UPDATED 01/14/20 - The FW DISMeet 2020-See Post #283 For Latest News and Updates

The current announcement of park reservations beginning later this month (June) is only for park days out through late September. <EDIT: I may not have this right>

You would think that those people like us sitting on a resort reservation for nearly a year who didn't have to buy tix by late March would STILL be given preference to buy tix and make a park reservation before they allow ticket purchases and new resort reservations for late 2020 (people who currently hold nothing).

I mean, you would think so, right? :confused3

Ed

Last edited:
Looks like our cruise is getting cancelled on Sept 6. They just announced all cruise lines voluntary cancelling cruise until Sept. 15.

The email I got today from Disney. I assume you all got it.
Screenshot_20200619-181816_Yahoo Mail.jpg

Is this the one you were referring to Ed?

The email I got today from Disney. I assume you all got it.

Is this the one you were referring to Ed?

Well I didn't get it because I wasn't holding any tickets of any kind yet for October. It appears it was sent even to those who might have had the Halloween party tix that were cancelled the last couple days.

So they are cutting loose (soon) the park reservations for current tix holders.

On June 28, 2020 they are releasing the 2021 resort rates and allowing tix purchasing for 2021 arrivals.

That makes me think at some point in mid/late July they will back up and open tix purchases and park reservations to those of us with current resort reservations in 2020.

I could get out over the tips of my skis ......

bth102929LARGE.jpg

and start panicking now.

But it's too soon to panic at this point.

I'm willing to give it until late July before I start getting choked up if nothing is happening. Gonna save my face plant for later.

Bama Ed

Last edited:

Hi Bama Ed!

My family and I are hoping that we might be able to take advantage of a couple of the RV spots the DISMeet have left, if we are able too.

I saw you respond to another member’s post whose original vacation got canceled due to COVID, and she now is unable to get reservations at The Fort during the time she needs to reschedule. We are in a similar predicament.

I have been a lurker in these threads for YEARS but was always too shy to post 😊 However, with great need comes great strength – so, I thought I would break the silence to reach out and say ‘howdy’!

I don’t think I am able to PM yet, as I don’t have enough posts. But, I wanted to see if it would be a possibility to snag some of the slots still open on the reservation sheet you posted. And, I hope I’m not breaking any DISMeet rules of etiquette by not posting before…

Also – my family and I live in Alabama, but alas, we are Aggies (not sure if that helps are hurts our case)

Below is the original contents of Post #1 moved here on 06/11/19. This was originally posted on 06/05/19.

Send me a PM if you are interested in booking a campsite on the contract and I will reply with more information (rates, process) once the Early Interest Priority period ends.

Bama Ed

Hi Bama Ed!

My family and I are hoping that we might be able to take advantage of a couple of the RV spots the DISMeet have left, if we are able too.

I saw you respond to another member’s post whose original vacation got canceled due to COVID, and she now is unable to get reservations at The Fort during the time she needs to reschedule. We are in a similar predicament.

I have been a lurker in these threads for YEARS but was always too shy to post 😊 However, with great need comes great strength – so, I thought I would break the silence to reach out and say ‘howdy’!

I don’t think I am able to PM yet, as I don’t have enough posts. But, I wanted to see if it would be a possibility to snag some of the slots still open on the reservation sheet you posted. And, I hope I’m not breaking any DISMeet rules of etiquette by not posting before…

Also – my family and I live in Alabama, but alas, we are Aggies (not sure if that helps are hurts our case)

Well, howdy. :welcome: to the DIS Camping Board :disrocks: .

We might be able to help you, SwimSwamSwum.

Unfortunately you will need to post at least 10 times before you are able to send or receive a Private Message. There is a PDF form used in the process and I chose early on to use the PM process for the form as the sole means of conveying said form (as opposed to email) for the privacy and security of both parties (and I certainly wasn't going to open post it).

I just posted a new thread on the main board:

https://www.disboards.com/threads/d...er-dismeet-has-sites-available-still.3804983/

It has the highlights of post #2 from this thread with updates on availability (very few for the first week, more for the second week). Don't know if you saw that also.

So post replies to any threads on the DIS (on any forum not just camping). They can be simple like saying "good to know". They don't have to be long. But you need to have 10 posts then send me a PM (envelope symbol in blue DIS menu bar at top right). Now, a message exchange is called a "conversation" so choose the option on the envelope for "Start a Conversation".

When I get your message I will send more details re: process with the form.

Bama Ed

Well, howdy. :welcome: to the DIS Camping Board :disrocks: .

We might be able to help you, SwimSwamSwum.

When I get your message I will send more details re: process with the form.

Bama Ed

Thanks for the info, Bama Ed!

I hope to be in contact via PM, soon!

Howdy and :welcome: You've picked a great place to land here with The Fort crew

BUYING your WDW PARK TICKETS. I did my Park Resv yesterday since I have annual pass (won’t give you gory details, they had major glitches yesterday, alls good today!) Hoping you got a letter or email from Disney but if you didn’t I saw a little note on bottom of one pages on dates for everything and noticed one that should help you. If you have resort only reservation to call the Disney Reservation Center on June 24 to buy tickets.

ALso, I was able to make park reservation for 3 trips, one park per day. I this meet Oct trip plus my December trip and April 2021 trip. You should be able to get one per day of whatever disney resort stay you have once you have tickets.

HI swimswam, welcome. look forward to meeting you, we’re new to this too and will be meeting everyone for first time in October. As you can see from posts, VERY friendly group.

HI swimswam, welcome. look forward to meeting you, we’re new to this too and will be meeting everyone for first time in October. As you can see from posts, VERY friendly group.

Yes! Everyone has been very friendly and helpful!

We haven't reserved our park days in October yet, even though we do have tickets. Right now, they aren't taking reservations for the Wild Africa Trek which is what we originally had planned for my daughter's birthday (and that got canceled). I guess it was wishful thinking that I assumed we would be able to make those reservations once the park reservations went up yesterday... 😣

We are bouncing around on whether to do the parks in October, or just enjoy being at the Fort, and hit the parks once we can do the things we had planned. Regardless, we are very excited about meeting everyone at the Meet!

Got something done that I should have done a long time ago.

My green DIS-head sign with Musket Mickey and my DIS name that I set out by my campsite has been wrong for the last three years. I made the original sign (with my hometown at the time) in April of 2009. So when camping at a DISMeet or at the Fort I would put it out with my wooden Musket Mickey sign and Bama feather. My campsite would look like this (Fort March 2018 photo 1500 loop):

But I moved back in 2017 and while camping since then I would still put out the green sign with the Hoover, AL hometown listing which was now wrong. So some guy had put a blank green DIS sign template with Musket Mickey on a sticky Fort FAQ-type thread in post #7:

see post #7

And I literally followed the simple instructions (again). Download the graphic from post #7 and follow the link or search the interwebz for the font called "Waltograph". Then using the simple MS Paint program (I'm not techie) I experimented with overlaying different text/font boxes (transparent background) and bold (or not) and different font size to overlay the text.

Save the design as a jpeg. Then go to VistaPrint on the web and choose from their menu "Signs and Banners" then "Yard Signs" and follow the instructions to upload your own design. This the 12x18 sign (smallest) and got it printed on both sides. Two signs printed on both sides (I got a spare) was about $42 with tax and shipping. Find in your neighborhood some wire stands from an old political campaign or event or yard sale that never got picked up and discarded. I think the small size is okay since at campground people are close to the sign either walking, biking, or driving past.

Getting ready for the Fort DISMeet little by little. I would like to get a new wooden Musket Mickey sign with two sided design some day (MM on one side, a palm tree/beach motive on the other) and a crisper more contrasting wood design (light color natural wood with the dark accent. I think my sign has a lot of UV from the years of use.

The green DIS sign at the Fort lets people (and DISsers) know who you are and where you are. Post yours with pride! :disrocks: Mine has been the source of many an interesting conversation with other campers who see it and want to stop and talk.

Bama Ed

PS - if you need help with a sign, pm me. but it's pretty simple - even i could figure it out. And it's not my design but the bits and pieces over the years have been shared freely in the history of the Camping Board to identify DIS members at the Fort or other campgrounds.

PPS - Musket Mickey is a symbol of Fort Wilderness dating back for decades. I am currently using the graphic as my avatar but MM is much bigger than one person - he is synonymous with Fort and an iconic symbol of the best resort at Walt Disney World.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter