Trick or Treat & Eat Some Sweets! Oct 2018 TR - LInk to new TR 5/17/19!

Your Epic trip plans sound amazing!! I would love to be part of a trip like that someday. The 4 park VIP tour sounds especially fabulous - do you have to have a large group to book that, or is it open to individuals / families? Hope you have a magical vacation :tinker:

Deleted - multiple posts

Sorry, don't know what I did, but my single post just multiplied out of control!

Whispering Canyon does sound a little crazy! Glad the food was good!

Sounds like a good time at MK doing the shows! And the Jack Sparrow doll is too cute.

The koozies are a cute prize!

Yikes sounds like Epcot was a nightmare!

Great pic of Gus Gus on the safari! All your safari photos came out great!

Sounds like it was a great family trip and I enjoyed reading about it!

Have a great time on your upcoming trip! I look forward to reading everyone's TRs about this epic meetup trip! The plans sound awesome :)

Epcot sounds pretty awful that night :( Glad that was at the end of your trip at least!

Love those baby animal pics from your safari ride. Too cute, especially that little Gus Gus.

Back to the room for an early night’s sleep to prepare myself for the upcoming epicness (yep, I made up a word there).
LOL I love that you said 'epicness'...I have been using that word whenever I talk about this trip!!! :)

My roommate for the trip is Jackie (@missjackiemcg here on the DIS) and she arrives late that evening, her flight lands around 9 pm so it will be 10-10:30 before she makes it to the room.
I CAN'T wait to get there!!! I wish I had time to squeeze some fun in that night, but shopping at Everything Pop will have to suffice I guess :)

First stop will be drinks at Trader Sam’s.
Can't wait for this!!!! I'm SO looking forward to it because the wait is always too long.

Jackie and I are starting at AK and then I think splitting up. This is her birthday and she wants to do all 4 parks in one day but may have changed her plans since we are doing four parks on a different day now.
I am still so torn about what to do!!! I think I might just see where the day takes me after AK, and not worry too much about getting in all 4 parks since we'll have done that already on 5/2. I kind of like the idea of spending my birthday wandering :)

See you IN TWO DAYS!!!!!!! :)

Why it was none other than Jack Sparrow.

Once again Linda Rick signed him for me.
Yay! This is so awesome :thumbsup2

I was really excited to see just how silly we looked in the ride photo but unfortunately it never showed up in our account.
Darn! It would have been comical, no doubt :laughing:

IMG_8604-L.jpg
So pretty :goodvibes

but we did finally manage to spot the baby hippo, Gus Gus!
Awww how cute!

For dessert, I got the chocolate cake which is one of my new favorite desserts.
Yum, this is a favorite of mine, too ::yes::

It's amazing how many miles we actually log at Disney, isn't it?!

And finally, remember that Storm Trooper toy I bought for the dogs? It ended up lasting all of 10 minutes. I won’t be buying that kind of toy for them again!
I guess not! :laughing:

Have a wonderful time on your EPIC trip! Can't wait to hear all about it. There will be SO MANY TRs!

Loved your trip report, I've got to a point on the DIS now where if I get some down time I look forward to reading people's reports and it brings my vacation further forward.

I'm exactly the same as you with regards to mushrooms, they can go someplace else aha, the burgers at Whispering Canyon looked yummy and I can't wait to try the Wonton dessert at Y&Y!

All caught up, Dearie! :) It was so great to meet and hang out with you!

Our waiter was beyond strange though. He immediately started telling us about all of his rescue dogs and trying to get us to adopt one even though we told him we had dogs and lived out of state. We also had a different waiter sit down at our table for like 10 minutes and chat with us while totally ignoring his actual tables.

Okay, that's just... weird. :confused3

There was one more ride that John really wanted to go on and that was the train. So we hopped on in Fronterland and rode around to the Main Street Station to end our day at MK.

I was kinda sad to see it just... there. :(

It was almost lunch time when we exited the safari so we trekked back to Pandora to give Satuli Canteen a try. I had dessert there back in August but had not tried any of the regular dishes. I decided to try the bowl that had both chicken and beef and picked the potato base with no sauce.

It's my new favorite place to eat CS! I LOVED my salad on our VIP day!

Looking forward to reading all about our EPIC trip from your perspective!

Last edited:
Okay, I have been back on the disboards for a bit now, and I have finally gotten through this TR. I am now waiting to save a seat in your new TR....

Was a little busy, but I finally came in to finish this one up!
So what was this newly released doll that I had to have? Why it was none other than Jack Sparrow.

So cute!

They didn’t have plastic cups anymore, just drink koozies. Jocelyn got a Mickey and Minnie one and I got this Ratatouille one.

I actually like the koozies more - the plastic cups would probably get wrecked in my house. And Remy is adorable!

I traded for two pins that day, both of them off of the board at WL.

I like the Marie one! I have a couple in that set - Oliver and Figaro, maybe the Siamese cats?

The animals weren’t as active as our first safari earlier that week but we did finally manage to spot the baby hippo, Gus Gus!

Such a cutie!

When I click the link, it says it's blocked?? I'll look in the TR list and see if I can find it there. :)
Yes, it's a link to a ticker, actually.
But the good link is just below it in her siggie.

We've had fun on our trips to Gatorland, but it's definitely not a full day park for us. Several hours is good if you want to catch a couple of shows, but it's not a huge place, so you can definitely get it all in within a pretty short amount of time. Unless you care to add on ziplining....it looks fun, but I'm not thinking I'd like to zipline over alligators. No, thank you!

I'm thinking we may try to fit this in next time we do a Universal trip. Not sure when that will be but hopefully next year sometime. I actually want to do the zipline but I'm not sure what Jim will think of that!

I am really excited we will be at Universal in December! My #1 thing to do will be the new ride!!

I can't wait for the new ride! I've seen some videos now and it looks awesome.

Six Flags Great America has a ride sort of like this that I used to love as a kid!! I was disappointed that the Legoland version of this ride was closed indefinitely before we visited last summer. Good to know there is one at Sea World in case I ever make it back there

I didn't realize the Legoland one closed. That was one of the few things I wanted to do that we didn't get too. I don't think we will go back to Legoland again, none of the rides were that thrilling and Jim was not impressed with the selection of Lego sets. He would rather visit the DS store.

That's so cool!! I'm glad she was able to sign your doll for you.

Sorry you didn't like Homecomin'. I always think Rob would love eating there when I read reviews about it, but the only thing I've been dying to try was the Moonshine Mash. I'm sad to hear it was sort of meh.

I was really disappointed by the Moonshine Mash. And now that I know a place at WDW that has much, much better Moonshine drinks :rolleyes1, I doubt I will ever get the Homecomin' version again.

We've had the same experience ever since the new bus depots opened at DS. It was a mess when they had the old bus stops on the Marketplace end, too, but we never waited the way we have had to most recently!

I've had mostly bad bus luck there too.

The rest of your Sea World day sounded great! Great pics of the whales in action!

I can't believe John passed on all those beautiful purses! :goodvibes

I'm sorry you didn't love Homecomin. It's rare to hear people not like it, but I totally get how you would be soured by it just from the heartburn alone! And to me, there is nothing worse than crappy mac & cheese!

Wow, how cool that you were able to get your precious moments doll signed! It's a cute one too :)

I've heard other people complain about the mac and cheese since I was there. I did like the chicken and would get that again but I will pass on the mac and cheese and Moonshine Mash if I ever go back.

What a great experience to have met Linda and for her to sign your Dumbo doll :goodvibes

Sorry to hear about Homecomin' - it's not high on my list of places to try, and this kinda solidified that :laughing:

I doubt I will be back any time soon. There are so many other places at DS that I want to try.

I love the Precious Moments dolls! In November, I bought my grandmother the Fall edition of Tinkerbell. She's 90 and collects dolls. So cool you met the designer.

So sweet that your grandmother collects dolls! I started out with just the Pluto one but they are starting to become a bit of an obsession for me now. :rotfl2:

I am really surprised by your take on Homecomin' although you are from the south so I have heard form others who live in the south that they weren't impressed by the chicken and what not. Coming from the midwest I loved it all and have been back multiple times because of it.

The chicken was definitely the highlight of the meal but nothing special that I can't get around Atlanta. The rest of the meal was what ended up souring the experience for me.

Well that's disappointing that you have to pay for it now. I did go on it but it was back in 2013 and I'm pretty sure it was included with the park ticket back then. I can't see me paying extra for it. I remember almost nothing about the view from the top, which probably means it was that impressive.

We were disappointed when we found that out too. I think it was like $6 a person and we just didn't feel that was worth it. I would have definitely done it though if it was part of the regular park ticket.

I liked how they were trying to tell a bit of a story instead of just going straight into the aquarium. But I remember that ride being the most intense simulator ride I had done in Orlando. Maybe overtaken since by Transformers at Universal. But still pretty rough.

I'm Sure glad we didn't ride it then! I hated Transformers at Universal, way too rough for me and my brain could not process the 3D fast enough for me to even follow what was going on. The weird thing though was that I loved Spiderman which is basically the same ride system. I think they just tried to do way too much with Transformers.

Nice! I like shirts from classic Disney attractions. It's something you could wear and most people would not realize it's a Disney shirt.

I love most of the classic attractions so I've been very happy with Disney lately since they've been making a lot of merchandise for those older attractions lately. I just ordered a Tiki Room rain coat a few days ago.

Sorry you didn't like it. Overall I found it good, although my chicken was salty, and I think I had some heartburn after too. The portions were huge though. My family should have split the meals. I would try it again on another trip just to see if there is a difference from my first visit.

I did like the chicken but the rest of the meal was really blah. Not sure I'll be back again soon because there are too many other DS restaurants I want to try.

Go to the light, Ariana! Go to the light!!!!
oh.
Nevermind, then.

:rotfl2:

What? This is possible?

Apparently so but only at those "other" parks.

like that shot. feels like you're underwater, looking up.

It did feel that way in that room, it was very cool watching the fish swim above us.

So does it slowly rise while spiraling up the shaft?

Yep.

Sounds like fun. Also sounds like they'd need barf bags on the motion one.

They definitely would have needed them if I was on it!

pfffttt… skip it. There's five oceans. You'd think they'd know that.

:rotfl:

I wonder if that's because of the one who died a few years ago. They may not be allowed to now.

Okay... Googled a bit. Found this:

"OSHA came back with the decision that SeaWorld was obligated to protect their trainers from any known risk, and having them in the water with the ocean’s top predator was way too dangerous to ever have happen again."

I was going to say yes but then I saw you did the work for me.

I've often wondered about those tourists who sit there, unaware that they're about to get completely drenched...

I don't know how they are unaware, there are signs everywhere and the employees there were warning those that were sitting in that area.

Of course. You collect those too.

Of course. At least those don't take up too much room.

Never knew there was one. Not a soccer fan, so don't care that much, but... still.

I probably wouldn't have noticed if Jim wasn't a big fan. He found that store a few years ago and now he likes to stop in there every trip.

Interesting. Wonder why?

No idea, I've always liked the sidekicks for as long as I can remember. Maybe it's just my love for animals?

I am not laughing. That's deplorable and unacceptable. The adult should have immediately seen and taken steps.
I sure as heck know that I would have!!

Uh huh, I don't believe that you didn't at least chuckle a tiny bit.

Sounds interesting. Maybe if it's ordered "easy on the ice"?

That would probably be a good idea, there was definitely way too much ice in that glass.

Okay... I was going to ask. I have not heard good reviews of the mac n cheese, and was surprised that you changed to it.

I had read mixed reviews but I always like to form my own opinion.

Of course. You collect those too.

Just out of curiosity, is there anything you don't collect?

Hmmmmm, not that I can think of. :lmao:I've pretty much quit with the Vynals though, they've all but died out. I packed away the ones I had other than the Pluto ones and will probably sell them off someday.

I didn't know any of that! That is really very interesting! How could they not know...? I mean a lot of drivers even will do one or two in a couple of spare hours and if they don't know... can they just refuse?? I'm wondering a bit how that works... So I asked a friend who drives with them:

Here is his response:

"Hey Liesa! I was thinking about you the other day and wondering when you might be visiting your folks again. Yes that is correct and that assumption is correct. They don’t want drivers cherry picking. We only know where you’re going once we start the trip after you’re in the vehicle. One caveat: if the trip is going to take longer than 45 minutes we are given that information when the trip request initially hits our phone so we have the option to reject or ignore."

Thanks for that info, it really explains a lot. I found it so interesting to talk with him and learn about the Uber system.

Good to know! that's a LONG walk to get to most of the restaurants.

It is definitely a bit out of the way. Of course I'm sure Disney did that on purpose so people will use the Minnie Vans.

I've seen that exact photo on several TRs including my own. LOL!!!

I remember seeing that one in your TR!

So not acceptable on so many levels! I don't understand parents anymore.

Me neither! It's times like that when I'm happy that mine all have four paws and don't talk back (well at least not that I can understand).

I need to go back and read your update but you are correct, it WAS pirate themed pirate:

I thought that was what I remembered! I also seem to have vague memories of a detective show they did? We used to go quite often growing up when the Ohio park was open.

It's a very, very dangerous store lol

It certainly is! I'm really surprised I made it out of there this trip without buying one thing. I did order the Tiki Room rain coat this week though.

This is what I was thinking of getting in May but if it's small............hmm, I may have to rethink. Because then I'll need at least 3

So did you end up getting it? I will say that Jackie and I discovered a hidden gem for Moonshine drinks. We had one called Strawberry Lightning at Crockett's Tavern at FW and it was so much better and stronger than the Homecomin' one. They have a variety of moonshine drinks there.

OK so I for one agree with you. Steve and I ate there last year and I was totally excited for it and totally let down. I LOVED the fried green tomato app and then got a salad for my entree which may have been why I wasn't impressed. Steve got a fried chicken sandwich and thought it was just that; a fried chicken sandwich. But the mac n cheese was the biggest issue. After seeing so many pictures of it here and reading how delicious and creamy it was, ours was as dry as it could be. If we threw a single piece at someone's head it would hurt, that's how dry it was. Steve said he'll never bother going back but I'll take fried green tomatoes any time I can get them, and I had a beer that day and really want to try moonshine, so that's why I'm giving it another try with Billie and Sarah in May

So what did you think this time around? I need to find and catch up on your TR!

We sat in the Soak Zone once when I was a little kid! We got soooo wet my parents had to buy me a whole new outfit! (It was just me, my cousin, my dad, and my uncle; mom and my aunt stayed up higher in the stands)

That's pretty funny! I can see it though with as wet as the people got when we were there.

Howdy!
I am CAUGHT UP. What an adventure for sure! Surprised to see sea world! I didn't know you were going there! It's pretty cool! Do they even have the whales anymore?
Pictures are fantastic. your doing a great job there.
Meeting the maker of the dolls is really amazing experience!
Hope you do get to meet with her again!
staying caught up now....

Jim and I did Sea World back in 2015 and I didn't think I would go back for a while. But my brother really wanted to go during this trip. Yep, they still have the whales, the trainers just stay out of the water.

Apparently so but only at those "other" parks.

And no one goes to those.

It did feel that way in that room, it was very cool watching the fish swim above us.

I bet!

I was going to say yes but then I saw you did the work for me.

You're welcome.

I don't know how they are unaware, there are signs everywhere and the employees there were warning those that were sitting in that area.

I was thinking maybe foreign tourists who don't speak English?
Or... "We can sit here. It says splash zone, but that's probably them just being overly cautious."

I probably wouldn't have noticed if Jim wasn't a big fan. He found that store a few years ago and now he likes to stop in there every trip.

Like me and Harley stores.

Uh huh, I don't believe that you didn't at least chuckle a tiny bit.

Nope.
It's a bit of a peeve of mine. Parent your children, parents!
When my girls were little, I couldn't count the number of times when I'd take them to the park that I'd have to take care of other people's kids because their own parents were busy on their phones.

Hmmmmm, not that I can think of. :lmao:

:laughing:

I've pretty much quit with the Vynals though, they've all but died out. I packed away the ones I had other than the Pluto ones and will probably sell them off someday.

Oh! Didn't know that. They were so popular there for a while.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter