Up Close with Rhinos-New Experience at AK

Everything up and running again! Got this booked for March 2nd. It's going to be a great way to get our trip started!

I am kind of hoping the tour doesn’t go too far past the hour allotted if it does at all. I’m very excited but I do have a FoP FP for 11:25-12:25. I booked that before I knew about the tour I am glad I have the 10-15 minute grace period on the end of that too.

They're already all booked up for my trip at the end of November :( ... what's the likelihood two spots get cancelled? When and how often should I call back?

They're already all booked up for my trip at the end of November :( ... what's the likelihood two spots get cancelled? When and how often should I call back?

It's a 2 day cancellation policy so 2 days before you want to go would be a good time to check. I would call every day but I'm a little crazy lol

I would guess that your chances are good. Most times, when Disney announces any new offerings there are many guests that will pounce on it right away and then decide later whether or not it’s a good fit for their family, itinerary and budget. I wouldn’t be surprised if some folks booked this tour for multiple days of their trip not knowing how their FP bookings will shake out. Good luck!

It's a 2 day cancellation policy so 2 days before you want to go would be a good time to check. I would call every day but I'm a little crazy lol

Okay thanks! I'll definitely keep checking ... might have to set a daily reminder on my calendar lol

I would guess that your chances are good. Most times, when Disney announces any new offerings there are many guests that will pounce on it right away and then decide later whether or not it’s a good fit for their family, itinerary and budget. I wouldn’t be surprised if some folks booked this tour for multiple days of their trip not knowing how their FP bookings will shake out. Good luck!

I didn't think of this. Thank you! Fast Passes opened up for my trip this week so maybe some will drop off.

Yes did it today! It was fun. No pictures allowed. It’s all backstage and yes you do get to touch Rhinos.

This may have just sealed the deal that my birthday at Disney will be at Animal Kingdom... I'm kind of imagining I'll be like the scene in Jurassic Park where they get to touch the triceratops...all agape and teary and unable to speak.

Just a quick tip, I was able to move my tour date quite easily just now. Very helpful CM who got all 5s from me on the survey!

Yes did it today! It was fun. No pictures allowed. It’s all backstage and yes you do get to touch Rhinos.
Would the tour be good for a 5 year old? I had heard that the Caring for Giants tour wasn't good for small children because of all the talking and educational stuff so I was wondering about this new tour. I am debating booking this for our February trip. Thank you!

We loved the Caring for Giants, the elephant tour so we have decided to do the Rhino tour in January, the hour is just perfect for us.

Would the tour be good for a 5 year old? I had heard that the Caring for Giants tour wasn't good for small children because of all the talking and educational stuff so I was wondering about this new tour. I am debating booking this for our February trip. Thank you!
I don’t see why not.

I’m currently planning my birthday trip for May 2019.
There maybe 7 of us, could be 5 or 4?!

Is a tour refundable?

Or maybe just me & dh undertake the tour?

Is this tour accessible on foot, or do you get in a van and go to the rhino location? My wife has motion sickness issues, but loves the animal trails.

This sounds amazing .. if only they did this with hippos .. my daughter is hippo obsessed . She’s 12 . We literally left her at the hippos on our last zoo trip and she stayed there watching for r a couple hours..(she was safe had a phone) her brothers weren’t as into hippos as she .. 15 mins of hippo observation was plenty for them ..
I showed her the tour thinking but nope not a hippo :(
I still may book..

When I did Caring for Giants in February, we had young children on the tour I took, and they were fine with "all the talking and educational stuff". It - and I presume the Rhino one - are meant to be educational. It's through education that the drive for conservation begins to happen.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter