Viva Italia and the Rest Trip Report - Almost Live!

Cool! I have enjoyed reading your trip report. Although, you have done little for my trepidation in regards to the ice breaker game. Not looking forward to that part, really. :rolleyes1

The game is nothing! I do not like icebreakers very much. It is not like the ones that make you try to remember everyone's name. They just let us loose to find out a little about each other. If you are shy, they don't force you to do anything. They really just let you decide who to meet. No worries!

I just found your blog and I'm enjoying it!

Say "Hi" to Fred & Mary Ann, they are my parents and are touring with you. I keep trying to see if they are in any pictures you post on your blog, but so far they are not.

Thanks to everyone for the comments on the blog! Makes me feel better. I will say hello and take pictures. I don't usually take pictures of people, but I will make sure I get one of them! Everyone is having a wonderful time!

I am so enjoying your Blog, love the pics, 1 question, do they have any laundry facilities at the Villa where you can wash and dry your own clothes?

I am so enjoying your Blog, love the pics, 1 question, do they have any laundry facilities at the Villa where you can wash and dry your own clothes?

Thanks!

There is supposed to be one washer and one dryer in the Borgo (the small village up the street). I was told by the guide that it takes about an hour for the washer and and hour for the dryer. Based on that information, I would not rely on that. We washed in Rome before we left and we plan on washing in Venice. I followed PiperPilot's suggestion in Rome and I will do the same in Venice. Check out this thread. The other option you have is to wash in the room. We did wash our underwear in the sink. I know it sounds kind of weird, but many Europeans do that. Hope this helps!

I just found your blog and I'm enjoying it!

Say "Hi" to Fred & Mary Ann, they are my parents and are touring with you. I keep trying to see if they are in any pictures you post on your blog, but so far they are not.

I'm sorry Stacy, but your parents are not on my trip. I was confused because we have a Frank and Maureen from NY. :confused3

I know they are having an excellent time, though. This trip is great!!!

I'm sorry Stacy, but your parents are not on my trip. I was confused because we have a Frank and Maureen from NY. :confused3

I know they are having an excellent time, though. This trip is great!!!

I just realized that last night when they called to say they don't want to come home because they are having such a good time and talked about there guides, who when they mentioned their names were different then the names of your guides. Oh well.

Thank you so much for your info, and the thread you suggested from piper pilot, this info will help me so much when we go next year.

Please keep that blog going, I am so addicted to it.

Thanks again

Thank you so much for your info, and the thread you suggested from piper pilot, this info will help me so much when we go next year.

Thanks again

Thanks again

Just posted the next installment! Thanks for your kind words!!

thanks so much for your live trip report! We are leaving tomorrow and I am bummed I won't be able to read your thoughts on Venice. I feel like I'm already there by reading your posts. Thanks for sharing!

After a short delay (Internet not working in Venice), my trip report is up and running. I will catch up soon!!!

It was great reading your report, especially since my friends were on the same trip! I was at a Disney conference in California (just back this morning!) and went back to my room a number of times just to check with AbD if their airline still existed. That was a little worrisome!

William, you'll be happy to know that Gail and Bill got back today on Alitalia without any problem -- whew!

Thanks so much for taking the time to post this -- it was fun! You had the same two guides as we did in 2006 - they're just fabulous!

Dotti

William, so glad to see you got back ok. Your blog was really fun to read this morning. It helped relive the trip. We have hours and hours of videos and hundreds of pictures to go through over the next few days.

wdwsos, we met your friends Bill and Gail too. Ask them if they remember Steve and Eva. We shared a couple of meals and events with them. They are wonderful people. We also met another couple named Bob and Gail. I couldn't believe it, but they live right here in Peoria, IL like us. We plan on getting together to view our videos with a bottle or two of Chianti Classico.

It was great reading your report, especially since my friends were on the same trip! I was at a Disney conference in California (just back this morning!) and went back to my room a number of times just to check with AbD if their airline still existed. That was a little worrisome!

William, you'll be happy to know that Gail and Bill got back today on Alitalia without any problem -- whew!

Thanks so much for taking the time to post this -- it was fun! You had the same two guides as we did in 2006 - they're just fabulous!

Dotti

I am so glad they got home ok. Gail and Bill are GREAT!! Please say hello for me the next time you see them!!

Thanks for the kind words about the blog. It is fun!

William, so glad to see you got back ok. Your blog was really fun to read this morning. It helped relive the trip. We have hours and hours of videos and hundreds of pictures to go through over the next few days.

wdwsos, we met your friends Bill and Gail too. Ask them if they remember Steve and Eva. We shared a couple of meals and events with them. They are wonderful people. We also met another couple named Bob and Gail. I couldn't believe it, but they live right here in Peoria, IL like us. We plan on getting together to view our videos with a bottle or two of Chianti Classico.

Glad you are back!! Linda and Barbara had some problems (according to Tina), but I assume they made it ok. Thanks for checking out my blog! Please send some of your pictures my way or if you have time post them for all to see. Take care!!

William,
Just wanted to tell you I enjoyed reading your blog. Did you go to Purdue? Saw you were wearing a Purdue Tshirt on the plane. We're doing Viva Italia next year.

William,
Just wanted to tell you I enjoyed reading your blog. Did you go to Purdue? Saw you were wearing a Purdue Tshirt on the plane. We're doing Viva Italia next year.

Yes. I am a Purdue graduate! If you noticed, my mask from Viva Italia is also gold and black.

Thank you all for reading my blog! It was really fun and will act as a nice diary of the adventure.

We are now home. :sad1: We had an excellent time and didn't want to come home. But, we have to work so we can pay for our fun trips!

Thanks again to everyone for reading my blog!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter