Update: Almost there!! Red Light/Green Light

Sun. Feb. 12

Pre B- MK Coffee x2

B- MK oatmeal (all measured)

Afternoon coffee.

L- 2 sl. leftover pizza. Water. I think that was it.

D- Busy. Worked through dinner. Wasn't hungry. Feeling a little stressed too.

Mon. Feb. 13

Pre B- MK Coffee x2

B- Skipped. Stressed. Wasn't hungry. I *did* make myself eat a few almonds so when my appetite came back I wouldn't blow it.

Afternoon- coffee. A few almonds

L- Not feeling it. Ate 1/3 of my usual salad. Just because I should. Maybe this stress thing will work for me in one way. It definitely decreases my appetite. Although I'd rather be done with it.

D- Hamburger no patty, no condiment, cooked at home. Three bean salad made at home (kidney bean, chick peas, green beans w/ red wine vinegar, garlic, coarse pepper) -- I skipped some of the ingredients I didn't care for. Water to drink.

Tue. Feb. 14

Pre B- MK Coffee

B- MK oatmeal. Smaller.

Morning snack- handful of almonds, water

L- 1/2 of MK of salad, 1 cherry activia w/ walnuts. Water.

Afternoon coffee, blow pop.

D- About a 5 oz steak, baked potato, 1 small sugar cookie (Valentine) Water.

Wed. Feb. 15

Pre B- MK Coffee x2

B- MK oatmeal. Smaller. Measured 1/3 c. choco chips & walnuts. Water

* Oh, I'm down another 2 lbs.. I think it's the stress more than watching what I eat, but I'll take it. My mini-goal is 5 lbs for this month. I'm on my way. Funny thing is, after I reach this next mini-goal, I'll be 5 pounds away from what I weighed last year at this time. I was trying to lose weight then. :upsidedow The pounds just crept up on me. :tiptoe: If I were to give an overall goal, I would want to lose 20 pounds total. I felt good at that weight. My family thinks that's too thin. I would be thrilled with a loss of 15.

Anyway, I'm glad to see progress.

L- A big, big bowl of three bean salad. Nothing fattening about it. Heated it. Good. Also a cherry activia w/ a few walnuts. Water.

Afternoon coffee.

D- chicken & whole wheat pasta w/tomato and basil cream cheese and green & red peppers. So good! 1 sl. of garlic bread. 1 very small dish of apple crisp. Probably 1/4 of what I normally would have. Good dinner.

Thurs. Feb. 16

Pre B- MK Coffee x2

B- MK oatmeal. Water

Mid morning- Handful of almonds, water

L- Same as yesterday. A big, big bowl of three bean salad and a cherry activia w/ a few walnuts. Water.

Nothing exciting. Sometimes it seems like ground hog day. Same old, same old.
But I like the food. So there it is.

Afternoon coffee, a handful of almonds. Water

D- scrambled eggs w/ sauteed onions (in whipped margarine) & about 1/3 c. shredded cheddar cheese, 3 turkey sausage links, 2 reduced fat cinnamon buns. Water to drink. All in all not a bad dinner. The amount of turkey sausage was high and 1 bun would have done better. I was hungry. Still not the worst thing.

Fri. Feb. 17

Pre B- MK Coffee x2

B- MK oatmeal. Water

Mid morning- Handful of almonds, water

L- Skipped. Not hungry.

Afternoon- Water. Blow pop.

Later afternoon- Coffee, handful of almonds to head off being super hungry at dinner.

D- Pizza. 3 slices. Yep. 3. Wasn't terribly hungry. It tasted good. Should have stopped at 2. And to top it off, I had a medium size bowl of apple crisp.
Yes. It was a splurge night. It was good. Probably should eat a salad w/the pizza and have one slice. So hard to do. Love, love, love pizza. But I can do it. At least stop at 2, even on a splurge night. And a small bowl of apple crisp would have been better. Or a different dessert. Some things to think about.

Sat. Feb. 18

Pre B- MK Coffee x2

B- MK oatmeal. Water

Afternoon- Water. A handful of almonds.

L- Fuji apple slices w/ a Jiff to Go p-nut butter, cherry activia yogurt w/ walnuts, 2 hard boiled eggs. Water.

:cool1::banana::cool1:Way to go with the 7lb weight loss in two weeks that is fantastic!!!

Thanks. I actually started watching what I eat before I started journaling here. It took longer than 2 weeks. It was around a month for the first 5 pounds. I went ahead and counted it because it was still progress, just not recorded earlier.

----------------------------------

Haven't been recording what I eat lately. It's pretty much the same type of stuff. Oatmeal, salads/veggies/fruit, trying to eat leaner meats and trying to stay away from fried foods.

I have seen a pattern of not watching portion sizes as closely as I should. Splurging a little too often. Not really counting the little splurges. Too much pizza. Sugar is still finding it's way into my diet. I need to kick it out completely.

So even though I haven't been journaling, I am thinking. I do need to get back into jotting things down.

I know, for myself, I don't journal that often anymore. However, I know that when I feel myself slipping, a week of journaling gets me back in gear! Great job so far!

Tue. Mar. 6 '12

Well, I have maintained the 7 lb. weight loss. Kind of stalled on that note. I started walking again today. Did a mile early this morning. Also, I'm re-thinking some food choices. I have cut back to one cup of coffee in the morning. While I love my oatmeal, I think I'll step it back to a time or two a week. So,

B- 2 boiled eggs, 1 fuji apple w/ 1 Tbs p-nut butter, water.

Wed. Mar. 7 '12

Walked a mile this morning.

B- 1 hard boiled egg, 1 activia cherry yogurt w/ a few walnuts, and some raisins, cashews, almonds, and a few chocolate chips.

Planning our pizza night so that it is healthier and still super kid friendly. Might have to make 2 pizzas. I can make it healthier for both, but there are certain things the kids will want.

Thurs. Mar. 8 '12

Walked a mile.

Staying with a lighter breakfast. Same type of lunches and dinners.

Sat. Mar. 17 '12

Have continued with healthier eating choices. Dropped the pizza altogether. No soda. No added salt and low salt products. Low sugar products. Added more exercise. But can do better.

I'm at a plateau. Maintaining the 7 lb. weight loss, but haven't pressed forward yet. Yesterday I walked 2 miles and biked 8 miles. Going to try to increase the exercise when I can and press on.

At least I'm maintaining. But dang, I'd love to see that scale go down! :)

Finally starting to see the goal within reach! I'm excited and so happy!

I do think I will tweak my eating habits some more and increase some exercise. The last bit I want to lose is going a little slower. Think I've hit a plateau but not too bad.

Once I reach my goal completely, I will set a new goal and make plans so I can maintain fitness.

It's been a long road. It took a really long time to find a balance of the right foods *that I enjoy* and are healthy and the right kind of exercise *for me* that I enjoy and see benefits.

I think I might start journaling the food I eat again for a bit to see what areas I can tweak.

But for now :banana: :banana: :banana: happy dance! :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter