Universal Studios Mardi Gras Redux

thefoyboy

Mouseketeer
Well, has anyone yet heard anything on Mardi Gras dates for '02? I've called so many times they probably know my voice and my name permanently. Seems like every time I call back when they tell me they'll know something, they push it back farther again.

They are now telling me to call back in December and they may know the dates. To me that is just way to late for any decent advance planning.

As it stands, Fat Tuesday is February 12, so knowing that wouldn't you guess that Universal would run their celebration from approximately a week before that date to a couple of weeks after based upon previous years?

I ask because I have two reservations right now to cover my bases. I have one from February 8 to the 14 and the other from March 15 - 22. The reservations are identical and I can cancel them right up until 3 days before with no penalty. The rate is AAA at $225 a night for a Club Room.

We did the Deluxe Room this last year and we thoroughly enjoyed the size of it and comfort level. I'm hoping we won't be disappointed with the Club room based upon all you have been saying.

Anyway, anyone with thoughts, ideas, or knowledge on Mardi Gras days I look forward to hearing from you.....puhleeeeze.....

Hi,

The Universal web page gives dates as Feb 8 - Mar 23 so either plans should work out. We will be there Feb 9 - 13. Have a good time.

roxanne

I am ready to book a room at HRH so that I can continue the Mardi Gras stumble through Citiwalk and back to a quik crash in the close-by room.
HAVE FUN

Roxanne,

WOW! Thanks for the heads up. Now I'm really unhappy with those folks at the Universal desks that answer the phones. Here the answer was online and I was expecting some incompetent boobs to be able to give me the answer I needed.

Anyway, we're going to take the early trip. Be there for the first night of the celebration. Since we'll be there together, we should keep in touch and try to meet up if possible. Maybe as it gets closer others will make similar time frame reservations and the meet could grow.

Thanks again, I appreciate it.

You are quite welcome. That Mardi Gras meet sounds like a good idea - I will make sure to check these boards when our trip gets closer.

roxanne :jester:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter