• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Two New Ticket Offers for DVC Members!

On FB, there are some folks posting that they have been able to upgrade their current gold pass to platinum for free
My brother is at the MK GS now. He's being told it will cost him $10.65 to upgrade the Gold AP he just activated on Saturday. I still think it should be free but it's still worth spending just south of $11 to remove the blackout dates.

My brother is at the MK GS now. He's being told it will cost him $10.65 to upgrade the Gold AP he just activated on Saturday. I still think it should be free but it's still worth spending just south of $11 to remove the blackout dates.

If he's still there can be ask about renewals? Do we get the gold renewal rate or have to pay the rate for a new gold pass?

If he's still there can be ask about renewals? Do we get the gold renewal rate or have to pay the rate for a new gold pass?
Sorry. He's already done at GS. I should have had him ask while he was there but it wasn't on my radar.

That's equal to sales tax on $163.84. Not sure if that is "yesterday's " price differential on the two passes? And it's $11 to remove blackout and get WP access. Pretty good deal.

I have my AP Gold vouchers (w/13 months on them from the last promotion) that I was going to activate on our next trip in October. They were going to get us through this year and then next May and October since they have 13months tied to them. Any ideas if I will be able to 1 - upgrade to the Platinum Plus, and 2 - keep the 13 months if I upgrade after activated? Or are these questions going to be the wait and see type ones.
Do your AP Gold tickets have an expiration on them? Or a "must activate by" date on them? If not, and you plan to go on future trips, you might want to just hold onto those for a while and purchase the platinum deal for use this year/next year.

That's equal to sales tax on $163.84. Not sure if that is "yesterday's " price differential on the two passes? And it's $11 to remove blackout and get WP access. Pretty good deal.
Hmm...that could be it. He had redeemed the 13-month promotional vouchers from last year. Did the price for a Gold AP increase by $10 between then and now?

This AP is a fantastic deal. I don't have to worry about the renewals as we don't currently hold APs but basically you can by these anytime the remainder of this year and then use them for the first time somewhere in late 2018 for coverage through most of 2019. We have a kid graduating high school in 2019 and his goal is the new Star Wars land. This pass is perfect.

Ok, super excited, pro-Disney part of me says this is exactly why Disney is doing this - to lock in (do they really need to?) Florida residents and DVCs to plan trips in 2019 just before or when SW land and TS land open.

Cynical me says SW/TS land may be delayed to 2020, and this keeps DVCers in the system for a while longer.

Do your AP Gold tickets have an expiration on them? Or a "must activate by" date on them? If not, and you plan to go on future trips, you might want to just hold onto those for a while and purchase the platinum deal for use this year/next year.
I think they had to be activated this year to get the 13 month special on them which I need as we have trips this Oct, next May and then next October.

In looking at the ticket section on the web site as instructed in the official announcement, I do not see how to either buy the 7 day ticket or AP and get these prices. What am I missing?

In looking at the ticket section on the web site as instructed in the official announcement, I do not see how to either buy the 7 day ticket or AP and get these prices. What am I missing?
The 7 day MYW ticket offer can be purchase here: https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/tickets/
The Platinum Plus Pass offer can be purchased here: https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/passes/platinum-plus-annual-pass/purchase/

NOTE: You must be logged on and your MDE profile must have your DVC affiliation to see the special offers.

I have my AP Gold vouchers (w/13 months on them from the last promotion) that I was going to activate on our next trip in October. They were going to get us through this year and then next May and October since they have 13months tied to them. Any ideas if I will be able to 1 - upgrade to the Platinum Plus, and 2 - keep the 13 months if I upgrade after activated? Or are these questions going to be the wait and see type ones.

I am in the same situation and on hold with member services. Will report back shortly

Reactions: KSL
I am in the same situation and on hold with member services. Will report back shortly
Please do! Looks like there are a few of us in the same boat...

Might not be worth it to upgrade if you lose the extra month.

Edit...now that I think about it, you should get the extra month, because normally when you upgrade an AP, you get however many days that were left on the original AP, now on the upgraded AP. This might be a case where you need to use the Gold AP first before upgrading...

Just got off the phone with a CM- They are unable to upgrade our current (not activated) 13 mth Gold passes over the phone, but- when we activate them at guest relations at the park (as long as its by the Jan cutoff date) we will be able to apply the cost towards the platinum passes which equals out to almost the same $ spent. She stated that we WILL lose the 13 month promotion however.

My brother just redeemed his 13-month vouchers on Saturday. It cost him $10.65 per AP to upgrade to Plat.+ APs this afternoon and they still retained their 13-month expiration date.

My brother just redeemed his 13-month vouchers on Saturday. It cost him $10.65 per AP to upgrade to Plat.+ APs this afternoon and they still retained their 13-month expiration date.
I think the key might be to convert and use the Gold Certificate to a ticket first and then upgrade. This way, once you use the Gold ticket, it now has an expiration date associated with it (i.e. 13 months from when you first used it to enter a park). When you go to upgrade, you should get the same original expiration date.

I'm just guessing here...

Hmm...that could be it. He had redeemed the 13-month promotional vouchers from last year. Did the price for a Gold AP increase by $10 between then and now?
I don't recall when the price changed but the gold pass was $549 when it initially went on sale in 2015 and did increase to $559 at some point.

I think the key might be to convert and use the Gold Certificate to a ticket first and then upgrade. This way, once you use the Gold ticket, it now has an expiration date associated with it (i.e. 13 months from when you first used it to enter a park). When you go to upgrade, you should get the same original expiration date.

I'm just guessing here...

That would be even more awesome!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter