Update: Almost there!! Red Light/Green Light

Good job on nipping that craving in the bud!! Brushing your teeth is a great way to stop it! I have also found that if I really want to keep away from eating, I will paint my fingernails. Works like a charm!

Oh, thanks for that tip! That's a great idea! I will definitely use it. I'm always looking for ways to divert and keep going. :upsidedow

Sun. Jan. 29

Pre-B- My kind of coffee

B- My kind of oatmeal. Water.

* I am down another 1/2 pound. I was hoping for better progress but it took awhile to put it on, I guess it will take a while to take off. I do see some areas that need tweaking. But I'm working on it. I really wanted two slices of pizza last night. I ate the one slice w/ lots of broccoli. So that helped. Working on trade offs like that. So total I've lost I think 3 1/2 lbs. I have 1 1/2 pounds to go for my smaller goal. Seems sllllooooooowwwww going. But plugging away.

L- Huge, huge salad. 3/4ths of it was lettuce; spinach, arugula, and iceburg. It also had cran-raisins, a little feta cheese, walnuts, 2 sliced hard boiled eggs, some sliced black olives, 2 tsps hummus, 3 squirts of raspberry vinaigrette dressing. Water to drink. It was really good. And 1 blow pop. I'm working on having less of those in a day. :upsidedow

Afternoon- My kind of coffee.

D- 1 turkey hotdog on a whole wheat roll, mustard, ketchup, sweet relish. Broccoli slaw. Water. A few Fritos (no more than 10 --- they were small) the kids didn't eat. 1 blow pop.

Not too bad.

Mon. Jan. 30

This month is flying by!

Pre-B- My kind of coffee

*I really like the oatmeal w/ chocolate chips. It's just enough to make it taste sweet and it doesn't feel like a "ho hum" breakfast. The nuts give it a good texture and the protein gives the oatmeal staying power.

L- On the go. I grabbed a bag of almonds for a snack. Not prepared for lunch. I went to McD's and got a plain hamburger and had a handful of almonds. Water to drink. **No blow pop** I cut that one out for mid day. That is a small feat.

* To the pool for about 2 1/2 hours with the kids. They played, I swam laps while keeping and eye on them. I'd say I swam at around an hour with a few breaks here and there. I had to be creative with the strokes, but it worked. I am worn out. But it feels good.

D- A small meatball sub. I just made it with a hot dog bun. It was pre-made Italian meatballs with tomato sauce. I put a cup of steamed and pureed veggies in the sauce and mixed it well. The family liked it, so I was a happy camper. I had broccoli slaw with it. Water to drink. Just 1 blow pop today. Not bad.

Way to go on the 1/2 lb! It all adds up:) I'm going to have to try your oatmeal---I'm just worried that I will eat the chocolate chips before they make it to the oatmeal ;)

Way to go on the 1/2 lb! It all adds up:) I'm going to have to try your oatmeal---I'm just worried that I will eat the chocolate chips before they make it to the oatmeal ;)

Thanks. It's slow, but it does add up. :)

Try the oatmeal. Tastes so good. I keep the chocolate chips stored with the oatmeal. Out of sight. :upsidedow

Tue. Jan. 31

Pre-B- My kind of coffee

Late breakfast- My kind of oatmeal. Water. 2 hard boiled eggs.

I think I'll have a snacky lunch w/plenty of protein. Busy and not super hungry today.

Didn't eat lunch today. Had a late afternoon snack of a small Fuji apple w/ a Jiff to Go peanut butter cup. And water.

D- 2 pieces french toast (the bread was Nature's Own 12 grain - 70 cal.), I just used a mixture of eggs and a splash of creamer. Light syrup and 1 turkey sausage link w/ some ketchup. Water to drink.

***No blow pops today*** That is a big deal for me. I don't mind one a day. Two is pushing it. But none is great! :)

Wed. Feb. 1

Can't believe it's Feb.! January went by so fast.

Pre-B- My kind of coffee

L- A cobb salad from Arby's w/ sliced turkey. Water.

D- Ranch-Parmesan baked chicken, roasted yams, Fuji apples, and golden raisins (w/ a little honey, brown sugar, and cinnamon) and some baked beans. Water. 1 blow pop.

Thurs. Feb. 2

Pre-B- My kind of coffee.

L- Spinach salad w/ baked chicken, cranraisins, feta, hummus, about 1/2 an avocado, and I can't think of anything else that was in it except a few squirts of lite raspberry vinaigrette. Water to drink.

Afternoon coffee and 1 blow pop.

D- Baked catfish w/a light lemon pepper breading, 2 little parsnip "cakes" (like potato cakes), 2 tsp baked beans. Water.

Fri. Feb. 3

This has been a tough week. A few challenges that has worn me down some. The good news (I guess) is I don't have as much of an appetite. I wish I could get rid of this "mind cloud". But, this too shall pass.

Afternoon- My coffee.

D- I found my appetite. I was hungry. I should have eaten a handful of nuts or drank a large glass of water. But I didn't. I had 3 slices of pizza last night. I *will* say it was thin crust, so it wasn't as bad as it could have been. It had, pepperoni, ham, black olives, and mushrooms on it. Water to drink.

Oh well. Can't be good all the time. A splurge now and then isn't the worst thing. I'll just make up for it today.

Sat. Feb. 4

L- 2 slices of leftover pizza. One slice was just plain cheese. The other was a repeat of last night. Water. 1 blow pop.

* Superbowl weekend fever has hit. It got the better of me. We went out to eat and I had the best of intentions. I had talked about getting a nice chopped cob salad. I was looking forward to it, because they are very good at this restaurant. Well, the family all wanted burgers. They made the burgers sound so good! Burgers, burgers, burgers! Before I was watching what I eat, I had gotten the best burger there. And last night, I got it again. Very good. Very bad for watching weight. So there you have it.

D- Blu-cheese, bacon burger, ff, water. I shared some with the kids because they wanted to try it. Ate less of the ff than I normally would have. It must have been very heavy on the salt. I had a headache about an hour later (and my stomach was full as it could be). Woke up the next morning very thirsty. Parched. I think I have had my fill of that restaurant for a long while, even though it is fun and serves good food. But, yes the burger was fantastic. I should have had half of what I did eat. Oh well.

Sun. Feb. 5

Pre-B- My kind of coffee xs 2.

Skipped breakfast. Not good. But not hungry.

L- My usual salad. Water.

* I did buy some Weight Watcher ice cream bars last night. I haven't had any yet, but I know today will be a challenge with the excitement of the Super Bowl. Just trying to be prepared.

** Walked a mile today in 19 min..

Afternoon another cup of coffee. About 10 almonds.

D- We had Super Bowl Chili. I had a bowl with light sour cream, low fat shredded cheddar cheese, and some Fritos. Water to drink. A Weight Watchers ice cream (1 skinny what I call half of an ice cream).

Mon. Feb. 6

Pre-B- My kind of coffee x 2.

I lost 5 pounds! I don't know how that happened, because I had a number of slip ups along the way. But I'll take it! That was my mini-goal for last month! This month is the same mini goal. I'm going to try not to have as many slip ups. I might allow myself a splurge a week. Nothing too grand. I'm excited! :)

L- The same kind of cob salad I usually have. I just had 2 hard boiled eggs and a small handful of walnuts in it for the protein. The rest is about the same. Water to drink.

*1 blow pop and water

D- 1 small boneless, skinless chicken breast, green beans, potatoes (baked in the crockpot with low sodium chicken stock and some light balsamic vinaigrette dressing. It was good. Then 1 small WW ice cream. Heaven. :)

Tue. Feb. 7

B- 2 hard boiled eggs. Didn't want anything else.

* Walked for 25 min., distance: 1.25 miles. Not too bad. I'm still psyched over losing the 5 pounds! I'm going to try to keep it going. :)

Okay, the 2 eggs were not enough this morning. I needed more protein or something. Starving by lunchtime. The I'll eat anything and make it a double kind of hungry. I should have had a snack. Oh well.

L- I had the leftover green beans and potatoes from last night. It was a big portion but the seasoning were no fat, low sodium so I was okay with it. Then I really wanted something sweet. I made a snacky sweet pack, I got the idea from The Flat Belly Diet. I put together (about 20) almonds, (about 1/4 c.) chocolate chips, and a small box of raisins, shook it up and ta-da! It's pretty good. Has the protein, satisfies a sweet tooth and isn't bad on calories.

I can tell you I am having 1 blow pop today and soon. Even though I feel satisfied, I'm looking forward to a small indulgence. :)

I had the blow pop and another coffee.

D- scrambled eggs w/ some steamed and pureed broccoli added, and light shredded cheddar cheese, 3 turkey sausage links, and my downfall of the evening -- 2 orange sweet rolls. At first I wasn't going to have any. Then I told myself just 1. Then after putting a little orange icing on each one and distributing them, I just put the dagone things on my plate. The whole family loves them, myself included. I ate them. I enjoyed it. I'll make up for it during the week.

Wed. Feb. 8

L- Bowl of chili, dollop of low fat sour cream, low fat cheddar cheese, a few Fritos. 1 cherry activia yogurt w/ a few walnuts. Water to drink.

Afternoon blow pop and water.

D- Beef and gravy over whole wheat pasta, a few steamed veggies, a WW ice cream (smallish) and water.

Thurs. Feb. 9

Pre B- MK Coffee

B- MK oatmeal

L- MK of chili and cherry activia yogurt w/ walnuts. Water.

Afternoon blow pop and water.

D- Leftovers: Beef and gravy over whole wheat pasta, a few steamed veggies, strawberries dipped in chocolate about 5, a WW ice cream (smallish) and water.

Fri. Feb. 10

Pre B- MK Coffee

B- MK oatmeal

Morning snack- handful of almonds and water

L- MK of salad. Water.

Afternoon- Blow pop, water, coffee

D- 2 thin slices of PJ pizza. Water. WW ice cream. ** There is a lot of pizza left over. I'll have to eat it sparingly.

Sat. Feb. 11

Pre B- MK Coffee

B- MK oatmeal

** Weekends are a challenge. Everyone is home, relaxed, and eating. I need to plan a little better for weekends because indulgences for others are not quite the same as they are for me. :) **

L- Leftover pizza. 2 slices. WW smallish ice cream.

Afternoon coffee.

D- A sampling of things; a hard boiled egg, about 10 mini carrots w/some hummus, a wedge of laughing cow creamy swiss :love:, and an Activia yogurt (cherry) w/ a few walnuts on top. Water to drink. And a WW smallish ice cream. Really good. Ate pretty late though.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter