VWL Lovers & Groupies Thread: Meese-ka, Mice-ka MOOSE-kateers

Status
Not open for further replies.
With the above post, it made me think, what kind of music does everyone like? Dont be scared to admit liking something or someone that you feel others may not. You may be surprised who jumps in and you find has the same interest.

I have a wide array of music I like, from 40s like Glenn Miller all the way to 80s, like Van Halen.

I like 50s music in general, Chuck Berry, rockabilly like Bill Haley, and the slow stuff.

60s didnt interest me much, though Beach Boys and most Beatles stuff caught my attn. Paul M. singing "Yesterday" and hearing it in its prime is still among my 1st memories of radio. Still moves me today.

70s, especially mid to late 70s are still songs that are etched in my memory these days. John Denver, Orleans, The Eagles,the singer-songwriters of that time, plus KC and the Sunshine band, The Commodores, those folks were true musicians. So called musicians today could take some powerful lessons from these folks of the 70s. Image being everything today, Elton John was a showman, but he had the chops to back it.

Early 80s were my late teen yrs. and I was induced by those hair bands, Van Halen, Def Leppard, etc. But then MTV came along and ruined it all. Cool at 1st to see your faves, quickly it went down hill.

90s and 2000s havent been very kind to my ears. I have to admit I do like the Backstreet Boys(mainly cause DD got me listening). There are a few good singers but few and far between, too far for me to listen to current radio. Just call me old:scared1:

I am a HUGE Al Di Meola fan, more so of his early to mid-career work. But I love his later stuff too.

After Al, I like Jethro Tull, Emerson Lake and Palmer, Moody Blues.

Today was my darling Mom's birthday, so as she is finishing with her birthday party in heaven, I thought I would share a picture of her from our 2009 trip to the Lodge with another of our favorite people.

WDWMayJune2009417.jpg

"Love you Mom and miss you daily"

Oh, Kathy, what a lovely photo. :flower3:

Well, I bit the bullet and booked the darn $361 fare--good thing too, because today the total was $381!!!!!!!:sad2:

Oh Kathy, the picture is priceless. Two special people who are in Heaven.

Happy Birthday to Kathy's mom.:flower3:

Does anyone know what code to use to receive the DVC discount on the Disneystore.com site? I was on the member website, and it states we receive $15 off an order of $100, but there is no code. I was on the phone with Member Services to book Magical Express, and the gentleman helping me did not know, he did suggest the current code offered on the DS.com site, but often you may combine codes. Just thought someone might know. :) Thanks!

Today was my darling Mom's birthday, so as she is finishing with her birthday party in heaven, I thought I would share a picture of her from our 2009 trip to the Lodge with another of our favorite people.

WDWMayJune2009417.jpg

"Love you Mom and miss you daily"

Oh Kathy
What a wonderful picture. :littleangel:
Prayers for you and Ranger Stan's Sweetie

Corrinne
I know what you're going through. The air fairs from Boston have been through the roof!

Jimmy
This New England Girl loves Randy Travis
as well as a wide range of music.
I was basically a old Folk Music Fan but now I'm dating myself.

In answer to the music question:
- Classical (am partial to Aaron Copland, imagine that)
- Huey Lewis
- Bruce Hornsby
- Monte Montgomery
- Aerosmith (90s stuff mostly)
- Elton John
- Billy Joel
- Bonnie Raitt
- Cat Stevens
- A fair amount from the 70s/80s/90s
- Just a small amount of current artists
- Not a fan of hip-hop nor country for the most part

:hippie:

twokats
Love the pic. Happy Birthday to your mom. I feel like Muushka, what better place to celebrate a birthday than with our Heavenly Father.

Keep the music likes coming. So interesting, everyones likes.

Another I forgot to mention...Boz Scaggs, anyone know who Im talking about?

...Boz Scaggs, anyone know who Im talking about?

Hmmm...seems to bring back a memory or two from my college days but I'm not sure...maybe someone can "lido shuffle" over here and give me the "lowdown" about Boz. Then "miss sun" and I can put on our urban cowboy hats and "look what you've done to me". ;)

To add to the not-too-oldie goldies (in no particular order of preference)...
Foreigner
Bobby Darin
Kansas
Bread
Percy Sledge
Guess Who
Nothing in the (c)RAP genre
Queen
Carpenters
CCR
Shania Twain
3 Dog Night
Monkees
The Manhattan Transfer
Carrie Underwood
Mickey Gilley
Journey
Beach Boys
last but not least - Jackie Evancho (bet most of you don't know this one)

I'm pretty eclectic in my music choices and there are many more I left out.

Thank you for the Birthday wishes!

I'm more of a lurker than poster, but love the groupies and VWL!

Kathy, Thanks for sharing the picture of your mom and Ranger Stan. What a happy memory!

Music: Yes, I'm also a fan of Jackie Evancho
I love piano music: Dino, Yanni, Raul DiBlasio, David McClintock
Trans Siberian Orchestra, Manhattan Steamroller
Disney's Fantasmic, Spectomagic, Magic in the Streets, Event Music, Voices of Liberty, Candlelight Processional, The Music Behing the Magic
ABBA
Peter, Paul and Mary
Carly Simon
James Taylor
Beach Boys
Anne Murray
Pink Floyd
Eric Clapton
Dan Hicks and his Hot Licks
and someone new, The Piano Guys

Dan Hicks and his Hot Licks? I'm surprised you would mention that! Wow!

Anybody else remember them? I don't even know if they are still playing.

Thank you for the Birthday wishes!

I'm more of a lurker than poster, but love the groupies and VWL!

Happy Birthday LeslieLou!!!

Lurk no more!! Come, sit out on the back porch with us!

JT, music? Are you sure you want to open up that can of worms with me????

Eclectic. Rock, classical, country-lite, Christian, Celtic, R&B, Motown

Some top favorites

Beatles
Bare Naked Ladies
Kansas
Yardbirds
Buffalo Springfield
Celtic Women
Boston
Off Kilter
J Mellencamp
Pretenders
Crosby Stills Nash and Young, Buffalo Springfield, Hollies
Steely Dan
Simply Red
Lynard Skynard
U2, Simon and Garfunkle
Seal
Joni Mitchell
Journey
Phil Collins
Eddy Money
Seals and Crofts
Santana
Elton John (Pre-crazy, Tumbleweed Connection, Madman across the Water
Rich Mullins, Keith Green, Michael Card, Petra, Buddy Greene (Christian folks)
Mason Williams
The Association
Eric Clapton
Heart
Glen Campbell
The Spinners
4 Tops
Allen Jackson
Aretha Franklin

Sorry, too long, had to stop. Can you tell I love music?:dance3:

I hate to admit it, but I own a Zune, and 3 Sansa Clips and Mr Muush has his own collection of MP3 players!

We are on page 226!

Who wants to start the new thread??????

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter