Universal Studios Harry Potter London Diagon Alley Expansion Pictures

Less than 3 weeks for us, everything is crossed it'll be on soft-opening.

the gringotts animatronics are a wow!

I was really hoping to know a solid opening date on this. I will be there the last week June staying in WDW property. I didn't want to be there OPENING weekend but it looks like I might accidentally be.

Less than 3 weeks for us, everything is crossed it'll be on soft-opening.

the gringotts animatronics are a wow!

I will be there at the end of the month as well. I also have my fingers crossed for soft opening as well. We are at WDW on the official opening day of Seven Dwarfs Mine Train and with alot of luck maybe we can get a peek of Diagon Alley.

I'm hoping for a soft opening at the end of the month too, but these pictures have me excited just to peak around!

I'll be there from May 31 til June 6. Hoping they have a soft opening or two while we're there. Soft openings are usually for resort guests right?

Soft openings are unpredictible, another sign of opening plans. The park hours just changed for IOA/USF to match after June 19th (Previously they were at different times).

Why is this interesting?

Operationally the Hogwart's Express is unknown territory. You have strollers, ECVs, wheelchairs to worry about, and what to do if the park hours are different. (I suspect they'll try to match them as much as possible, but special events, maintenance issues, and private parties can throw a wrench into that)

Other odd things include, what if you rent a locker in one park, and travel to the other and the park closes, etc. Strollers I think fold up types will probably be allowed, For ECVs, probably just allow you to swap for another one at the other end.

Based on these things, I suspect the "rules" regarding the Hogwarts express will change 4 or 5 times throughout the next year or two as they figure it out.

I will be there at the end of the month as well. I also have my fingers crossed for soft opening as well. We are at WDW on the official opening day of Seven Dwarfs Mine Train and with alot of luck maybe we can get a peek of Diagon Alley.

We have our 7DMT FP+ for 5/28, as long as our plane is one time we're good.

We are limited to 5/29 for U, if not we'll still have a great time.

We have a FP+ at 6:30-7:30 on 5/28.

going from memory our window begins approx. 12:30 pm. Did u have trouble booking it? It took me over 2 hours that morning, website was so slammed w/people checking out the FDP deal & trying to book this FP+, such poor planning to have them both open on the same date imo.

We all continue to await reports of soft opening tests:goodvibes. Doesn't seem to be as much info leaking out this go-around, things seem to be more under-wraps than when prior attractions have opened @ U imo.:confused3

going from memory our window begins approx. 12:30 pm. Did u have trouble booking it? It took me over 2 hours that morning, website was so slammed w/people checking out the FDP deal & trying to book this FP+, such poor planning to have them both open on the same date imo.

We all continue to await reports of soft opening tests:goodvibes. Doesn't seem to be as much info leaking out this go-around, things seem to be more under-wraps than when prior attractions have opened @ U imo.:confused3

I could not book it on my phone I had to use a desktop. I guess the mobile site was slammed. I started trying about 40 minutes after the announcement of the official opening. It was crazy trying to get the FP+. I booked some random FP's then went to change it and could see SDMT but it would not let me pick it. Once on the desktop it was there. Did you have problems as well?

Supposedly the contractors are to be out of Diagon Alley by May 20 for cast training. It will be interesting to see if that rumor is true. Heck I'm at the point that maybe they will have the walls down in the London area and we can at least see those buildings and maybe some of the shops will be open.

I could not book it on my phone I had to use a desktop. I guess the mobile site was slammed. I started trying about 40 minutes after the announcement of the official opening. It was crazy trying to get the FP+. I booked some random FP's then went to change it and could see SDMT but it would not let me pick it. Once on the desktop it was there. Did you have problems as well?

Supposedly the contractors are to be out of Diagon Alley by May 20 for cast training. It will be interesting to see if that rumor is true. Heck I'm at the point that maybe they will have the walls down in the London area and we can at least see those buildings and maybe some of the shops will be open.

I hope this is true!!!

Hopefully there will be announcement made soon on the Today show. Love all the clips/links to scenes from the new ride and area that surfaced yesterday!

I fondly am remembering the craziness leading up to the soft openings at the WWoHP four years ago. Seems like just yesterday. Every day was a thrill!

We won't be there until October, but I wouldn't mind spoilers ;)

I don't seem to be able to convince my husband that he wants to go again, so it will be just myself and two 17yo boys... but that's his loss! I can't wait!!!

I hope this is true!!!

:thumbsup2

aspen37 - I kept getting the dreaded Donald Duck picture as to technical difficulties.

one of the things we love about U portion of our trips is no need for jumping thru the sort of hoop that is needed @ Disney just to level the playing field. Hope they never change and go to a FP system other than the paid express & onsite FOTL for most attractions.:wizard:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter