UNDERCOVER TOURIST REFUND?

Still waiting for a refund. We are at 5 weeks now since requested. I had DL tickets and we switched to WDW tickets since DL will not be opening during our dates. Their system does not allow an exchange, so I had to purchase the WDW tickets (right before the freeze) and then request a refund for the DL tickets. Since I basically had to pay for tickets twice, its a lot of money tied up until the refund comes through on the DL tickets. I really hope it is soon!

Still waiting for a refund. We are at 5 weeks now since requested. I had DL tickets and we switched to WDW tickets since DL will not be opening during our dates. Their system does not allow an exchange, so I had to purchase the WDW tickets (right before the freeze) and then request a refund for the DL tickets. Since I basically had to pay for tickets twice, its a lot of money tied up until the refund comes through on the DL tickets. I really hope it is soon!

I returned hard tickets the second week of May. Got the email they were working on it. Got the email refunds were delayed. Then nothing. Two days again I sent a message and they replied they would check with the billing department. This morning I finally got an email showing they are issuing the refund.

It’s been a long wait, and I understand the delay to an extent. I have been slightly aggravated at having to pay the 5% fee to return them since my trip was supposed to be last week when the park wasn’t even open. At the time that I returned the tickets Disney hadn’t announced the automatic extension of tickets. I sort of feel like I got the short end of the stick twice. 😕

I returned hard tickets the second week of May. Got the email they were working on it. Got the email refunds were delayed. Then nothing. Two days again I sent a message and they replied they would check with the billing department. This morning I finally got an email showing they are issuing the refund.

It’s been a long wait, and I understand the delay to an extent. I have been slightly aggravated at having to pay the 5% fee to return them since my trip was supposed to be last week when the park wasn’t even open. At the time that I returned the tickets Disney hadn’t announced the automatic extension of tickets. I sort of feel like I got the short end of the stick twice. 😕

I think I will email them. We are holding off on buying Universal tickets from them until the DL refund comes through. Thankfully I was in a position to buy the WDW tickets before the refund as we sneaked in before the ticket freeze. In the end they are getting MORE money from us than just the initial DL tickets. I understand the delay as well (its probably related to their cash flow) but in our case we were doing an exchange and purchasing additional tickets so I would have thought they would have moved ours along a bit quicker than someone just requesting a flat out refund.

I spoke with Disney yesterday and they switched my UT PH tickets to base tickets and told me I would get a refund in email gift card in 24-48 hours.

What did you tell them? I contacted them and they said I had to go through the 3rd party.

My full refund processed on my Credit Card today! A little over 6 weeks.

I'm glad I found this thread. I was going to ask how long people have been waiting for refunds. Monday will be 6 weeks since they received our tickets at their office. (I paid for the mail tracking.) Hopefully I will see mine next week. We had tickets to the H2O Glow party at Typhoon Lagoon.

Has anyone heard of using the "Change Ticket" (in blue) in MDE to downgrade to base ticket from PH? Is that even possible? Would this generate a refund? I'm afraid to try it bc I don't want to change it on my own and possibly forfeit any refund I'm due.

Has anyone heard of using the "Change Ticket" (in blue) in MDE to downgrade to base ticket from PH? Is that even possible? Would this generate a refund? I'm afraid to try it bc I don't want to change it on my own and possibly forfeit any refund I'm due.
I spoke with Disney yesterday and they switched my UT PH tickets to base tickets and told me I would get a refund in email gift card in 24-48 hours.
Did you receive the e-gift card?

What did you tell them? I contacted them and they said I had to go through the 3rd party.
I spoke to Disney yesterday (July 8) and they changed my UT hopper tickets to base tickets immediately. She said i would receive a gift card with the balance. Its been 24 hours and no card yet. i just told her i needed to switch my tickets and she asked if they were purchased from a 3rd party. I said yes, Undercover Tourist. Then she processed my request.

I spoke to Disney yesterday (July 8) and they changed my UT hopper tickets to base tickets immediately. She said i would receive a gift card with the balance. Its been 24 hours and no card yet. i just told her i needed to switch my tickets and she asked if they were purchased from a 3rd party. I said yes, Undercover Tourist. Then she processed my request.
I got my e-gift card at bout 5:30 pm today

Hi,
I purchased my tickets literally right before everything hit for our May 2 trip. I know we can change dates to future date, but my son was just laid off and my job is about ready to start lay offs and I really need the $1000 I spent on those tickets since my son cannot pay his 1/2 now. Has anyone been able to do this? I cannot think of planning a future date when I don’t know what’s in store for me.
Great company. I purchased a ticket for Universal and then decided I didn't want to go and they refunded with out question minus the reasonable 5% fee so I would think that they will do a refund, especially when you explain the circumstances.

I spoke to Disney about that and the CM told me that Disney would not be refunding any difference from PH to a base ticket. This was only last Friday.

My daughter called Disney last week about getting a refund on her hoppers from UT. She was told that there’s a chance that hopping might be back by the time she goes in Sept and to leave them in place for now. But she was given an “interaction number” so that she could get a refund at guest relations if that isn’t the case when she visits.

My daughter called Disney last week about getting a refund on her hoppers from UT. She was told that there’s a chance that hopping might be back by the time she goes in Sept and to leave them in place for now. But she was given an “interaction number” so that she could get a refund at guest relations if that isn’t the case when she visits.
That's encouraging. I truly hope hopping is back before the end of the year.

Interesting. We have a Sept trip. I was feeling anxious about having not called yet. Based on this, I think I will procrastinate longer! 😆

Here is our experience...
On May 28 I called to request a refund because WDW would not be open for our dates. UT processed our order and sent it all out for refunds giving me the whole six week spiel. It’s a little over six weeks today so I called and they just now informed me that since I modified the tickets on MDE (added hopping) I would have to call WDW directly.
So, I did and we are now receiving a refund from Disney for the entire cost of the tickets (no 5% fee) and the cost of the hopping (which I honestly forgot about 😂). I was on the phone with WDW for maybe five minutes...

So if you are a person who modified your tix and are still waiting for a refund from UT, give them a call to see if you have to go through a Disney.

ETA-These were E-tickets linked to MDE and everything

Here is our experience...
On May 28 I called to request a refund because WDW would not be open for our dates. UT processed our order and sent it all out for refunds giving me the whole six week spiel. It’s a little over six weeks today so I called and they just now informed me that since I modified the tickets on MDE (added hopping) I would have to call WDW directly.
So, I did and we are now receiving a refund from Disney for the entire cost of the tickets (no 5% fee) and the cost of the hopping (which I honestly forgot about 😂). I was on the phone with WDW for maybe five minutes...

So if you are a person who modified your tix and are still waiting for a refund from UT, give them a call to see if you have to go through a Disney.

ETA-These were E-tickets linked to MDE and everything

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter