VWL Lovers & Groupies Thread: Meese-ka, Mice-ka MOOSE-kateers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Congratulations, Granny! Our DS has been out of work 1 1/2 years, and looking. I work p/t but was not given a class for this spring quarter. It's tough out there if you want to work.

Hi fellow Groupies...

I understand that WL is going through room renovations now--new beds, etc & wondered if anyone knew is this was planned for the Villas as well? Also, the rooms in many of the hotels seem to have the pod type double sided coffeemaker...are these in use in the VWL?

Our trip is planned for June...:banana:

TIA!
Berta

Nothing like putting my question out there before catching up on things with everyone else...:rolleyes1

Granny...hope the first day went well!!

Maria...know just what you mean about feeling like chopped liver...feeling the same way at school and with some of my family lately...I was VERY blessed with a GREAT OB nurse with DD...and will never forget how much it relaxed me to see one of them come in for her shift the next day when I was STILL in labor...while my Dr was good, having that nurse made a TON of difference in a difficult delivery!! Keep your chin up!! :)

Hi Groupies,

Thought I would share. I have nobody to blame but myself.... but, I decided to play the waiting game when it came to booking our airfare. Now, I am a planner, and not a procrastinator but after our fares went down 4 times with SW last year I thought I would wait,(I know I know--DUMB!) and decided today I would book no matter what. Of course TODAY the fares went up again! 361 rt :headache: We have never paid more than 250 normally around 200, so this is really tough to swallow. I should have posted this on the Budget Board, but I am afraid I would really hear it from them! :rolleyes: so be gentle with me! lol

Corinne,

I've NEVER had a flight to MCO go down in price!!:worship: Just glad you can still make the trip....:goodvibes It will be WORTH it for the memories you'll have!!

Berta

Hi fellow Groupies...

I understand that WL is going through room renovations now--new beds, etc & wondered if anyone knew is this was planned for the Villas as well? Also, the rooms in many of the hotels seem to have the pod type double sided coffeemaker...are these in use in the VWL?

Our trip is planned for June...:banana:

TIA!
Berta

Hey Berta
DVC is a separate entity from Disney resorts, though they share amenities. I know VWL had replaced sofas and such recently, but not sure about beds. Maybe someone else can address this.

Maria...know just what you mean about feeling like chopped liver...feeling the same way at school and with some of my family lately...I was VERY blessed with a GREAT OB nurse with DD...and will never forget how much it relaxed me to see one of them come in for her shift the next day when I was STILL in labor...while my Dr was good, having that nurse made a TON of difference in a difficult delivery!! Keep your chin up!! :)

Thanks Berta ! I so appreciate your kind words !

horselover : I'd also like to say You Rock! You have an extremely high pressure, demanding job that not everyone can or would want to do. I salute you!
And thank you so much as well Julie ! So glad you liked my horse pic bday greeting. Hope your day was great !

And back to Berta.....wish I could shed some light on the VWL, but sadly, I have not stayed there since May 2010. I was at the main WL in May 2011 but that doesn't count for helping you out with your questions on bed renovations. I've always thought the VWL had comfy beds though. Just love that place ! :banana:

Hi Groupies,

Thought I would share. I have nobody to blame but myself.... but, I decided to play the waiting game when it came to booking our airfare. Now, I am a planner, and not a procrastinator but after our fares went down 4 times with SW last year I thought I would wait,(I know I know--DUMB!) and decided today I would book no matter what. Of course TODAY the fares went up again! 361 rt :headache: We have never paid more than 250 normally around 200, so this is really tough to swallow. I should have posted this on the Budget Board, but I am afraid I would really hear it from them! :rolleyes: so be gentle with me! lol

Hi Corinne !
So sorry about this. While it's not Orlando/MCO, I fly my daughter in and out of Jacksonville/JAX for school breaks. We almost didn't bring her home the first week in March and I was so sad about that. SW was just too darn high. On a whim, I checked Airtran and their prices averaged about $50-$75 LESS each way for some flights. Also, Airtran had shorter layover times. Not sure if Airtran flies out of your home town, but good luck ! Feel free to vent here any time !

Hi Groupies,

Luvvwl, DD11, and I are headed to Alaska this August, and we started pricing fares a few months back. Since I lived there for a few years, I felt the fares would come down as more flights were added for the tourist season, and we opted not to purchase tix at first. Within a few weeks, fares were up $300 per person! After that, we constantly checked and after about a month, we found fares similar to what we originally found, so we booked them. The prices might come down, but I'm guessing with oil on the rise again, we made the wise decision. All that to say, I feel your pain. The good news is you've made the purchase, so now just concentrate on having a good time--prices are a moot point now! :thumbsup2

but I have to share. Dont know how many of you are Lionel Richie fans, or country music fans, but he has combined with some country artists to revisit some of his hits, with a little country twist. Listening to it as I write this and very impressed.

T and I dated to this music so it brings back memories of our young days. I am not a fan of Sugarland, so the girl that sings for that group does nothing for me on Richies "Hello", my all time fave of his, so that has been my only disappointment in an otherwise great CD. I dont buy CDs much these days, but this will be an oft played in our van:thumbsup2

Just thought I would share as many here may be fans of both genres.

Interesting, JT. I love it when the artists cross over. Like Hootie doing country or Sting!

I always liked Lionel Richie, I will have to try to hear his new music.

With the above post, it made me think, what kind of music does everyone like? Dont be scared to admit liking something or someone that you feel others may not. You may be surprised who jumps in and you find has the same interest.

I have a wide array of music I like, from 40s like Glenn Miller all the way to 80s, like Van Halen.

I like 50s music in general, Chuck Berry, rockabilly like Bill Haley, and the slow stuff.

60s didnt interest me much, though Beach Boys and most Beatles stuff caught my attn. Paul M. singing "Yesterday" and hearing it in its prime is still among my 1st memories of radio. Still moves me today.

70s, especially mid to late 70s are still songs that are etched in my memory these days. John Denver, Orleans, The Eagles,the singer-songwriters of that time, plus KC and the Sunshine band, The Commodores, those folks were true musicians. So called musicians today could take some powerful lessons from these folks of the 70s. Image being everything today, Elton John was a showman, but he had the chops to back it.

Early 80s were my late teen yrs. and I was induced by those hair bands, Van Halen, Def Leppard, etc. But then MTV came along and ruined it all. Cool at 1st to see your faves, quickly it went down hill.

90s and 2000s havent been very kind to my ears. I have to admit I do like the Backstreet Boys(mainly cause DD got me listening). There are a few good singers but few and far between, too far for me to listen to current radio. Just call me old:scared1:

Hi Groupies,

I have almost the same situation, except we have not booked our September trip yet because I am watching what AA is doing. They are the only airline that goes non-stop from DFW to MCO and my husband has us spoiled to no layovers, plus without him I prefer non-stop. I know I have to make a decision soon, but just can't make the decision right now.

With the above post, it made me think, what kind of music does everyone like? Dont be scared to admit liking something or someone that you feel others may not. You may be surprised who jumps in and you find has the same interest.

I have a wide array of music I like, from 40s like Glenn Miller all the way to 80s, like Van Halen.

I like 50s music in general, Chuck Berry, rockabilly like Bill Haley, and the slow stuff.

60s didnt interest me much, though Beach Boys and most Beatles stuff caught my attn. Paul M. singing "Yesterday" and hearing it in its prime is still among my 1st memories of radio. Still moves me today.

70s, especially mid to late 70s are still songs that are etched in my memory these days. John Denver, Orleans, The Eagles,the singer-songwriters of that time, plus KC and the Sunshine band, The Commodores, those folks were true musicians. So called musicians today could take some powerful lessons from these folks of the 70s. Image being everything today, Elton John was a showman, but he had the chops to back it.

Early 80s were my late teen yrs. and I was induced by those hair bands, Van Halen, Def Leppard, etc. But then MTV came along and ruined it all. Cool at 1st to see your faves, quickly it went down hill.

90s and 2000s havent been very kind to my ears. I have to admit I do like the Backstreet Boys(mainly cause DD got me listening). There are a few good singers but few and far between, too far for me to listen to current radio. Just call me old:scared1:

I like country music and most christian music. If I get in my DH's truck then I have to listen to the golden oldies (which is mostly the light rock from my teens, I think)

Hey groupies, it's LeslieLou's big day tomorrow!!!

Happy Birthday, LeslieLou!!!

Hope it is a great one!

disneycarriagecake.jpg

Today was my darling Mom's birthday, so as she is finishing with her birthday party in heaven, I thought I would share a picture of her from our 2009 trip to the Lodge with another of our favorite people.

WDWMayJune2009417.jpg

"Love you Mom and miss you daily"

Today was my darling Mom's birthday, so as she is finishing with her birthday party in heaven, I thought I would share a picture of her from our 2009 trip to the Lodge with another of our favorite people.

WDWMayJune2009417.jpg

"Love you Mom and miss you daily"

Ranger Stan can hardly contain himself! What, with two lovely ladies in his arms and standing in the Happiest Place on Earth, how could any guy be any different!

Twokats - Here's to celebrating your Mom's B'day in THE Happiest Place! :cloud9:

Same here JT....and beginning of college. I went to concerts like Fleetwood Mac (still one of my standard favorites), Foreigner, Queen, Def Leppard. Loved the Beatles....had all their albums (I prefer their later works vs early songs). But now I like everything BUT a small amount of country. I have a pretty ecclectic taste. I can dance and sing to old 70's disco and then the new stuff like the hip hop pop stuff Katy Perry....to Red Hot Chilli Peppers. I'm all over. I have kids aged 18-25. So I hear it all. :rotfl2:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter