Venture outside your comfort zone: the rewards are worth it! KSellers88’s Journal (Comments Welcome)

I'll post a more detailed recap once I return home because Disney's wifi is not cooperating very well. LOL. I had so much fun running the Fairy Tale Challenge this weekend though! I finished the 10K in a little over an hour and the half in 2:09 with lots of character stops in both. I did stick to my training plan and made sure I was running at a least a 9:10 pace when I was actually running though!

I hope everyone who ran had a great time and that you all have a great week. We will be at Disney until Saturday, so I'll be pretty quiet on here until this weekend. :jumping1:

So glad to hear you had a great time at the Princess races! Also seriously impressed by your pacing! Maybe someday I'll figure out how to pace. I always end up in la la land while training and it's hard to keep pace when not paying attention.

Yay! Can’t wait to read all about it!

I'm working on it! LOL. My memory is apparently horrible.

Congrats!!

Thanks!

So glad you had good races! I can't wait to hear (read) more about them!!

Thanks so much!

So glad to hear you had a great time at the Princess races! Also seriously impressed by your pacing! Maybe someday I'll figure out how to pace. I always end up in la la land while training and it's hard to keep pace when not paying attention.

LOL! For some reason I do so well in training and then on race day I psyche myself out and slow way down. So I need to be more like you when it comes to race day and get some PRs!

I'll post a more detailed recap once I return home because Disney's wifi is not cooperating very well. LOL. I had so much fun running the Fairy Tale Challenge this weekend though! I finished the 10K in a little over an hour and the half in 2:09 with lots of character stops in both. I did stick to my training plan and made sure I was running at a least a 9:10 pace when I was actually running though!

I hope everyone who ran had a great time and that you all have a great week. We will be at Disney until Saturday, so I'll be pretty quiet on here until this weekend. :jumping1:

Congrats on finishing the challenge! Those are AMAZING times! I'm aiming for the challenge in two years, I hope I can be as speedy as you are! :)

Disney Princess Half Marathon Weekend Recap: Part One

Ok, guys. I have the worst memory ever so I’m going to try my best and see how it goes!
IMG_2722.jpg
We left for Disney on Friday, February 23rd and went straight to the expo upon arrival. Lines were not bad at all, I got my bib, shirts, ornament and we were in and out within an hour. Then we headed to check in at Bay Lake Tower and zoomed over to Disney Springs for our 5:20 reservation at Homecoming. Friday was a bit hectic, so luckily @DopeyBadger let me skip my planned run for the day.

My 2:45 alarm was a joy to wake up to on Saturday morning, LOL. I got dressed, ate my protein par, drank my water, and took all my vitamins to head to the bus right at 3:30. We arrived at Epcot around 3:55. I never check any gear, so I just found a spot to sit down prior to heading to my corral.

They opened corrals around 4:30, and I got in line for a porta potty near the corrals at 4:45, but did not have time to use one before they announced they were closing corral A at 4:55. I made the dangerous decision to hold it and wait for the first porta potty on the course. Y’all, this may be TMI but I will NEVER EVER make this mistake again. Those 30 minutes waiting for the start were seriously torture. I thought my bladder was going to explode and I was unsure I’d even be able to run without having an accident. LOL. Luckily we got started and I was super close to the front and able to start running with no issues…unfortunately Disney decided bathroom stops weren’t necessary until mile 2 and I have never been so happy to see a porta potty.
IMG_3111.jpg
The only characters I stopped for during the 10k were Pluto and Goofy and I honestly do not remember who any of the others were. One of my favorite parts of the 10K is running through the Boardwalk area and it did not disappoint. I was supposed to be running this race at LR pace (9:10) and my splits were 9:11, 10:57 (pit stop), 9:09, 9:04, 9:23 (Pluto), and 9:48 (Goofy).
IMG_3113.jpg IMG_3114.jpg IMG_3110.jpg
Finish time was 1:00:11 and I gathered my medal, box of snacks, water, Powerade and other paraphernalia, snapped a quick picture with Princess Minnie and hopped on a bus to head back to BLT, change and head right back to Epcot for the day. We rode all the rides, I ate all the popcorn, and we had dinner at Via Napoli (carb loading) before heading back early to get some rest before the half on Sunday!
IMG_2888.jpg IMG_2886.jpg IMG_2771.jpg
Coming up next…Princess Half!

Congrats on finishing the challenge! Those are AMAZING times! I'm aiming for the challenge in two years, I hope I can be as speedy as you are! :)

Thank you so much! The challenge is so much fun, my main hesitation to do it again for a third year is the early mornings. I am NOT a morning person. LOL.

Oh my goodness, you look just like a princess! Love your outfit! Oh and no joke about the bladder thing! It’s so mental for me! I go 4000x trickles before I get into the corral (TMI). Love the photos, love the medal, Minnie is adorable! Can’t wait to hear about the half!

Oh yeah, I've learned that "never wait to use the restroom" thing the hard way. A few times. (Thankfully, I rarely have to go before I run, so I'm safe at races, but in life I keep running into trouble with that one...)
I love all of your race pictures!

Oh my goodness, you look just like a princess! Love your outfit! Oh and no joke about the bladder thing! It’s so mental for me! I go 4000x trickles before I get into the corral (TMI). Love the photos, love the medal, Minnie is adorable! Can’t wait to hear about the half!

I am the same exact way! I had already gone twice, so I thought I would be fine. NOPE. NOPE. NOPE. Thanks so much, Minnie is my favorite!

Oh yeah, I've learned that "never wait to use the restroom" thing the hard way. A few times. (Thankfully, I rarely have to go before I run, so I'm safe at races, but in life I keep running into trouble with that one...)
I love all of your race pictures!

I will never make that mistake again, LOL. Thank you so much!

Your race pictures are amazing- you look perfect! (I somehow always look like a drowned dog..)

LOL, thanks! I found some amazing concealer that actually made me look awake and not like a zombie!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter