• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Video Debut of Canadian Lumberjack Show

Sculptures?!? :rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2:
Watch about 10 minutes in. All these idiots ever do is make sloppy little "chairs" that could probably be made by a 2nd grader...if you could trust one with a chainsaw.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DP5Xl4iO-lc

I'm not going to dog on the performers. They typically are talented individuals who do a great job, when given the appropriate time, proper equipment and venue to work in.

That teeny tiny stage is NOT the proper venue and makes the performers job all that more dangerous.

I'm not going to dog on the performers. They typically are talented individuals who do a great job, when given the appropriate time, proper equipment and venue to work in.

That teeny tiny stage is NOT the proper venue and makes the performers job all that more dangerous.

No talent here, just move on by quickly. This is one of the most amateurish thing I have ever seen. :lmao:

Wow. This is stupid. It looks like something I'd expect to see at our local county fair.

I was not a big Off Kilter fan, but they were so high energy that it was impossible not to smile as you walked past when they were performing. Everyone watching always seemed to have such a great time, and the band always seemed to be having fun themselves. It was fun to walk through as they played, even if I only watched one or two songs.

This is just sad. And Boring.

Totally agree!

I will. A clown making balloon animals at a family restaurant chain has more talent than all of these bozos put together...and it has nothing to do with the venue they are "performing" in or the equipment.

...and it just gets worse
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oxWbApaMze4

Next up, candle making in the American pavilion and weaving in Germany. All very exciting shows.

This might actually cause us to spot in the American Pavilion, if the kids could dip candles or do something. As of right now there is nothing for my kids to really enjoy there.

Hearing chainsaws it not what I expect or want while being in Epcot. This act does not belong at Disney. Also I think that having men throwing axes with a roof over their heads on a small stage is VERY dangerous. :sad2:

Exactly 0 Canadians were involved in this mess. (and any Canadian that would admit or would partiipate in this -- should be stripped of their citizenship.

shame sham shame. (and NO not a typo)

This might actually cause us to spot in the American Pavilion, if the kids could dip candles or do something. As of right now there is nothing for my kids to really enjoy there.

I doubt the kids would actually get to dip candles. We would only get to WATCH someone else dip candles. ;)

I wonder if this is following Disney's current trend -- an attempt to get people to spend more time shopping, and more money of course. They close off the standby lines so you can't choose to wait for a ride. They take away any good entertainment that you might actually want to watch. Then they build more shops, all selling the exact same merchandise, of course, because although you may not want it the first time you see it, it will grow on you and by the tenth time you see it you will want to buy it. :rolleyes1

Well, after watching about five minutes of this tripe I now know I no longer have to figure time to watch the entertainment in Canada. It'll save me touring time I can use to go ride Maelstrom. Oh...wait....

I doubt the kids would actually get to dip candles. We would only get to WATCH someone else dip candles. ;)

I wonder if this is following Disney's current trend -- an attempt to get people to spend more time shopping, and more money of course. They close off the standby lines so you can't choose to wait for a ride. They take away any good entertainment that you might actually want to watch. Then they build more shops, all selling the exact same merchandise, of course, because although you may not want it the first time you see it, it will grow on you and by the tenth time you see it you will want to buy it. :rolleyes1

And don't forget how they have removed practically every bench in the parks. No sitting -- keep moving --- keep spending money. :mad:

I have decided that I agree with the opinion of some that,despite evidence to the contrary,Disney has brought in Canadian Lumberjacks and the other new World Showcase acts not as a cost-cutting move, but so that World Showcase will have Culturally relevant acts.

I think this new "Culturally relevant" initiative is further evidenced by the reimagineering of the Norway Pavilion to reflect Norway's Arendellian roots.;):)

And don't forget how they have removed practically every bench in the parks. No sitting -- keep moving --- keep spending money. :mad:

What? Really? REALLY? Like there are no benches in Epcot any more? I can't tell you how many times we sit on a bench while at epcot. Jeez. This is maybe more upsetting that the Lumberjacks - which I HATE

Working on new benches.....once all of that wood gets cut up with the lumberjack show, they'll have plenty of material to work with.... :rolleyes1

Working on new benches.....once all of that wood gets cut up with the lumberjack show, they'll have plenty of material to work with.... :rolleyes1

I've learned from Disney that the benches will be put back after food & Wine . That's why they were temporarily moved. They called me in response to my email complaining about the Lumberjacks and other things. I sense they may be having some 2 nd thoughts.

Wait! They made a chair? I feel even more cheated! I saw this whole mess in person yesterday. I really wanted to like the show, I really did. I went in with an open mind, lumberjacks could have potential. The whole thing was horrid. First was waaaayyy too much talking about the very technical axe. Then the axe didnt stick in the target, but since it bounced off the bulls eye, it counted. Then there was a painful " comedy" routine about the top of the log. Then they used chainsaws to cut a disk off the log. Which one guy messed up. Then they used the axe to chop down a stump. Then i cried a little. My Cub Scout den leader cutting wood for a campfire is more competent and entertaining.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter