Universal's 2 Park Power Pass Info

I purchased mine online. I received a paper ticket. We take this to the Customer Service desk and they will take our picture there!!

:Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

Originally posted by KayleeUK
If I buy this on-line (I live in the UK) - will I just get a paper voucher? Then exchange that at the park and it will be valid a year from the date of exchange??

Thanks

Kaylee

Usually, you get a voucher that you need to exchange for a ticket. The ticket will get you into the park and pass processing is inside the park. Then inside the park, you get your mugshot taken for the pass.

Sometimes they can send you a ticket. This looks like a regular ticket that will get you into the park to the pass processing office.

We have 5 in the family, we originally bought all power passes. After getting them, one of the passes didn't work, so we went back and that's when the women told us we should upgrade just one of our passes to receive all benefits. If you think about it, only one person needs to show a pass for the extra's. Not to mention she must have charged us wrong because (I don't remember exact amounts), even after the price of the upgrade, we were well under the total of what a regular annual pass would have been had we bought it outright.:crazy:

This sounds too good to be true!!! I'm still trying to figure out what the catch is. Why would anybody buy a regular 2-day ticket when you can buy a power pass for $99 which is good for unlimited admission for a year?!! Am I missing something here?

My family is planning on visiting Universal (both parks) for a few days in early May 2003. Do these power passes expire - meaning will they be offered for that time frame? Should I go ahead and buy them now? Do I buy directly from Universal?

Thanks!!

Where can you purchase the Power Pass? I know you can get it online and I assume you can get it at the parks. Is there anywhere else that sells them?

I purchased the 5 consecutive day pass online a few months ago for $89.99 each. Then the annual power pass came out. As we will be staying at the PBH for a full 7 days, I emailed guest services and asked if I could upgrade my tickets. They said no problem, just go to guest services when I arrive, and they'll upgrade the tickets to the annual power passes. This is great - we get two extra days for an additional $10 each!!! Sweet!!!

Does anyone know if there is a guest services in the hotel, or do we upgrade the tickets at the park entry?

E. Jane,
I'm in the ticket-planning stage and was considering the $89 5-day consec. We'll also be there for a full 7 days, but I said Oh well, the price is so right so we'll just have to go along with it. But if I go ahead and buy the $89 5-day online, I just have to go to guest services when we get there, pay only an additional $10 more for each of the 4 of us, and then we'll be able to have our 6th and 7th day in the parks? So that means I can get my 7 days worth for $99 each?
Please forgive my ignorance on all these ticket matters. This is my first time planning for Universal without a travel agent doing it all for me!

Aisling,
from what I gathered, you can purchase the 2-park power annual pass on-line now, just like the 5-day consecutive pass. Click on the "annual pass" link for more info. From what I understand from the original post on this thread, they send you a voucher, which you take to the park on your first day. They take your photo and issue the annual pass. I THINK that's how it works - you could always email guest services for exact information.

My problem was that I had already purchased the 5-day deal, so I was very pleasantly surprised to hear I could upgrade it! If you have not already purchased your 5-day tickets, then getting the annual pass should be even less hassle. And yes, you'd have 7 full days for $99. How good a deal is that?! Just make sure you check the black-out dates for your travel dates. We just squeak in before the April black-outs.

Originally posted by Aisling
I'm blacked out for the power pass.

Univeral has a special - buy one annual pass (no blackouts), get a 2nd at half off. This comes out to $120 a person (plus tax) for an annual pass. The offer ends December 31st.

Hi all, I have 2 one day one park tickets. I'd like to buy the power pass instead. If I take these two tickets back will they upgrade my tickets to the power pass? Thanks Kim

I don't see why not. I have 5-day passes, and enquired about upgrading them. I was told no problem, just report to guest services when I arrive and pay the difference.

Does anyone know about Summer 2003 black out dates? We'll be there in mid-June. Should I assume it's pretty much the same for 2002?

Quick question. I do not intend to go to US/IOA this visit but definitely will on our next "family" trip to WDW as the kids really enjoyed US/IOA (we went there 3 days out of our last trip). HOWEVER, would it behoove me to go ahead and buy the tickets (online) for APs because they won't start the "annual" part of those tickets until we activate them upon arrival sometime later this year? My question is buying them at the price they have them now, which seems like an incredible bargain since we paid only $10 less per ticket for 5 consecutive days (which we only used 3 days of it) a good idea because the "year" for the annual pass doesn't start until you actually get there and activate it?

Last question- what if it was NEXT year that we went? We are considering waiting to make another "family" trip there until our youngest is a bit older/bigger. So what if I bought the APs now online, and didn't activate them till next year? The year would still start only when we got there, activated them (and ofcourse that would also mean started using them LOL)???

LMK please!

The AP and the Power Pass become active when you activate them at Vacation Services at the park. So yes, it would behoove you to take advantage of this deal now and activate them whenever you arrive before the prices go up or this deal disappears!

Okay, I am totally confused here. My Husband and my two kids and some cousins(all children) will be going in June. We have gone every year since 2000. We will be going next year at about the same time. I was originally thinking of ordering some 2 day passes for all of us. Now, after hearing about the annual pass deal, I am sure we will do that instead.

If we get the annual passes, how often can we use them in a year's time? Also, what is the difference in the Annual Power Pass and any of the other annual passes being offered?
Where can I get my pass other than the uescape.com site?
How many times can we visit the parks within a year's time with the Annual Power Pass? Help!
Any information on the pass will help.

I've been reading this informative thread and trying to make the best ticket decision for us.

1. I saw that some folks bought their child the AP for the better discounts, but I didn't see a child's price. The website says the price is for ALL.

2. The price of the power pass must've dropped because as of today the website shows the price at $99.95 for the power pass and $149.95 for the regular AP.

I have 2 days left on my grandsons pass from a couple of years ago and am trying to figure out if I want to upgrade it to a power pass (which I assume can only be done in person).

I've also checked out the prices for the fan club. They are still running the buy one, get the second half price, so am toying with should I pay the extra $39 for the better passes. The blackout dates don't affect us at all. And it looks like we would have to park at least 4 times to almost break even. Decisions, decisions...
We have the fan club which gives us some discounts on merchandise and food. Any suggestions?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter