descriptive language to get their attention within 24 hours.
Let us know what happens!

pluto:pluto:pluto:This is OT so woof woof- when does one earn their ears and when will I be able to add a signature.. thank you for your time and attention.. woof woof

Haven't you heard about the new doggie gondola system going in? They will be transported overhead so those on the ground never even have to see them. :rolleyes:

:rotfl2:

OMG, that is too funny!!! Glad I didn't have coffee in my mouth.. doggie gondola system.. what a concept!!

To be fair to all, it is a DOG MOUSE DUCK (and ghost) Gondola system.

Image_WDW_Disney-Skyliner-2.jpg

Unfortunately you will most likely get the same pre-typed response everyone is getting with only your name different. We were just discussing this on a Facebook page. We all got the same email back.

That may be true but I think that as long as they are still getting those emails, they cannot pretend that this experiment is being well received.

And thats crazy with all the marvel and star wars movies coming out. But I dont know too much about stocks honestly.

Sadly it's likely due to the Weinstein issue, and the lawsuits it will bring to Disney. :sad2: The issues are growing daily.

Not anything to do with parks and dogs.

No one said you have to be with someone's dog on "your" vacation.

I'm glad you will put your dogs in a kennel and not bring them with you because you don't want to go back and take care of your dogs while enjoying your vacation. This is the point I've been trying to make. Only the pet owners who actually want to be there for the dog will take them with them on vacation. It's not going to be the family who only wants to be out and about all day all night long.

Fine. Go on vacation with your dog SOMEWHERE ELSE. Why would you take to a place where you know that the majority of the people you encounter are going to be very unhappy to see your animal there with you?

And thats crazy with all the marvel and star wars movies coming out. But I dont know too much about stocks honestly.

We have a pretty good amount of Disney stock and it can go up and down based on many factors. MAYBE the new trial policy is a factor BUT it can also be due to the hurricanes or normal sell off from investors etc.

FWIW...I did send a note to Disney as a stockholder letting them know I like doing the new policy AND wanted them to be sure and enforce the rules as many would be there to capture any little enfraction. Also told them they could have allowed more time for implementation.

We love our dog and travel using Pet Friendly hotels .We are with her most of the time .
However , at WDW , leaving her in a resort room by herself while at the parks , is a horrible idea.
Unfair to her and all guests around us.
Bad idea Disney ! More income with no logic !
Hope it fails ASAP.

Thank you for your honest and sympathetic reply. I wish there were more like you (especially in the Disney boardroom :rolleyes2).

I truly hate it about all of the 4 resorts, not just FW. I will still visit the Fort, in my travel trailer, but I will also avoid the dog-friendly resorts. Fortunately that is easy for us as a family of 3 (not so easy for others) and none of those are favorites anyway. I know how we feel about our favorites and the memories we have there so I understand how disappointing it could be for those who can no longer safely or comfortably stay at their favorites. Not only that but how limited choices may be for certain family sizes and budgets. My family and I don't have animal allergies or fears, but I do have a very strong aversion to fleas, worms and diseases.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter