Very frustrating

No email but when they made the announcement of park reopening and that you would need a room and ticket, I contacted DVC and got the information of what I needed to do to be ready. Not to mention the tips on this board that told me Undercover Tourist was still selling tickets and you could still get AP tickets. Not saying anyone is right or wrong here but Disney was not going to please everyone and the options were out there

My guess is that Disney didn't think at all about "fair". In recent years they've also been thinking less and less about extras for onsite because they're reservation rate was holding up just fine. They probably were just trying to figure out a way to not have anyone and everyone booking park reservations on the same day.

I agree it's not fair that ticket sales were put on hold so it holds back some booking but I also do not think it's going to be an issue if the travel dates are a ways out. Until FP+ there was never a need to have tickets any sooner than the day you arrived at the park. Then FP+ got Disney funds 60 or more days ahead. Now it's over a year ahead.

Of course they still allowed AP's to be purchased which are more money that many tickets.

Tricky Mickey.

So how is a AP holder who lives in the surrounding area who gets a FL discount spending about $800 a year. Get ahead of a Dvc owner who may spend twice a much per year in resort dues and food on there vacation.
As far as off property stay that Chuck talk about. So all on property guest dvc and non dvc lose all rights to our on property stay fast pass , EMH , dining and you are OK with them getting reservation before them. Just because they spent $5000 on tickets. That was one of the perks to staying on property if it sold out for the day on-site stays where able to get in.
I’m a resident with an AP. I can’t help it if I don’t need a room. Also realize your dues that you speak of really are not a big profit generator for Disney, but rather paying for what you “use”.
Because we visit often, we do spend thousands of dollars a year, on top of our pass price, on dinners, drinks, F&W, and so forth.
So, it’s a bit unclear to me why you think locals are not some of the most loyal guests, and don’t spend money.
On a side note, local AP holders can only book three days if not staying on site. IMO, that’s the short end of the stick.

But many CMs have stated that cash and DVC reservations can get 2021 tickets on the same day.

Unless the current message people are receiving when calling is inaccurate, these CMs were wrong. Not looking promising for today.

We are getting the same benefits as every other onsite guest. Many of whom spend as much on one vacation as what some people spent for their DVC Membership. Seems fair.

Unfortunately, it appears that just being a non-AP DVC member is actually a disadvantage and essentially Disney has left us in the lurch. New 2021 packages can be booked and cash guests can change to a package, however DVC members can not add tickets to an existing reservation.

"So I finally got through....talked to a cast member.....and she told me I could NOT buy tickets today for a DVC Resort room only reservation. I have to wait until Sunday, June 28th. She said I could buy a package (room and tickets) today only. I asked her to please try since it says a room only reservation should be able to add tickets today....and she said that does not apply to DVC room reservations....only those resort reservations that can be upgraded to a package. So that is 3 1/2 hours of my life I cannot get back. So disappointing!! "

Unfortunately, it appears that just being a non-AP DVC member is actually a disadvantage and essentially Disney has left us in the lurch. New 2021 packages can be booked and cash guests can change to a package, however DVC members can not add tickets to an existing reservation.

"So I finally got through....talked to a cast member.....and she told me I could NOT buy tickets today for a DVC Resort room only reservation. I have to wait until Sunday, June 28th. She said I could buy a package (room and tickets) today only. I asked her to please try since it says a room only reservation should be able to add tickets today....and she said that does not apply to DVC room reservations....only those resort reservations that can be upgraded to a package. So that is 3 1/2 hours of my life I cannot get back. So disappointing!! "

Just to clarify...it seems even cash guests are not being allowed to just add tickets.

However, they can simply cancel the room only and rebook a new package...which is not an option for DVC.

So, while they may not be able to do it either, they have a 2nd option with the new package booking, which we don’t.

I don’t agree that few are outraged and few are thrilled. You have no way of knowing how people are reacting unless they are here complaining. I’m also one of those angry people who can’t get tickets for our “big” NYE / 21st birthday celebration. As for my immediate family, they are done with Disney. Done with their overpriced rooms, done with their crowds, done trying to get dining reservations, done with all of it. I guess I’m pretty done too. I’m also pretty sure it’ll be very difficult to sell my DVC 😔

Just to clarify...it seems even cash guests are not being allowed to just add tickets.

However, they can simply cancel the room only and rebook a new package...which is not an option for DVC.

So, while they may not be able to do it either, they have a 2nd option with the new package booking, which we don’t.

The semantics game is getting tiring. There is no "package" currently, it's simply a room and tickets since the DDP and almost every add on tour/add on is on hold. It's incredibly disingenuous to make it seem anything other than that. Disney using the "package" verbiage as the qualifier for today locks out DVC members from buying tickets, which I'm sure they are fully aware of.

If the qualifier was that room only had to add tickets and the DDP, that's understandable since that is the usual package. That however is not the case and it's time to call a spade, a spade.

The semantics game is getting tiring. There is no "package" currently, it's simply a room and tickets since the DDP and almost every add on tour/add on is on hold. It's incredibly disingenuous to make it seem anything other than that. Disney using the "package" verbiage as the qualifier for today locks out DVC members from buying tickets, which I'm sure they are fully aware of.

If the qualifier was that room only had to add tickets and the DDP, that's understandable since that is the usual package. That however is not the case and it's time to call a spade, a spade.
A package can be room + tickets, room + DDP or room + tickets + DDP. They are all considered to be packages.

I know it is semantics, but I wanted to point out that some room only cash guests had to rebook and cancel What they had,

But, as noted, a DVC owner can do the same thing...book a package for cash with tickets, put down $200, book parks...buy actual tickets in 4 days, link them, and cancel the package, and get back $200.

Now, they should have allowed tickets to be added. I just think it’s wrong to make it seem like room only cash guests got to call and add tickets, without having to Book a brand new room. In some cases, people lost the 2020 rate they had.

Unfair to DVC, of course.

But in Disney speak for cash reservations, it is still a package, unless it is room only. As long as it has the room plus another component. Even if DVC reservations add DDP (when it's available) and Tickets, they are not considered packages, but still remain room only. It has always been that way, this is not "new" or something created to punish DVCers. It really means that cash reservations CMs can not change any part of a DVC reservation. It is like if a travel company reserves a block of rooms, I doubt cash reservations could make changes to an individual room reservation within that block.

Last edited:
I know it is semantics, but I wanted to point out that some room only cash guests had to rebook and cancel What they had,

But, as noted, a DVC owner can do the same thing...book a package for cash with tickets, put down $200, book parks...buy actual tickets in 4 days, link them, and cancel the package, and get back $200.

Now, they should have allowed tickets to be added. I just think it’s wrong to make it seem like room only cash guests got to call and add tickets, without having to Book a brand new room. In some cases, people lost the 2020 rate they had.

Unfair to DVC, of course.

Hmm that's a good idea. If you cancel the package though would it also cancel the tickets?

Which is totally unfair, giving one lot of guests an option, and other guests no option.

Which is totally unfair, giving one lot of guests an option, and other guests no option.

That I agree with it shouldn’t be this hard and prior to today I was okay with their plans. And I will say that there were some Disney CMs who were lead to believe today wouldn’t be different for DVC.

Turns out not true. But, if I needed 2021 tickets I would be just booking the cash package to get the tickets today so I could book and then buying my actual tickets in a few days, link, and cancel.

But my only 2021 trips are solo ones right now so I don’t need.

I will just add that I hope the rumor they were told about 2020 comes true.

I don’t agree that few are outraged and few are thrilled. You have no way of knowing how people are reacting unless they are here complaining. I’m also one of those angry people who can’t get tickets for our “big” NYE / 21st birthday celebration. As for my immediate family, they are done with Disney. Done with their overpriced rooms, done with their crowds, done trying to get dining reservations, done with all of it. I guess I’m pretty done too. I’m also pretty sure it’ll be very difficult to sell my DVC 😔
Yep.

Over the past few years I have downsized from about 700 points to 100. That's enough for a quick weekend but no longer an investment. Luckily for me I sold my last block in early March... (Quite unlike my usual bad timing :) )

Hmm that's a good idea. If you cancel the package though would it also cancel the tickets?

Yes..but that is why you don’t cancel the package until you have bought the other
tickets and linked them.

All this is really doing is allowing people to book today instead of waiting until the 28th when 2021 ticket sales resume.

If someone isn’t worried about the parks filling up in these 4 days for 2021, they can wait.

But, if someone has a split party with some having and some not, then doing it allows them all to be booked now.

Sandisw
So you think all members without tickets should all canceled there plans they have had for 11th months and pay disney cash for a package then cancel that just tickets?
This is fair to long-term dvc members how? Who have been going multiple times a year spending thousands of dollars over the years.
This is a major complaint over multiple websites including dvc fan Facebook page and other websites. But the moderators of this page seem to be defending Dvc like them are treating the members fairly.

Sandisw
So you think all members without tickets should all canceled there plans they have had for 11th months and pay disney cash for a package then cancel that just tickets?
This is fair to long-term dvc members how? Who have been going multiple times a year spending thousands of dollars over the years.
This is a major complaint over multiple websites including dvc fan Facebook page and other websites. But the moderators of this page seem to be defending Dvc like them are treating the members fairly.

That is not even close to what I said. What I said is that because DVC cant get tickets today....which I said was wrong..is they can book a cash package with tickets and book park reservation today.

Then, when they open up sales for tickets for the DVC reservation, the members will buy tickets, link them, and then cancel the cash package and get the $200 refunded.

So, you wouldn’t do anything with the DVC reservation. This would be a back up so you can get tickets today.

I was simply saying there is nothing to stop a DVC owner to use a work around, instead of waiting the 4 days. Do I think people need to? No. But if someone wants to, they can. Should they have to? Nope.

In terms of the 2020 decision, I still agree with it. But, what happened today, I do not agree it is fair to DVC.

So, again, I shared a way that anyone who might be worried to wait the 4 days to get tickets for 2021, could make it work today.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter