VDH Opening

Don't need a whole week of points to prevent someone else from booking with their whole-week-of-points. Just need 2 people booking at least 2 nights each who are better at booking or more aggressive at walking.
True, you still need two 'someones' to be willing to do that every day for a long time and also have enough points to walk across the higher point-cost nights. IMO, as a large point owner, it wouldn't be hard to find a spot to begin a walk - and move it along every 5 or 6 days. YMMV.

I wanted to search this thread, but not sure how… maybe someone can tell me what the bottomline is to purchase 150 points with the incentive discount ($210), as well as magic beginnings? ($188?)
When i use the add on tool it doesn’t show both discounts.
Im guessing multiple people did this exact scenario.?

I wanted to search this thread, but not sure how… maybe someone can tell me what the bottomline is to purchase 150 points with the incentive discount ($210), as well as magic beginnings? ($188?)
When i use the add on tool it doesn’t show both discounts.
Im guessing multiple people did this exact scenario.?
IMG_7063.jpeg
This is what they gave us the other day at the DVC event. Current incentives is $2950 and if you sell your first year of points back (MB) that’s another $3300. So your bottom line is $28250 + closing costs which will depend on if you’re splitting the contracts or not. This is pricing for current members adding on which is $50 more than the initial promotion. I’m not sure if the new member promos are similar.

View attachment 779709
This is what they gave us the other day at the DVC event. Current incentives is $2950 and if you sell your first year of points back (MB) that’s another $3300. So your bottom line is $28250 + closing costs which will depend on if you’re splitting the contracts or not. This is pricing for current members adding on which is $50 more than the initial promotion. I’m not sure if the new member promos are similar.
Hmm. $50 more of a discount or $50 more in cost?
And is new member vs add-on different?
I thought the only difference was add-on could buy 50 points where a new member had to buy 100.

Hmm. $50 more of a discount or $50 more in cost?
And is new member vs add-on different?
I thought the only difference was add-on could buy 50 points where a new member had to buy 100.
I saved $50 more when I bought in first week of May. I don’t know the details but I believe new members have different discounts compared to current members. This is typically the case but I don’t have details for for VDH exactly. But what I have is what was provided for current members.

*edit to add - start at page 150 which is 5/30/23 when new members can add VDH. If you’re a new member don’t forget to get a Dream It Forward referral. If you’re a current member then what I provided above is correct.

Last edited:
Ah yea, the dream it forward, i forgot about that one too.
I am actually looking at a 60pt contract to add-on, but i also have friends that i travel with so was thinking we could split 150 and save a bunch. They would be new members, but obviously if add-on was cheaper we could go that route too, which is why i was trying to get a bottomline number.
Thanks

Ah yea, the dream it forward, i forgot about that one too.
I am actually looking at a 60pt contract to add-on, but i also have friends that i travel with so was thinking we could split 150 and save a bunch. They would be new members, but obviously if add-on was cheaper we could go that route too, which is why i was trying to get a bottomline number.
Thanks

You realize that if both of you are on the purchase, then it’s a new membership since it would be different owners than your current one.
You’d qualify for member pricing, because you are a member, but one contract would have to be 100 points as that is the minimum for a new membership, even for owners as it’s no longer an add on.

You realize that if both of you are on the purchase, then it’s a new membership since it would be different owners than your current one.
You’d qualify for member pricing, because you are a member, but one contract would have to be 100 points as that is the minimum for a new membership, even for owners as it’s no longer an add on.
Yea if i was splitting with them it would be 150 (50x3 or 75x2), but I was thinking if it was better for an add-on i would just add it on to mine, and if it was better to be new we would make it new. But i do see the issue with the add-on now would be its all mine not shared.

Yea if i was splitting with them it would be 150 (50x3 or 75x2), but I was thinking if it was better for an add-on i would just add it on to mine, and if it was better to be new we would make it new. But i do see the issue with the add-on now would be its all mine not shared.

They can’t become an owner on a contract for less than 100 points which is why doing the add on, as you say, means you are the only actual owner,

Even if you wanted a new UY, they would make you get at least one contract 100…they would not split them lower. When I did a new June UY last year with VGF, it had to be one 150 point contract since it was a new membership, but the 150 I was doing in a Dec UY, which I already owned, could be broken down lower had I wanted to do that.

They can’t become an owner on a contract for less than 100 points which is why doing the add on, as you say, means you are the only actual owner,

Even if you wanted a new UY, they would make you get at least one contract 100…they would not split them lower. When I did a new June UY last year with VGF, it had to be one 150 point contract since it was a new membership, but the 150 I was doing in a Dec UY, which I already owned, could be broken down lower had I wanted to do that.
Gotch, so add-on I would be the sole owner (which would be fine), but new we both can be owners, but 1 would have to be 100 points.? (so the other portion could be 50 or no?)

Gotch, so add-on I would be the sole owner (which would be fine), but new we both can be owners, but 1 would have to be 100 points.? (so the other portion could be 50 or no?)

Yes, you can do 100 and 50 if you buy together, it becomes a new membership for you…so you can’t use the points with your other points without a transfer…but each of you would be an owner and each eligible for membership extras since the new membership has the 150.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter