Two Geeks and A 9/16 At-Home Disney-ish Wedding - We're married!

They're bringing back the Hocus Pocus show and this is just my favorite event in all of WDW, so I'm really excited

I am DYING to see the Hocus Pocus show. I am obsessed with that movie, because I feel like I grew up with it being my Halloween movie since I hate anything scary or horror. And Joe's never done Halloween at Disney, so I'd really love to take him back around that time, but with our own wedding I don't know if I can make it work.

I love the custom converse idea, but maybe because my mind works in a similar direction. Though I do want to wear heels for the ceremony because there are 11 inches between the top of my head and the top of Joe's head. And yes, I'm also THAT bride who is forcing her maids to wear flats :rotfl: I refuse to be the midget in the photos.

Love the new ring too! We actually bought a cheap ring at Claire's that I could wear when we were on his parent's boat in the summer. I never wear my actual ring because I'm terrified of losing it, but I agree with you, you just feel so naked without it.

splurging on a more expensive pair that I'll wear a lot after, maybe the Disney painted toms, and now custom Converse... :rolleyes: I love that idea! Can't wait to see!

I love how we all had this idea!

I swore I commented on your invites, but it looks like I never did!! (Or maybe it was Facebook?) Regardless, I love them so much! They seem like they really fit you guys as a couple well and I love the images - I'm all for non traditional!

Loooooooooooooove your jewelry - there's something so classic about simple pearls. It'll never be out of style IMO! I'm so sorry you lost your E ring, but at least you have a replacement!

I love your joint party plans with MNSSHP and your ADRs (it's making me hungry just looking at them!) MNSSHP is so much fun with friends, you'll have a blast.

Coming together!

I love your respond cards and invitations. LOL so cute! Definitely personal to you. No one else will have invites like that!
(We hates it precious LOL)

AGH!! DAD!! Come on!! Good thing your mom has your back. And really, tell him to stop inviting people. The more people, the more money it's gonna cost! Oy Vey. Sorry to hear this happened.
Everything will come together and work out. You've been thru enough already.

Awww, Matt's a keeper. That's so sweet.

Love your jewelry. And your new E ring. Kevin doesn't wear his either because of work. You could put it on a chain around your neck when you can't wear it on your finger?

The pearls are absolutely beautiful on you! Love your champagne flutes as well. We've purchased ours already, but still have to decide what we want for the engraving and then take them back to get it done.

WOW! How awesome to be lining your celebrations up with MNSSHP. I know how much you enjoy that celebration time! Now I really wish I were going.

Your ADRs look great.

I know, I'm so thrilled! I can't wait :teeth:

Thanks! I think we might poke a couple of them, but we haven't decided yet.

The ring - swooooooon! :love: Love your jewelry too!

I can't show Zack those champagne flutes, or they'll show up at our door. He has a weakness for glass, and Disney pushes him over the edge lol. But we already have our 'champagne flutes'! If not, I have a feeling we would end up with those.

I'm with you on heels. I can wear them for awhile, but for my wedding? Flats all around. I decided that when I was 14 and my cousin wore flip flop slippers under her ballgown style wedding dress. I probably won't choose them til I pick a dress, but I'm considering cute ballet flats, splurging on a more expensive pair that I'll wear a lot after, maybe the Disney painted toms, and now custom Converse... :rolleyes: I love that idea! Can't wait to see!

That's so cool that your dad could do the caligraphy. I'm going to try and make my cricut address everything - I've seen it on Pinterest. I imagine it will take longer than me handwriting, but my writing is just basic and readable.

I'd like our honeymoon to be like yours. I'm hoping for a long trip so we can relax and go with the flow, not feel like we have to race to see everything (like I did in DL - first time ever - or when a friend and I did one day at DLP).

Me too (obviously)! I can't wait to wear it all together :teeth:

Our glasses showed up a couple of days ago, and they look beautiful. They're sitting on the dresser right now in their box. I'll take a picture of them later to post :) But yeah, definitely don't take him to the Arribas shop at Disney Springs. He'll buy everything. They have some gorgeous pieces.

I thought very briefly about Toms, but I don't really like them. They're not really my style, but I do understand why other people like them! I'd found a website that had some really cute flat ones, so if you want, I can send it to you! I just wanted something I could wear after the wedding, you know? I've always loved Converse and have worn them off and on for almost twenty years, so they're definitely shoes I'll wear again.

I can't wait to see how your addresses come out! We definitely have an advantage with the fact that we can take our time with things and don't have to hit everything, since we'll be back at some point.

I am DYING to see the Hocus Pocus show. I am obsessed with that movie, because I feel like I grew up with it being my Halloween movie since I hate anything scary or horror. And Joe's never done Halloween at Disney, so I'd really love to take him back around that time, but with our own wedding I don't know if I can make it work.

I love the custom converse idea, but maybe because my mind works in a similar direction. Though I do want to wear heels for the ceremony because there are 11 inches between the top of my head and the top of Joe's head. And yes, I'm also THAT bride who is forcing her maids to wear flats :rotfl: I refuse to be the midget in the photos.

Love the new ring too! We actually bought a cheap ring at Claire's that I could wear when we were on his parent's boat in the summer. I never wear my actual ring because I'm terrified of losing it, but I agree with you, you just feel so naked without it.

I love how we all had this idea!

I found a video of it on YouTube if you want to see it! It's a fantastic show! I'm a huge huge huge horror movie fan (I was actually at a con for them today and might be going back in the morning, since there were a couple autographs I missed). Halloween at Disney is great, but if you can't do it this year, you could always go another time!

Hey, it's your wedding, your photos, you can decide what shoes to wear! Including for everyone else! :)

My cheap ring was from Walmart and the finish wore off on the palm side :lmao:

Me too! Custom Converse for the win!

I swore I commented on your invites, but it looks like I never did!! (Or maybe it was Facebook?) Regardless, I love them so much! They seem like they really fit you guys as a couple well and I love the images - I'm all for non traditional!

Loooooooooooooove your jewelry - there's something so classic about simple pearls. It'll never be out of style IMO! I'm so sorry you lost your E ring, but at least you have a replacement!

I love your joint party plans with MNSSHP and your ADRs (it's making me hungry just looking at them!) MNSSHP is so much fun with friends, you'll have a blast.

:lmao: I never posted them on Facebook, actually. But yeah, we love our invitations!

That was honestly one of the reasons I wanted pearls! That and the fact that pearl is my birthstone :)

I really can't wait to do MNSSHP with everyone. It's gonna be so much fun :teeth:

Coming together!

I love your respond cards and invitations. LOL so cute! Definitely personal to you. No one else will have invites like that!
(We hates it precious LOL)

AGH!! DAD!! Come on!! Good thing your mom has your back. And really, tell him to stop inviting people. The more people, the more money it's gonna cost! Oy Vey. Sorry to hear this happened.
Everything will come together and work out. You've been thru enough already.

Awww, Matt's a keeper. That's so sweet.

Love your jewelry. And your new E ring. Kevin doesn't wear his either because of work. You could put it on a chain around your neck when you can't wear it on your finger?

It is! Slowly, but it's getting there! Mostly just the incidental stuff now (and paying).

I really do love the response cards. I think those are my favorite part :teeth: I wanted to put "precious" on them, but Matt vetoed.

My mom tacked on my aunt and uncle on her side just the other day. :headache: I told her we're absolutely done adding people to the list now. We'll figure everything out. We always do.

He really is :lovestruc

I wear my ID lanyard under my chef jacket in a little pocket, so I usually stick my ring in there.

The pearls are absolutely beautiful on you! Love your champagne flutes as well. We've purchased ours already, but still have to decide what we want for the engraving and then take them back to get it done.

Thank you! :teeth: What kind did you guys get? We're going to run ours over to Arribas in a few weeks to get the engraving done.

:lovestruc My goofball. :lovestruc

ank you! :teeth: What kind did you guys get? We're going to run ours over to Arribas in a few weeks to get the engraving done.

We got a set from the Crystal Arts shop on Main Street in Disneyland (also Arribas Bros) that aren't being made anymore, Jack and Sally from The Nightmare Before Christmas. ❤️ Had to get approval to get ours made since they weren't in production anymore. I'll post pictures in my PJ soon. We are torn whether to get our event date or our actual wedding date engraved on them. Fortunately we have some more time to decide. :-)

Bahahahaha, then clearly I am loosing it and imagining that the DIS is actually Facebook :D

Soooooo, guess what Zack found last night... I had to talk him down lol.

Bahahahaha, then clearly I am loosing it and imagining that the DIS is actually Facebook :D

I think the updates on the DIS beat the updates on my Facebook feed haha

Last edited:
I found a video of it on YouTube if you want to see it! It's a fantastic show! I'm a huge huge huge horror movie fan (I was actually at a con for them today and might be going back in the morning, since there were a couple autographs I missed). Halloween at Disney is great, but if you can't do it this year, you could always go another time!

Hey, it's your wedding, your photos, you can decide what shoes to wear! Including for everyone else! :)

My cheap ring was from Walmart and the finish wore off on the palm side :lmao:

I've watched the YouTube video! It makes me want to be there in person even more. I just can't do horror movies. I always have nightmares. I even went to Busch Gardens during the day the first weekend they did Howl-O-Scream, so all the decorations were up but it was operating as a normal park, and still had trouble getting to sleep that night. I'm a complete wimp.

The first ring Joe ever "gave" me was 10 tickets at a beach-side arcade. It actually started to rust.

Geez. I could have sworn that I commented here, but yet I can't find it. Being sick does all kinds of funny things to your mind!

I love the pearls! They look great on you!

The flutes are very nice! I like the calligraphy. I used to do some back in the day, but mine was never that good.

Your ADR plans look great too!

We got a set from the Crystal Arts shop on Main Street in Disneyland (also Arribas Bros) that aren't being made anymore, Jack and Sally from The Nightmare Before Christmas. ❤️ Had to get approval to get ours made since they weren't in production anymore. I'll post pictures in my PJ soon. We are torn whether to get our event date or our actual wedding date engraved on them. Fortunately we have some more time to decide. :-)

Oh, awesome! I'd love to see them!

:lmao: It happens :) I talk to some people so much that I'm like "...where were we talking about that, on the Dis, FB, messenger, texting...?"

Soooooo, guess what Zack found last night... I had to talk him down lol.

I think the updates on the DIS beat the updates on my Facebook feed haha

:lmao: I'm pleased that I'm not the only one who has to occasionally be talked down from buying things.

Yeah, sometimes the updates on Facebook are like "...really?" Especially lately with all the politics. I'm fairly political, but I try not to post everything I see.

I've watched the YouTube video! It makes me want to be there in person even more. I just can't do horror movies. I always have nightmares. I even went to Busch Gardens during the day the first weekend they did Howl-O-Scream, so all the decorations were up but it was operating as a normal park, and still had trouble getting to sleep that night. I'm a complete wimp.

The first ring Joe ever "gave" me was 10 tickets at a beach-side arcade. It actually started to rust.

Nothing wrong with not being into horror and scary things :) Not everyone's into everything, and that's okay. I went to a horror convention last week and I think you'd have died.

My original ring was one I already had, since he didn't have one when he asked, and then we bought one.

Geez. I could have sworn that I commented here, but yet I can't find it. Being sick does all kinds of funny things to your mind!

I love the pearls! They look great on you!

The flutes are very nice! I like the calligraphy. I used to do some back in the day, but mine was never that good.

Your ADR plans look great too!

That's okay! Things happen :)

I really love the pearls and I can't wait to wear them! The flutes are safely tucked away in the closet, so that's a good thing. My dad has done calligraphy for a few weddings in the family, which is one of the reasons we asked him to do it.

I'm so excited to try some of those restaurants! We tried to do ones that we've never been to and wouldn't ordinarily go to.

Deliveries! Pictures! Parents! Car Accidents! JOY!

So, because I know some people will be all "OMG WAAAAAAAAT" because of the title of this part, we're both okay. I'll get to the rest of what happened later.

Some of the things that I ordered for the wedding came in over the last few days.

IMG_6960.JPG
These are my shoes! Aren't they great? The little stripe on the heel is the same color as the inside lining, which you can see where the one part of the shoe is folded over. They're in the closet in the box.

IMG_6964.JPG
We were originally going to build a TARDIS card box, but I went to a horror convention last weekend and this one booth was selling these awesome Mario mystery boxes with various merchandise in them for $35. I just wanted the box, which was $20 on its own, so I bought the one with the merch in it. So that's going to be our card box! I just have to widen the slot at the top (it's made with a handle that comes out of the top) to fit cards in it.

IMG_6965.JPG
Ignore the mess around it, but that's the cloche I bought to make an enchanted rose centerpiece for our table. We're still undecided on sweetheart vs head table. I liked this one best because of the wooden base. I just have to get the rest of the label off of it.

IMG_6966.JPG
And, our champagne flutes! They're safe in the closet, and we'll be getting them engraved in a few weeks.

The other stuff I ordered is custom made from Etsy, so it's taking a bit longer. It's just my garter and the salt covenant. We also finally officially booked Emily Gilbert as our photographer! We have a date set for our engagement pictures! We were trying to find a good date to do it and Matt's work isn't allowing anyone to take time off for all of April (neither of us get it, don't ask), so we asked about this one day at the end of May, since that would give us time to get the days off approved. Turns out that that's when Megacon is (a big geeky con here in Orlando), so she's not available because she'll be attending the con. I already got part of that weekend approved, so we're probably going to go to the con, lol. SO, we're instead doing the pictures on June 3, which is my birthday! We haven't decided where, but I'm thinking maybe MK (if we can) or the Poly. The dress I'd bought before for engagement pictures won't work, since it's black and has long sleeves. So this is the dress I got for pictures now.

IMG_6863.JPG
I saw it when I went to Lane Bryant and loved it, but didn't have the money at the time. So I went back and got it when I did.

Oh, and my parents are visiting next week. My uncle who lives in Florida (about two hours away) had a stroke, so he's in a rehab center. They're arriving on Monday to go see him and will be staying with us Monday night, at his house Tuesday and Wednesday, and then with us Thursday and Friday. They head back to Chicago Saturday night. We're going to MK on Friday, and possibly Epcot as well. It'll be fun. I hope.

Okay. Now for the fun part.

Last night, I was on my way home from work and it was raining. Not heavily, but enough to make the roads slick. Matt wasn't with me. I was maybe ten minutes from home and the traffic ahead of me had stopped. I hit the brakes to slow down and my car hydroplaned. I couldn't stop and it was either hit the car in front of me or go into the next lane of traffic and cause a major accident. The car in front of me went into the grassy median in the middle of the lanes. The driver was okay. He was the only one in his car. There was no damage to my car, but his back window busted out and his tailgate had a major dent in it. So we'll see what happens. I got a ticket for careless driving (which makes no sense, because I freaking hydroplaned, it's not like I could have seen that coming), but the important part is that I'm okay. Just a little whiplash and a ticket.

That's kind of crazy to give you a ticket, bit I guess the reasoningis that if you hydroplaned, you must have been driving whatever. I think they just needed a scapegoat.

Glad all the other stuff is falling into place. Are your folks staying at your apartment? :eek: that sounds like close quarters! I hope your uncle does a full recovery.

That's kind of crazy to give you a ticket, bit I guess the reasoningis that if you hydroplaned, you must have been driving whatever. I think they just needed a scapegoat.

Glad all the other stuff is falling into place. Are your folks staying at your apartment? :eek: that sounds like close quarters! I hope your uncle does a full recovery.
Oh, I agree, and so does DF. But whatever, we'll deal with it. We actually have the money to take care of the ticket, and I have to do a class so that I don't get points on my license. So it'll be okay. I'm fine, the other guy is okay. Just property damage to his truck. I'm just glad I didn't get a ticket for still having an IL license. We're going to the DMV in the morning to get our licenses switched over.

They will be on Monday night because their flight gets in so late and then going to Fort Pierce to stay at his place for a couple of days while they visit him. Then they'll be with us again Thursday and Friday nights, and they fly out on Saturday afternoon. I think my mom said that they have to be at the airport at 2. So it's just for a couple of nights. We're both working pretty much all week anyway.

I hydroplaned & took out a street sign and almost someones front porch. I got a ticket too. I wasn't happy either. That was a few years ago. I feel your pain.
Keep an eye on your neck. Use cold and warm compresses off & on to ease the strain. Trust me, I was rearended & I thought I just had whipflash. Turned out I had major muscle strain in my neck and shoulder.
Had to have physical therapy for a few months and I've issues ever since. It's one of the causes of my migraines. Glad the other guy was ok too. Freaking rain sucks.

Love your dress, the flutes...everything!

So I was gonna quote your message, but the first part just looked like this
I love this!
I love this!
I love this too!

Seriously, everything looks AMAZING. I really want a pair of purple converse now. I've been getting back into the whole "sundress with keds" look recently. Which apparently made one of my kids from youth group mad, haha, because on Easter her mom told her she couldn't wear sneakers with a dress, and then I showed up. I told her when she paid for every part of her outfit and lived on her own she could wear whatever she wanted too.

And I LOVE the dress for your engagement photos! It's so pretty!

Obviously I love anything related to Beauty and the Beast. But I already tried the rose under the glass, and Joe veto-ed. Stupid groom not wanting a Disney wedding. Hmph.

Glad to hear you're okay! And that you didn't panic when you started to hydroplane and could make a conscious thought about what to do. It definitely stinks they gave you a ticket. Cops are, to use my word, poopieheads sometimes.

I'm glad you're ok!! Can you fight the ticket? At least in MA acts of nature is a perfectly acceptable excuse, at least as far as insurance is concerned (but our state is weird in that traffic tickets are tied to insurance premiums....not sure how FL is).

Now onto the fun stuff....I love everything you've picked out so far!! The shoes are simply perfect. That dress for your e-pics is sooooooooo cute, and what a better way to spend your birthday right? Poly would be great for pics, since you could always duck inside if it got too hot.

I'm glad you're okay! I got in an accident recently and found out that in a two-car crash, Florida law is that they have to issue at least one of the people a ticket. In my case, the other car really was at fault. But that's probably why they issued you the ticket, since you were technically the crash-er.

Love your shoes and champagne flutes! Everything is really coming along!

Yay shoes! And the card box is awesome. Zack thought so too! :-) I love the base of your cloche! Mine's not so pretty - I was debating a stand for it.

I LOVE YOUR DRESS.

At least you're ok, and the other driver. Property can always be fixed or replaced! But what a bummer :(
That seems like a silly law to me - maybe instead of issuing silly tickets to people who can't control what happened, they should spend their time looking for people who are actually driving recklessly in bad conditions :confused3 No matter how careful you are, there's always a chance... but those people are tempting fate!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter