Trip Report, 9 nights, TDL, Tokyo & just a little Earthquake !! completed 9/22

OP here,

I have had a few folks inquire on the overall cost of the trip. So I thought that I would give you a run down on the numbers.

Airfare - we upgraded our seat - which was a huge plus and worth it for us. 5,200 for the both of us round trip.

Japan Wifi was - around 160.00 ish with insurance which I will strongly suggest...

One way private car service was 110.00

Monorail Pass - for a 4 day pass for both of us - 30.00 to 35.00

Hotels -

Hilton Tokyo Bay - up graded king room with park view including breakfast - we are Hilton honors so we used the pay for one night deal when booking deal. 1,500 total.

Cerulean Tower Shibuya - we booked through expedia and the rate was much better than booking direct. We went we Executive king room, with breakfast was included, it was 2,200 total.

Anniversary Dinner - course meal for the 2 of us with adult beverages... 300.00

Tokyo Disneyland tickets - We used Klook which was super easy, for both of us for 3 day tickets - 390.00 -
I really have no idea on what we spent on Food, snacks, beverages, cocktails, and souvenirs. This is something that everyone will have a different number to spend on.

Train Pass - for both of us - we started with 50.00 each, then added another 40.00 - this includes the train rides and some stuff out of the vending machine, and some other odds and ends - and we did use some of it in the 7-11 the night before we left for some chips, and snacks for the plane ride home the next day

Tour guide - it was 300.00 for a 8 hour tour - which he ended up staying with us around 10+ hours( there was no extra charge for the extra time), hotel pick up and drop off - then we did spend around another 200.00 - on treats at the fish market, and a sushi lunch. Which was our treat for Toshi-San, he did offer to pay for his own lunch we felt that since there was no tipping, this in our way was like the tip, plus he was the best tour guide we have ever used. So I do want to say that we have used other tour guides in other areas of the world and each are different, make sure to read the reviews and fine print on what if any additional cost would be.

Ueno Park - Ueno Zoo around 5.00 each - then we spent around 15.00 dollars on snacks and drinks. we did not get to go to the museums there we just ran out of time, so not sure on the cost.

Digital art museum - for both of us I think it was like 65.00 dollars.

Skytree - There are alot of options combo tickets, and if you want to go all the way to the top... I really don't know what we paid for the actual tickets, we did go to the top. We did grab a snack and drink around 15.00 dollars, and they have a picture area and the pictures of course had packages. so depending on what you want. We bought our tickets at Skytree.

Taxi rides - We did use a taxi a few times, moving hotels, return trip to the airport. Then once due to the rain plus we were just so tired, and once due to the time of our tickets. Around 300.00 total. Rides are about what you would see in any other big metro area.

We did of course spend alot on Meals, snacks, drinks, adult beverages, as well as souvenirs.. not sure what that number is... and even if I did I don't think I would tell on us... LOL

*So for us location location in Tokyo was super important, being close to a train station should be taken into consideration when looking for a hotel.

* Another thing to consider is time, how much time to get from point A to point B... when booking tickets - double check the distant if you are using trains look at how many stops which people get off and on so this takes up time. You do not want to miss your appointed time slots. Plus sometimes you completely have to change stations, so walking time.. The morning we went to the Digital art museum, we left the hotel at 9:00 ish, it took us an hour and half yep a full 90 minutes plus then we had to walk. While we did make it on time, we still were a bit stressed out. We had to change stations and then the whole trying to find the entrance to the other station and then walking. Google maps live... was our savior.

* Planning - have a plan, spend some time figuring out what you want to do, see, experience.

* Lastly for us - we want to breathe in everything, soak up every minute, be open, smile, laugh, follow the customs, be appreciative of the history and traditions. Be respectful as we are just guest in someone else's home country.

Not all who wander are lost - We wander to wonder...

I hope this helps out, with your planning your own trips.. 🙇‍♀️

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter