Troll's Trip Report

Never go camping in Florida in May, June, July, August, or September. Or October.

If you do, you're crazy.

Now I've been called crazy in a TR....and by a Troll no less.

I love camping at the Fort during any month. ESPECIALLY July. During July 4 to be exact. And I'm gunning for an October trip in 2011 to boot.

I suppose I am certifiable.

Oh well, I guess I'm in anyway. :upsidedow

Now I've been called crazy in a TR....and by a Troll no less.

I love camping at the Fort during any month. ESPECIALLY July. During July 4 to be exact. And I'm gunning for an October trip in 2011 to boot.

I suppose I am certifiable.

Oh well, I guess I'm in anyway. :upsidedow

What is that saying about the shoe??? :rotfl:

And I know that I am certainly certifiable! (but in a good way!)

I've lived in Florida for 34 of my 41 years, so I know intimately that November is one of the best months to go camping in Florida.

Never go camping in Florida in May, June, July, August, or September.

Or October.

If you do, you're crazy.

Well, hell, now I know what is wrong with me. I have lived in SOUTH Florida (yes, where they speak Spanish and all....) for 31 of my 40 years and I go camping in all those months. In fact, I went camping more on those months than the others! Hubby is building me the padded wall room as we speak.:cool2:

What is that saying about the shoe??? :rotfl:

And I know that I am certainly certifiable! (but in a good way!)

There was an old woman who lived in a shoe.... no that's not it.

If the shoe fits?

Shoe fly? ......oops that would be Shoo fly.

I'm hooked.... Its now 8:23 AM, where is the breakfast report? I thought this was going to be a live fire TR...

Well, I believe you may have broken a Disney rule right off the bat. NO DOGS IN POP UPS with soft sides or tents.:confused3

ALso, I have not seen any pics of Christmas Decorations yet. What's up with that?:sad2:

Well, I believe you may have broken a Disney rule right off the bat. NO DOGS IN POP UPS with soft sides or tents.:confused3

ALso, I have not seen any pics of Christmas Decorations yet. What's up with that?:sad2:

I didnt know about the dogs in the pop up's.. guess my little bear will be staying in the kennel if we get the popup after all.. :confused3

I didnt know about the dogs in the pop up's.. guess my little bear will be staying in the kennel if we get the popup after all.. :confused3

Per, http://disneyworld.disney.go.com/resorts/campsites-at-fort-wilderness-resort/

Pets like to go on vacation, too, so we offer a limited number of pet-friendly Preferred Hook-Up and Premium campsites. Pets are not permitted to stay in vehicles without air-conditioning or at tent sites.

When were there in July, we noticed pop ups with dogs. :confused:

I do remember when they first started with the pet loops, that pets were not allowed in tents/pop ups. Maybe Disney modified the rule to where you had to have at least a partial so you could provide AC? :confused3

Per, http://disneyworld.disney.go.com/resorts/campsites-at-fort-wilderness-resort/

Pets like to go on vacation, too, so we offer a limited number of pet-friendly Preferred Hook-Up and Premium campsites. Pets are not permitted to stay in vehicles without air-conditioning or at tent sites.

I do remember when they first started with the pet loops, that pets were not allowed in tents/pop ups. Maybe Disney modified the rule to where you had to have at least a partial so you could provide AC? :confused3

I don't think it has nothing to do with A/C. :confused3 Dogs can claw thru canvas walls in just a matter of seconds.
Many pets have "separation anxiety",,and then others just get upset hearing people or other animals outside, and again,,right thru the canvas.
I'm sure this rarely happens when the owner is at the camper,,but when the owner is gone, then ya just don't know :confused3.

In my mind it's more of a safety issue for my pet,,I'd hate for her to get out when we weren't there,,lord knows what all could happen to her.,,I'd rather not imagine.

Wow!

I have never read a Troll trip report before!

This is good.

I think you might be one of the only people who has ever requested to be placed in the 1900 loop. You're lucky that it hasn't rained much lately.

I'm looking forward to reading more.

You're doing great so far!

Okay, now I know that I am still very tired from my trip. It took me five minutes to figure out that "holiday blow ups" were inflatible Christmas and Halloween decorations.

I thought you meant that huge fight that always seems to happen between eating the turkey and serving the pumpkin pie. :confused3

Maybe i should go take another nap.

Now, that is funny.

And so true!

As stated in the rule, if your pop-up has AC, no problem having your dog stay with you.

As stated in the rule, you can't have pets on the partial hook up loops, so you would still need to reserve a full hook up or preferred or premium pet loop.

I don't think it has nothing to do with A/C. :confused3 Dogs can claw thru canvas walls in just a matter of seconds.
Many pets have "separation anxiety",,and then others just get upset hearing people or other animals outside, and again,,right thru the canvas.
I'm sure this rarely happens when the owner is at the camper,,but when the owner is gone, then ya just don't know :confused3.

In my mind it's more of a safety issue for my pet,,I'd hate for her to get out when we weren't there,,lord knows what all could happen to her.,,I'd rather not imagine.

Actually, according to the written rule, the AC has everything to do with it.

There are no other written pet rules at the Fort.

I have asked many times at the front desk for a copy of any pet rules.

There are none available to guests.

For example, I have always understood that pets are not allowed in the Meadow recreation area or in the Settlement area. But, I have seen pets in these areas many times lately.

This is all that the Disney website has to say on the matter:

petrules.jpg

This means you can have a dog stay in a pop-up with AC.

Or, in a tent with AC for that matter.

TCD

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter