Using GAC @ Shows

ladydancer

Loves to Dance
I will be taking my grandkids to WDW in Oct. This will be the first trip for my DGS 5 who is autisic. I'm trying to understand how the card works. I have read that some of these shows you should get in line up to an hour prior to the show starting. There is no way he can wait in line for an hour. Does anyone know if there is a special waiting area for the shows? What would be the lastest we could get there and make the show. Don't want to spend time waiting with him. I want him to be able to see the "Bear In The Big Blue House". That is his absolute favorite. If we have to wait we will have to skip it.

Thanks for any advice.

When we went to the Bear in the Big Blue House show, we checked in with the CM about 15 minutes before the show was about to start with our GAC. They instructed us where to wait in a seperate area. We walked around for a few minutes more and then went to the assigned area. When it was time for the show, we and other guests in that area were taken in and seated in the handicapped section at the show. Hope this helps.
Angela

When you go to Guest Services to request a Guest Assistance Card, you explain the difficulties you think you will have. Then the CMs know what sorts of accomidation you need to meet your needs. In your case, you would need a quieter, less crowded place to wait. Although some people with the same diagnosis/condition have similar needs, each person is an individual. What is a big problem for your DGS, may not be a problem for someone else.
This website, Pixie Dust Inn has a lot of helpful advice for people touring with family members on the autism spectrum.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter