VGF 2 Bedroom or 2 Main Building Club Level Rooms?

DanceMom13

Earning My Ears
My family and I are very torn, and have gone back and forth a million times. Turning here for the expert help and opinions. We have a Disney Cruise booked for next June 2021 to celebrate my youngest daughter's graduation, and we plan to add 5 nights prior to the cruise to spend in WDW. When we travel there will be 5 adults total (18, 24, 27, 47, 47), our dilemma is a 2 bedroom lake view villa at VGF or 2 standard rooms in the Main Building with club level access. The prices between the 2 are very similar, so we are wondering which the majority would choose? We have never stayed at the Grand Floridian before, we usually stay at the Polynesian. Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thank you.

Do you have to rent the two bedroom with DVC points? If so, I would go with the club level

No, we are not DVC owners - we would be renting as a cash visit.

ok that’s good, just based upon all the craziness going on with the DVC rental brokers.

Do you need the kitchen? The two bedroom will have nice area for the family to hang out in, but the club lounge has that ability too.

personally, I would go with club level just because our family doesn’t need a kitchen or laundry room on vacation.

ok that’s good, just based upon all the craziness going on with the DVC rental brokers.

Do you need the kitchen? The two bedroom will have nice area for the family to hang out in, but the club lounge has that ability too.

personally, I would go with club level just because our family doesn’t need a kitchen or laundry room on vacation.
Thank you! No, we don't necessarily need the kitchen but being together in one room was the main attraction, and of course the tv's in the mirror :) Since we usually only do breakfast in our rooms during vacation, club level seemed like a great idea to be able to grab that in the lounge before heading out for the day. Also avoiding a Garden Grocer delivery.

I think it really depends on what kind of bedding and what kind of vibe you would prefer. In the 2-bedroom, some of you will be sleeping on pull-out or pull-down beds. If you book a standard room at GF RPC, you will all get real beds. Also, VGF is a bit removed from the hustle and bustle of GF (you have to walk a bit to access the main building, monorail, bus stop) and, of course, GF RPC is right in the thick of everything. We absolutely love the 2-bedroom villas at VGF, but our family is smaller and I really love having a washer/dryer for longer trips (this might come in useful for a pre-cruise trip so you don't have to pack as much). I also prefer a quieter resort experience. You can't go wrong with either one.

I think it really depends on what kind of bedding and what kind of vibe you would prefer. In the 2-bedroom, some of you will be sleeping on pull-out or pull-down beds. If you book a standard room at GF RPC, you will all get real beds. Also, VGF is a bit removed from the hustle and bustle of GF (you have to walk a bit to access the main building, monorail, bus stop) and, of course, GF RPC is right in the thick of everything. We absolutely love the 2-bedroom villas at VGF, but our family is smaller and I really love having a washer/dryer for longer trips (this might come in useful for a pre-cruise trip so you don't have to pack as much). I also prefer a quieter resort experience. You can't go wrong with either one.
Thank you, this is all very helpful.

Thank you! No, we don't necessarily need the kitchen but being together in one room was the main attraction, and of course the tv's in the mirror :) Since we usually only do breakfast in our rooms during vacation, club level seemed like a great idea to be able to grab that in the lounge before heading out for the day. Also avoiding a Garden Grocer delivery.
I hope you were being sarcastic about the television in the bathroom mirror because those were the biggest waste of money anywhere with DVC. How much time do you spend looking in the mirror in the master bath by the tub? We've stayed there twice and I don't think we even turned that television on. Don't even know if it was working.

Actually dedicated 2BR villas will have 2 queen beds in the 2nd bedroom, so people will only need to sleep on a pull-out/pull-down if they don’t want to share a bed. IIRC, cash reservations are always dedicated 2BRs.

Actually dedicated 2BR villas will have 2 queen beds in the 2nd bedroom, so people will only need to sleep on a pull-out/pull-down if they don’t want to share a bed. IIRC, cash reservations are always dedicated 2BRs.

I'm fully aware that dedicated 2BR villas have two queens. Dedicated 2 BRs at VGF are not listed as an option to book via cash on the WDW website, so a guest should not assume they would get one if booking VGF through WDW: https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/resorts/villas-at-grand-floridian-resort-and-spa/rates-rooms/

It is an outlier as most DVC 2BRs booked with cash would get the dedicated 2BR.

That's funny. It used to be the other way around. If you paid cash through Disney Reservation Center, you got a lockoff, not a dedicated. But that was before dedicated and lockoff were booking categories with DVC. They always gave out the dedicated to members first unless they specifically requested a lockoff.

That's funny. It used to be the other way around. If you paid cash through Disney Reservation Center, you got a lockoff, not a dedicated. But that was before dedicated and lockoff were booking categories with DVC. They always gave out the dedicated to members first unless they specifically requested a lockoff.

The fact that dedicated is now guaranteed at many DVC resorts when paying with cash is such a bonus for our family - we love the dedicated 2-bedrooms. The BCV is our absolute favorite. Strangely, you can't even book a 2-bedroom at BWV with cash anymore - any thoughts as to why?

I haven't stayed in the main building at GF - we have been Poly devotees until fairly recently. But last October we rented points and stayed in a 2 BR villa at GF. It was HEAVEN. My favorite WDW room I've ever had - and we have stayed in the bungalows a couple of times. It is spectacularly large and comfortable. Just having a regular fridge and freezer was amazing, even if you aren't cooking regularly.

We were a party of 6 - 5 adults and 1 child. DH, myself, and our 2 kids shared the 2 queen room while our friends took the king room, so we all had beds, but one night my daughter and I ended up in the living area sleeping and it was quite comfortable, even on the sofa not pulled out. We also loved that both bathrooms had separate areas - ours had a vanity/shower room and a toilet/tub/shower room while the other bedroom had a toilet/shower room and a tub/vanity room - essentially up to 4 people could be bathing/showering at any given time.

Anyway, I'm sure you will have a wonderful stay no matter which you choose but the 2 BR Villa is absolutely spectacular!!

This is super helpful, thank you!!! We also love the Poly, and always stay in the villas and were hoping we might love VGF as much or more.

GF RPC all the way! We loved it and my dds in their 20’s didn’t want to leave! We had a deluxe room in RPC that was quite large, had 2 queens plus a queen (I think) pull out sofa. Our room faced the courtyard pool on the 3rd floor just around the corner from the CL CM desk. There’s a nice deck and sitting area and stairway or elevator up one floor to the lounge.
The food options were the best of any CL I’ve stayed in. Aside form breakfast they have mid day tea service, I think when I was there they had trifle. And their evening selections were very nice too. Lounge overlooks The lobby and we loved relaxing with a glass of bubbly, desserts and listening to the piano or quartet.

I'd pick GF RPC any day. With a larger family, I love the perks of club level in general - my kids can snack throughout the day since they rarely want to eat larger meals, we have the lounge space to enjoy & spread out in, and you can't beat the views from the main building at the GF! We would never end up using the kitchen space in the Villas so that wouldn't be worth it to me. I suppose it's all personal preference.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter