Truth about butterbeer refill mugs

syenisch

Earning My Ears
I asked the girl at the bar in the Hog's Head and she said it's no cheaper to get butterbeer refills in the souvenir mug than just getting a new one in the plastic cup. I am still seeing references to cheap refills in the souvenir mug though! Can someone please tell me what the real deal is? Thanks!

You can use your butterbeer mug to get cheap refills of fountain drinks. Not butterbeer. Enjoy!

You can use your butterbeer mug to get cheap refills of fountain drinks. Not butterbeer. Enjoy!

Actually you can use your mug to get refills of butterbeer. Not sure of the price, or if it's any cheaper than buying it in the plastic cup, but I think it may be.

Actually you can use your mug to get refills of butterbeer. Not sure of the price, or if it's any cheaper than buying it in the plastic cup, but I think it may be.

You can but I believe its $3.00 which I believe is also the price for a regular glass.

Since I never cleaned out my park purse I found the reciepts for butterbeer. A regular in the plastic cup was $4.25, and a refill in the mug was $3.25. So it was $1.00 for a refill back in Feb. I also used my butterbeer mug for drinks in The Three Broomsticks and pear cider, pumpkin juice and iced tea were $.85. I also used it in other parts of IOA and over at the Studios for $.85 soda refills.

Since I never cleaned out my park purse I found the reciepts for butterbeer. A regular in the plastic cup was $4.25, and a refill in the mug was $3.25. So it was $1.00 for a refill back in Feb. I also used my butterbeer mug for drinks in The Three Broomsticks and pear cider, pumpkin juice and iced tea were $.85. I also used it in other parts of IOA and over at the Studios for $.85 soda refills.

That was our experience too. Refills were definitely cheaper. Perhaps the policy has changed. I will check it out on Thursday.

Stupid question, but what do you do with the refillable mug while you're in the park riding rides? I'm not sold on the idea of putting it in one of the free lockers because it seems a bit unsanitary to me.

P.S. I wish they had turrets on the castle shooting butterbeer at people below. :banana:

Stupid question, but what do you do with the refillable mug while you're in the park riding rides? I'm not sold on the idea of putting it in one of the free lockers because it seems a bit unsanitary to me.

P.S. I wish they had turrets on the castle shooting butterbeer at people below. :banana:

You can ask for a plastic bag at one of the shops. Or you can clip it to your belt or beltloop.

just wondering what the refillable mugs look like? anyone have a picture? :)

just wondering what the refillable mugs look like? anyone have a picture? :)

Here ya go:
butterbeer.jpg

I am really wanting to try Pumpking Juice on our next trip, but the one that comes in the cool plastic bottle costs an insane amount for something I am not sure I am going to like. However, from what you said, I can refill the mug with pumpkin juice for only $.85! Where do you do this at? Is it the same thing that comes in the bottle? Do you have to have a Butterbeer mug, or can you use the other soda mug that has the lid to get the pumpkin juice?

I am really wanting to try Pumpking Juice on our next trip, but the one that comes in the cool plastic bottle costs an insane amount for something I am not sure I am going to like. However, from what you said, I can refill the mug with pumpkin juice for only $.85! Where do you do this at? Is it the same thing that comes in the bottle? Do you have to have a Butterbeer mug, or can you use the other soda mug that has the lid to get the pumpkin juice?

Go to the Three Broomsticks. That is where they serve pumpkin juice on tap. FWIW, I like the on tap pumpkin juice better, but that's just me.

You can fill it at the Three Broomsticks. Not sure if they refill the regular soda mug or not. Im not a huge Pumpkin Juice fan, I'm more fond of the pear cider. As far as I could tell though, the PJ on tap is the same as the bottle. I only bought the bottle for the actual bottle though, not the contents.:rotfl: I did like the Pumpkin Fizz a bit more than the plain juice. The Fizz is PJ mixed with soda water so it's more like pumpkin soda.

You can fill it at the Three Broomsticks. Not sure if they refill the regular soda mug or not. Im not a huge Pumpkin Juice fan, I'm more fond of the pear cider. As far as I could tell though, the PJ on tap is the same as the bottle. I only bought the bottle for the actual bottle though, not the contents.:rotfl: I did like the Pumpkin Fizz a bit more than the plain juice. The Fizz is PJ mixed with soda water so it's more like pumpkin soda.

I hadn't seen the fizz.

My problem with the pumpkin juice was that it was WAY too sweet -- is the fizz less sweet? Or is it the same stuff, only carbonated?

Go to the Three Broomsticks. That is where they serve pumpkin juice on tap. FWIW, I like the on tap pumpkin juice better, but that's just me.
Good to know because my sister brought us back a bottle and it was too sweet, like pumpkin syrup. The fizz sounds good too.

I hadn't seen the fizz.

My problem with the pumpkin juice was that it was WAY too sweet -- is the fizz less sweet? Or is it the same stuff, only carbonated?
This. I, personally, did not like pumpkin fizz. The pear cider is great, though!

they sell pear cider?! Where? In the 3 Broomsticks?

I''d love an update on whether .85 refills are still available. Am kicking myself for carrying that mug around all day last fall and not once getting a tea for .85!

Also, the Hogsmead mug -- I think I need to find one of those too!

The pumkin juice is nice to bring home as a gift to people since it comes in that cute bottle. We broke it open for thanksgiving and each had about a shot's worth, which was plenty.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter