VWL Groupies & Lovers Thread (Special Collectors Edition 2.0) updated 21 June 2023

Hi, everybody!

I'm so excited to report that we are taking our first ever trip as DVC owners in January , and that we are staying at Copper Creek. We own at Boulder Ridge but are taking my sister and her family with us....so we needed a 3br. Can't wait to see it!

I think there is only 1 3br that can be booked with points right now. Immediately after booking, availability disappeared for our stay. We are staying in a cabin for the first 2 nights and waitlisted fir the 3br; honestly, even though the sleeping arrangements aren't ideal for us in the cabin, I'm happy to give it a try for the hot tub and the location.

Can't wait to get back to WL! I knew you all would understand.

I would too! How was your cruise?
It was fabulous! Seas were calm, and ports interesting. A nice extra were our tablemates! We had arranged to be with a friend, Karen, whom I had met on last year's Member Cruise. She traveled with a friend, Kathy. There was a delightful couple from Scotland and a twosome from Atlanta. We were a good mix of folks, and everyone added to the conversations.

Then we stopped in Iceland for 2 nights on the way home. Iceland has spectacular sights!

Since we have been home, our Houston family has visited us for 8 nights. What wonderful times Tom and I have had! Thank you for asking.

We are thinking about a Westbound Trans Atlantic cruise in 2019. Is anyone here interested? Groupies on the Atlantic!:)

It was fabulous! Seas were calm, and ports interesting. A nice extra were our tablemates! We had arranged to be with a friend, Karen, whom I had met on last year's Member Cruise. She traveled with a friend, Kathy. There was a delightful couple from Scotland and a twosome from Atlanta. We were a good mix of folks, and everyone added to the conversations.

Then we stopped in Iceland for 2 nights on the way home. Iceland has spectacular sights!

Since we have been home, our Houston family has visited us for 8 nights. What wonderful times Tom and I have had! Thank you for asking.

We are thinking about a Westbound Trans Atlantic cruise in 2019. Is anyone here interested? Groupies on the Atlantic!:)

I have always wanted to do a Trans Atlantic! Don't know if it could get on the books for 2019 though but that would be fun. Glad to hear you had a great trip with friends and such a nice visit with family later.

I have always wanted to do a Trans Atlantic! Don't know if it could get on the books for 2019 though but that would be fun. Glad to hear you had a great trip with friends and such a nice visit with family later.

Thank you. I hope you get to go, if not then, later!

Hi, everybody!

I'm so excited to report that we are taking our first ever trip as DVC owners in January , and that we are staying at Copper Creek. We own at Boulder Ridge but are taking my sister and her family with us....so we needed a 3br. Can't wait to see it!

I think there is only 1 3br that can be booked with points right now. Immediately after booking, availability disappeared for our stay. We are staying in a cabin for the first 2 nights and waitlisted fir the 3br; honestly, even though the sleeping arrangements aren't ideal for us in the cabin, I'm happy to give it a try for the hot tub and the location.

Wow, that should be a great experience! Did you wind up buying more points? What a wonderful trip that should be with such an extended family. Of course, we expect plenty of pictures and a report back to the Groupies after! And, yes, you're correct, we do understand when you say, "Can't wait to get back to WL!"

Great to see Mr Bison back and in such a wonderful spot too!

We are thinking about a Westbound Trans Atlantic cruise in 2019. Is anyone here interested? Groupies on the Atlantic!:)[/QUOT

What were your ports of call?

Hi, everybody!

Congratulations on landing that GV! And on your soon to be 1st stay as members! Will be interested in hearing your thoughts on the GV as we are hoping to land one somewhere in a couple years

Ports of call on our Transatlantic, San Miguel in the Azores, Portland and Dover England, Amsterdam and Copenhagen. Copenhagen was an overnight, so tour and back on ship for farewell dinner and events.

Iceland Air encourages you to spend a night or two, three in Iceland by having pretty good fares for returning to states. Scenery there is unlike other places on earth.

The next time we do a TA, we want to go toward the west, and have some 25 hour days, instead of the 23 hour days and see how our bodies adjust to them.

That's a possibility. Come 2019 we are empty nesters & a TA cruise is high on my list.

Would love to see some Iceland pictures! Glad you had a nice time. It sounds like it was a wonderful experience.

Happy Saturday groupie friends! :wave2:

IMG_0983.JPG IMG_45371.jpg It was foggy and rainy for much of our day in Iceland.....someone wondered why Iceland was so green, well, the rain is the reason. Pictures do not do justice.

Hi, everybody!

Elizabeth...welcome to the Groupies thread, and WELCOME HOME for your new DVC purchase...very exciting!!

Cabin and/or Grand Villa accommodations for your first DVC trip? You will be spoiled! And if you end up in a cabin, it looks like there is plenty of room for an air mattress or two if that helps with the sleeping set up. Very nice of you to invite your sister and family for your first DVC trip. You'll have an amazing time I'm sure! :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter