Truth about butterbeer refill mugs

so just to clarify... there are 2 mugs.

1 to buy in hogs head, which you can only get alcoholic drinks in (but bigger and looks better/less cheap)

1 to buy in 3 broomsticks, which you can only get non alcoholic drinks in (smaller/plastic-y looking)

refills are 0.79 for soda etc (0.85 with tax) however may be $2.99 or $3.99 for the 'good stuff' like butterbeer/frozen butterbeer and pumpkin juice/fizz/cider.

just wanting to check my understanding so i know how much to budget for it all, as we're on a pretty tight budget :headache:

After my first post in this thread, I went to Hog's Head to get a frozen Butterbeer refill, and was charged full price even though it was a refill. So it appears there are no refill discounts for that.

But pear/apple cider was included in the cheap refills.

No discounts on alcohol, as far as I know. Plus, most vendors will only sell one alcholic drink per person/id at a time, so you will probably all need to get in line if you are buying alcohol.

ETA: You can buy both mugs at Hog's Head - they sell alcoholic and non-alcoholic drinks. I think 3 Broomsticks has both mugs too, they sell beer and non-alcoholic drinks. But they will only serve alcohol in the Hog's Head mug, and only non-alcohol in the butterbeer mug.

Is it possible to order drinks with no ice? My teeth can have trouble with things that are excessively cold, and since most fountain drinks are already chilled, I usually just order without ice. Can they not do that?
Just say "no ice" when ordering your drink. They'll honor your request!

does anyone have any pics of the butterbeer mug and hogshead mug?

just wondering if it's worth buying or if we'd prefer the standard plastic cup

does anyone have any pics of the butterbeer mug and hogshead mug?

just wondering if it's worth buying or if we'd prefer the standard plastic cup

People posted pictures on the first page of each mug :)

so just to clarify... there are 2 mugs.

1 to buy in hogs head, which you can only get alcoholic drinks in (but bigger and looks better/less cheap)

1 to buy in 3 broomsticks, which you can only get non alcoholic drinks in (smaller/plastic-y looking)

refills are 0.79 for soda etc (0.85 with tax) however may be $2.99 or $3.99 for the 'good stuff' like butterbeer/frozen butterbeer and pumpkin juice/fizz/cider.

just wanting to check my understanding so i know how much to budget for it all, as we're on a pretty tight budget :headache:

Quick question.... On the Hogs Head alcoholic mug. I want the mug, but I don't drink beer. Can I get the mug w/ Soda or some other drink in it????

ETA: I guess my husband will be having two beers so I can have a mug:)

Quick question.... On the Hogs Head alcoholic mug. I want the mug, but I don't drink beer. Can I get the mug w/ Soda or some other drink in it????

ETA: I guess my husband will be having two beers so I can have a mug:)

I was told the Hog's Head mugs only come with alcohol.

Also, a lot of the vendors will only sell you one beer per id at a time. So he may have to go through the line twice, or you will have to buy a beer for yourself but let him drink it.

As the owner of a Butterbeer mug, I'd like to verify that the following is still current:

1. Refills of Butterbeer itself come at no discount. If there was a small discount in the past, it's not offered any more.
  2. Refills of soda and other non-magical soft drinks are a tax-inclusive $0.85 each and can be obtained at IOA and US, and at Citywalk cart vendors.

To be honest, I didn't even realize that discounts were involved when I bought a souvenir mug last time. I just wanted a souvenir. :banana:

As the owner of a Butterbeer mug, I'd like to verify that the following is still current:

1. Refills of Butterbeer itself come at no discount. If there was a small discount in the past, it's not offered any more.
  2. Refills of soda and other non-magical soft drinks are a tax-inclusive $0.85 each and can be obtained at IOA and US, and at Citywalk cart vendors.

To be honest, I didn't even realize that discounts were involved when I bought a souvenir mug last time. I just wanted a souvenir. :banana:

I haven't heard anything different than the above.

Does anyone know if these refills are still available? we'll be there THURSDAY - can't wait. And just saw this info and found my mug to pack.

1. In February of 2012 we got discounts on *cold* Butterbeer *inside* the tavern. No discounts outside, and no discounts anywhere on FROZEN butterbeer. But we definitely got a little discount every time we got a *cold* refill in our mugs, inside the tavern.

For the last person to post here, I don't know if that is still going on, but it was going on *after* the above person posted that, so I'm a little confused. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter