VDH Opening

Please don’t include “exclusive” in the title of your thread. This is not that other social media site where someone who is not an owner would not be “approved” to read and learn and ask questions about VDH. The chances of my becoming an owner of VDH are essentially nil, but you can be sure I’ll want to read your thread when planning a stay there, because I’ll know that’s where the most accurate and up to date information will be. That’s probably the reason that some resort-specific threads are “owners and lovers” threads.
Got it. Scratch exclusive.

Got it. Scratch exclusive.

Good call. One of the best perks of DVC is the exchange in the program and I’m hopeful that VDH will have more east coast people make more trips west just as joining DVC and buying in (at first only at VGC) made me want to investigate WDW resorts and consider buying there. I love meeting members from all over and learning about WDW and it’s resorts from them.

As for a name for the thread… I would love if we can fit the tower’s name into the title “Discovery Tower”

Perhaps - “Villas at Disneyland Hotel (Discovery Tower) Owners and Lovers Thread”

Just got an email that I had to do a new DocuSign. Apparently has to do a previously unanswered question (that maybe wasn't on the original form) whether I am a 100% disabled veteran. Anyone else get this notice? I thought the email was phishing at first but it's real.

Systems error.png

Just got an email that I had to do a new DocuSign. Apparently has to do a previously unanswered question (that maybe wasn't on the original form) whether I am a 100% disabled veteran. Anyone else get this notice? I thought the email was phishing at first but it's real.

View attachment 775946
I had to do the same. The weird thing is that all of the paperwork had to be signed twice (x3 contracts) since I included my mother on the contract. This issue correction document only went to me though an only had a spot for me to sign it (x3 contracts).

With the dues here, was it's Disney's decision to separate them the way they have or was it forced by Anaheim?

I don't think anyone knows for sure. There is speculation that Disney didn't ask for a cheaper rate, since they had given up the rights for less taxes when they were going to build that really expensive hotel and had the skirmish with the Anaheim city council. But who knows :confused3

I don't think anyone knows for sure. There is speculation that Disney didn't ask for a cheaper rate, since they had given up the rights for less taxes when they were going to build that really expensive hotel and had the skirmish with the Anaheim city council. But who knows :confused3
If it wasn't forced, then Disney knew a $12-$13 dues point would look horrible and didn't want that on them?

It wasn’t forced. After the luxury hotel fiasco, Disney pulled out of the tax break incentive program that Anaheim was offering to hotels for new construction, which I think 2 other hotels took advantage of at the time. This is all Disney, not Anaheim.

It wasn’t forced. After the luxury hotel fiasco, Disney pulled out of the tax break incentive program that Anaheim was offering to hotels for new construction, which I think 2 other hotels took advantage of at the time. This is all Disney, not Anaheim.
I started a whole thread a couple of months back (with some great contribution from you) adding some context and details to the whole fiasco, including a few good links to articles here in So Cal. If anyone is interested in learning more, they can find it here:

Don't Like the VDH Transient Occupancy Tax? Blame Disney (Sorta)

Last edited:
That is what I was thinking. Disney didn't want to put out what the dues really are. They are trying to spin it in their favor.

I have no dog in the fight and never will, but how long before the "dues" here are over $15 a point?

I have no dog in the fight and never will, but how long before the "dues" here are over $15 a point?
“Dues” as in annual dues or “dues” as in tot tax? Not sure why it’s in quotes.

Anyways….annual dues generally seem to increase 1-4% a year. I’d guess VDH won’t really see an increase if any in annual dues the first 5 years or so, after that, you can figure it out from there based on the 1-4% annual increase. But if you’ve got no dog in the fight does it matter 😉

Anyways….annual dues generally seem to increase 1-4% a year. I’d guess VDH won’t really see an increase if any in annual dues the first 5 years or so, after that, you can figure it out from there based on the 1-4% annual increase. But if you’ve got no dog in the fight does it matter 😉
What about a mouse!?!?!? :)

I just find it very interesting how Disney tried to spin the true cost of the dues in their favor.

I just find it very interesting how Disney tried to spin the true cost of the dues in their favor.

The TOT tax is something applicable to CA properties and people using the resort need to pay it

While it was rolled into the VGC dues, it isn’t something that DVd benefits from as it’s something paid to the stste

I personally think it made sense for it to be separated out for owners there. It means when they exchange out of their resort, they don’t have to pay it, those trading in do.

Given it’s so high, it’s actually better for an owner. Had it been rolled in, it would have been paid by the owners of VDH, whether they used their points there or not.

So, IMO, it is in owners’ favor to have it paid for those who stay at the resort.

Now, thst doesn’t change the fact that Disney walked away years ago from potentially having that tax lower..but, in this case, given it is the rate it is, they did it the most advantageous for owners.

Now, thst doesn’t change the fact that Disney walked away years ago from potentially having that tax lower..but, in this case, given it is the rate it is, they did it the most advantageous for owners.
It’s what D’Amarro felt he had to do for the city to be in more favor of Disneyland Forward. At least that’s what people are speculating. I think he could have gotten both, especially coming after the pandemic when Anaheim realized they are economically screwed without Disneyland. Water under the bridge at this point. VDH appears to be selling well regardless so maybe the right balance was achieved.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter