• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Two New Ticket Offers for DVC Members!

DVC members cannot upgrade an AP via phone, it has to be in person. I don't know about Florida residents.
Thanks for your helpful response. I've been able to upgrade FL resident tickets in person in the past, but wasn't sure about DVC.

I assume I will still be able to get this deal, if I upgrade my 7 day hopper when I get there in September?
This is my question as well, just substitute September with August.

And a follow up question: I'd like to get these APs for use Nov 2018 - Oct 2019, as we would possibly (probably) go over spring break in 2019. Could I buy them in January for later use, even though I would already have APs that are active and expiring in August 2018?

I don't know if I can get in on this deal?? I just got back from our trip and don't plan on returning until next summer. We got the 13 month Gold AP. But the Platinum Plus would be great for next summer to get in on the water parks.

Maybe I just need to plan a trip before January to upgrade.

On FB, there are some folks posting that they have been able to upgrade their current gold pass to platinum for free

I just got out of chat with a CM who said that if you stop in to Guest Relations they can upgrade the remaining term of a Gold AP to Platinum. We purchased our Gold AP in May and have 2 more trips booked during this AP period so that will be a nice upgrade. I will probably also buy the discounted AP's prior to January 3 to activate during 2018.

I just got out of chat with a CM who said that if you stop in to Guest Relations they can upgrade the remaining term of a Gold AP to Platinum. We purchased our Gold AP in May and have 2 more trips booked during this AP period so that will be a nice upgrade. I will probably also buy the discounted AP's prior to January 3 to activate during 2018.
So we currently have "retail" Platinum AP's that expire 12/28. My plan had been to renew to the Gold pass as we intend to have a small direct contract in place by then. I guess with this deal then we should now be able to renew to Platinum Plus for the same price?

Wow, these are awesome deals. We have a trip coming up in December. I will definitely be getting Platinum Passes and planning some more trips in 2018!

Nice to read this. I also chatted with a possibly misinformed CM who told me I could not upgrade any ticket (used or unused) for this new promotion (I was asking how (phone/in person) to upgrade my unused annual pass to the dvc platinum pass). I ended the chat because I figured that couldn't be correct. Thanks for sharing the info!

So we currently have "retail" Platinum AP's that expire 12/28. My plan had been to renew to the Gold pass as we intend to have a small direct contract in place by then. I guess with this deal then we should now be able to renew to Platinum Plus for the same price?

I'm not certain....if you are renewing to a Gold AP you'd get the renewal price but this is higher than the renewal price (it's the New Gold AP price). I'm no expert on ticketing though. I would still think it's worth the extra if that is required.

So even if you have an active AP, it will be possible to buy new APs to start later in 2018?

So even if you have an active AP, it will be possible to buy new APs to start later in 2018?
I asked that as well and they said yes....it just needs to be activated prior to Dec 31/18 and the CM reminded me of the limit of 8 per household total for the promotion.

I'm not certain....if you are renewing to a Gold AP you'd get the renewal price but this is higher than the renewal price (it's the New Gold AP price). I'm no expert on ticketing though. I would still think it's worth the extra if that is required.
Yeah thanks. Just thinking out loud. It would seem that if a current gold holder (whether an initial or renewed pass) could get a "free" upgrade to P+ for the term, that any new or renewal gold during this offer period would get the same. We'll see.

This AP is a fantastic deal. I don't have to worry about the renewals as we don't currently hold APs but basically you can by these anytime the remainder of this year and then use them for the first time somewhere in late 2018 for coverage through most of 2019. We have a kid graduating high school in 2019 and his goal is the new Star Wars land. This pass is perfect.

So, if I renew my existing gold pass and get the 13-month deal, can I then upgrade using this deal to squeeze out an extra month?

That's what I am working on. My Gold AP expires in November (It was a 13 month AP) So if I call at the end of Sept and renew will they give me the 13 month AP again? I could then either upgrade at renewal or just go upgrade at the park (I know they can do that)

I'm making them renew me as GOLD just on principle since I paid extra for platinum last year for NYE and am planning on NYE again in 2 years. AND, I just bought tickets to Volcano Bay online since they're clearly doing this to try and keep people away from there. (And just to pile on, they waited for Disney Quest to close before discounting the pass that included it.)

Looking forward to Krakatau and the fearless river! :D

This AP is a fantastic deal. I don't have to worry about the renewals as we don't currently hold APs but basically you can by these anytime the remainder of this year and then use them for the first time somewhere in late 2018 for coverage through most of 2019. We have a kid graduating high school in 2019 and his goal is the new Star Wars land. This pass is perfect.

Interesting... how do you get vouchers in advance? Just buy them online? That could actually be useful for my situation. I could just buy new AP vouchers and activate them late Decemebr 2018, which would still be cheaper than renewing platinum at the regular price.

Last edited:
I have my AP Gold vouchers (w/13 months on them from the last promotion) that I was going to activate on our next trip in October. They were going to get us through this year and then next May and October since they have 13months tied to them. Any ideas if I will be able to 1 - upgrade to the Platinum Plus, and 2 - keep the 13 months if I upgrade after activated? Or are these questions going to be the wait and see type ones.

Can someone give me the prices of the old ones and the new ones? We don't go enough to make it worth it for us,(how many times to you need to use it to make it worth it?) but I'm curious.
Thanks

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter