UPDATED 01/14/20 - The FW DISMeet 2020-See Post #283 For Latest News and Updates

You inspired me! I just ordered our sign and a mug 😂. We will miss the DisMeet by a day, but will be there the 11 days prior. Hope to meet you. You've helped me out with questions multiple times over the years!

Good ol' VistaPrint is pretty persistent with those last minute purchases for the logo in question as you close out the shopping basket. Mug? T-shirt? Mouse pad? Wrap around skin for your $100k ski boat? They're all tempting, I have to say.........

@Disneyforus some people are coming earlier. What are your dates?

Yes, tigger92662 is right, some folks are coming in as soon as 10/4/20. IIRC I come in 10/10/20 (Sat). Pay attention to our DIS Meet thread as we will know ahead of time what loop we will be in (supposedly). Part of the fun is "you visit my DIS sign site" and then I return the favor and visit yours.

I will say having used the sign for over a decade, simply doing this: "post it (out by the road) and they will come" is low probability. Post here on the DIS during your trip, tell us your site number, and you'd be surprised who will show up. Go looking for others and they will in turn seek you out. If I've learned one thing over the years, the "lurkers" out there on the interwebz of the DIS Camping Board are far more numerous than you would think. And every single one of them have been nice people (except the lady from Lee County got scared when her young son started shouting "Roll Tide". With only a little help from me. :rolleyes: ). But that was a LONG time ago (if I have to explain it, :sad2: ).

Come looking for us, Disneyforus, before we come looking for you!

Bama Ed

Last edited:

Well I was able this morning to go on-line and purchase tickets and make park reservations for our trip in February 2021. I already had a room-only reservation (Preferred site for a week) and it was pretty smooth. When purchasing the tickets first, though, I mistakenly chose my dad to assign a ticket to - we have same first/last names and our accounts are linked so we can see each other in the drop-down choices) so I had to log into his account as him, transfer the ticket back to me, THEN do the park reservations.

What's relevant to the DIS Meet in October, though, in this story above is that when buying the ticket, they have a link to a tool to check for park reservation availability which is color-coded. My DD who was in the College Program had a similar tool available when she was a Cast Member about when CM's could enter parks for free or were blocked out. I think a similar tool is available to Pass Holders.

But ANYWAY ....... :rolleyes:

Although you could only buy tickets starting 1/1/21, the availability tool was apparently updated and working back into 2020. Here is the July 2020 view as the parks are closed early next month, phase into being open, and then are all open later in the month.

Park Availability Tool Snip Jul20 062820.PNG

Naturally I was interested in the October status and it was still wide open.

Park Availability Tool Snip Oct20 062820.PNG

So I feel a little bit less stressed and will keep watching October status until they open up tix purchases for 2020 "later this summer". The snips above are for "Ticket Guests" which prolly means staying off-site but for the DISMeet we would check for Resort Guests as we are definitely staying on property.

EDIT: I linked the URL for the calendar tool but it didn't work after I saved the post. So just go to the Disneyworld ticket webbie and pretend to start buying a ticket (even for 2021) and the calendar tool/link will pop up early on at the top.

Bama Ed

Last edited:
Ed,

Donna and I had 4 day hopper tickets from our April, then June cancelled trips. I was able to make 4 days of park reservations a few days ago as they were extended to cover October. Everything was open through August to the end of year. I was wanting to upgrade tickets to at least 10 day tickets, but have to wait. Ian and his friend don't have any tickets yet, so I'll be stalking the web site like everyone else.

Good to see there is still a lot of availability. I'm guessing that will change once they open it up to tickets only (no on site stay reservation).

j

Ed,

Donna and I had 4 day hopper tickets from our April, then June cancelled trips. I was able to make 4 days of park reservations a few days ago as they were extended to cover October. Everything was open through August to the end of year. I was wanting to upgrade tickets to at least 10 day tickets, but have to wait. Ian and his friend don't have any tickets yet, so I'll be stalking the web site like everyone else.

Good to see there is still a lot of availability. I'm guessing that will change once they open it up to tickets only (no on site stay reservation).

j

Ten day tickets sounds like a great plan, Jim. You'll have to tell me what it was like when you see me.

I daydream about retiring some day and taking a two week Fort vacation in late Jan-early Feb to celebrate and splurge on 10-day tickets. Personally while I like the Fort very much, I've never stayed longer than a week and two weeks might be the point where even me gets antsy to go home.

So yes, we're all still playing a waiting game in many respects.

Ed

Last edited:

Right now, we still have 15 days booked at the Fort in October. I think we will likely be shortening that to 9 or 10. Currently thinking we will arrive October 8th and stay until the 16th, but we haven't changed anything yet. Depends on if we can get additional tickets for Ian and add to ours.

If tickets or park reservations aren't available, we may check out Universal and the beaches.

j

If tickets or park reservations aren't available, we may check out Universal and the beaches.

This..

Of course, with cases spiking we might see another delay. DL already decided to postpone opening again.

Now I have a bigger problem. While camping this weekend I got involved in a conference call with administration and my Emergency Department director. They are cutting two physicians. Now instead of two docs and an NP, it'll just be one doc and an NP. This starts in August and all vacation in August and September is suspended in order to make sure shifts are covered.

Hospitals around here got hit hard when they had to cancel OP procedures and electives. Hospital up street just cut staff and hours. DW found out this week her hours are cut too.

Hospitals around here got hit hard when they had to cancel OP procedures and electives. Hospital up street just cut staff and hours. DW found out this week her hours are cut too.
I think we all got hit with the cuts. I work for Periop (operating rooms and all the departments to support them). We generate 49% of the revenue for the hospital. Through the last part of March, all of April and much of May, we were only doing 30% of our cases. We are back to 95-105% now. We cut all agency staff and eliminated premium pay (overtime, shift bonus, incentive pay for picking up extra shifts) and now we are having trouble staffing in patient beds. No bedside nurses were furloughed and we didn't do any layoffs. The other 2 major systems in the market (SSM and Mercy) both did furloughs and layoffs.

It's going to be interesting, especially as COVID continues hitting some areas hard. When it was older folks, many had Medicare that may not pay well, but pays something. The younger population isn't as well insured and with a lot of the southern states not expanding Medcaid under the ACA, hospitals will have a lot of "self pay/charity" care. It's going to be an interesting ride for a while.

j

Yep

I'm keeping my GSP trip in July, but the usual trips to the outlets is suspended. DW in agreement.

After that it'll just be local camping except for October.

Was watching some live footage from the DIS this morning at the Magic Kingdom...let me go now!!!! I'm trying to find a weekend to go. I don't care, just get me there. Masks or not...I'll live. I need some Disney happiness in my life!

I just posted on the Camping Board.

The longest 2020 tickets you can get are 7 days. For resort guests, all parks are available right now for October.

j

Whew!

I got my October 2020 tickets this morning but couldn't get the Park Reservations made. I was directed to call Technical Help and the issue turned out to be that the system can't distinguish ticket media if there are more than one ticket under my name (I have already bought tickets and made reservations for the February 2021 trip).

There is a work-around, though, which the CM used and now we are all set for October AND February on campsites and tickets and park reservations. Today's hold time was 1 hr 40 min (after several tries of "all circuits are busy") but it's done and over with.

Next will be ADR's in the new 60 day window.

Bama Ed

Last edited:
Was watching some live footage from the DIS this morning at the Magic Kingdom...let me go now!!!! I'm trying to find a weekend to go. I don't care, just get me there. Masks or not...I'll live. I need some Disney happiness in my life!

Arc,

My DD you met at Gulf State Park was streaming yesterday (CM preview) and today (AP preview) and will likely tomorrow as well for the second AP day. She's my Spring 2018 Disney College Program girl if you recall.

It's driving her crazy too.

Although I saw a pic yesterday of people standing in a food line in Fantasyland and they were all of 6 inches apart (no extra distancing). Whatever.

Bama Ed

For anyone coming to the DIS Meet that is on the group reservation.

If you need to modify your dates or add/remove people from your reservation, you can do it yourself (vs going through Spann Travel- Nancy is overwhelmed. I talked to her early this morning) Nancy gave me a "group reservation" number that can modify your details. It also had the option on the phone queue to add discount group/convention tickets. Although I'm not sure we qualify for that.

The best part, the group reservation line answered in seconds and did everything I needed (change arrival date and added a person to the reservation).

Group Reservations: 407-939-4686 Option 1, then Option 5

I was amazed.

As a comparison, I was on hold for 96 minutes to straighten out an MDE problem on Ian's friends account.

All 4 of us now have 7 day tickets and 7 park reservations. Just waiting for the 60 day mark to make FP and ADRs.

j

After spending nearly an hour on hold, I was able to secure us 4 days of park tickets and have made my park reservations. Tues, HS, Wed, MK, Thur, AK and Fri HS. Sun is our arrival and Monday is just hanging at campsite, maybe a trip to DS to World of Coke.

13th we do MK and 15th its HS. 12th is down day and planned Dismeet. I'm going to sneak in some Universal in there somewhere.

Maybe get @snowmedic to show us around Cocoa Beach.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter