VWL Lovers & Groupies Thread: Meese-ka, Mice-ka MOOSE-kateers

Status
Not open for further replies.
You guys lost me on this one ! :rotfl:

I like quite a few off Muiushka's list too !

Dan Hicks: From his website:
"Dan Hicks is still delivering the goods, wrapped in his own unique saddle blanket of gypsy jazz woven with western swing and threads of blues, bacon grease and bebop tying it all together."

Last Train To Hicksville is a really cool album.

Dan Hicks: From his website:
"Dan Hicks is still delivering the goods, wrapped in his own unique saddle blanket of gypsy jazz woven with western swing and threads of blues, bacon grease and bebop tying it all together."

Last Train To Hicksville is a really cool album.

Diane! A side we knew nothing about!!!;)

Speaking of music, here is my tip.

I keep a list of songs that I want. About every 3 or so months Amazon gives $2 music credits towards purchases. 2 songs!

I just got Solitary Man by Neil Diamond (always loved that song) and Fairground by Simply Red. FREE!

http://www.cheapcheapcheap.com/deal/Free-2-Credit-for-Amazon-MP3s/55095.html

Get Free $2 Credit for Amazon MP3s. Instructions below.
1. Copy this code: "HITUMBLR"
2. Go to this page, where you’ll find instructions for entering your code and full details about this promotion.
3. Shop for any MP3 song or album at Amazon MP3 between 2:00 p.m. March 29, 2012 and 11:59 p.m. Pacific on April 1, 2012 (Sunday night).
4. The $2 credit will be automatically applied to your order. The price on the site won’t change, but you can check the order confirmation you’ll receive in your email to be sure you got the discount.

We are on page 226!

Who wants to start the new thread??????

It's so fun to see how different threads go at such different paces.

This one has such a nice leisurely flare to it. I started this particular iteration back on May 5, 2011 - and here we are nearly 11 months later with still a good 8% of the typical 250-page lifespan of a thread to go.

Over in the Dad's Club - since Nov. 2007 we've gone through 17 different threads. The last 9 or so have been closed down in a month or less. One - was shut down in a single day. Leap Day. We began at 12:01 am, and it got to 250 pages by around 9pm, and was finally closed at about 290 or so pages at 11:57pm. Of course the goal was to burn through it and shut it down in a single day. THAT thread was not for reading - it was just to see if it could be done... and it was.

This particular one still has a good 20 pages of life in it - so I wouldn't worry too much about starting a new one just yet. And at the pace it goes - I'd say a good month or two.

I have enjoyed maintaining the travel dates for everyone the past 2 threads - but my DIS time has been slacking off considerably. So I am going to suggest that someone else take on that fun task for the next go around. I'm currently maintaining 4 different threads similar to this one, so cutting down by 1 when the time is right can be a good thing. What was once a post it the same day they came in kind of thing, has become once a week, or once every other week as I have time.

While I do still enjoy the people and the conversation, I have been a bit lacking in desire to hang around as much as I once did. It's one of those cyclical things. Where for a time I was on here each and every day, I've tapered off. It happened last year during the various family health crises we were dealing with - and the year before that during some other issues - and it has come back around once again. I'm not saying I won't be around, because I'm not going anywhere - I'm just not as "into" the DIS right now.

Muushka handed off the dates to me previously, and has since already handed off the birthdays, so I wouldn't suggest giving the trips back to her. I kind of "stole" the thread starting from Eliza this last time - so perhaps she would like that part back?!?

Its time for me to do my part...Stopher, when the time comes, I will take on the vacation dates

Thank you Stopher for being the keeper of the vacation dates for this thread!

And thank you JT for stepping up so quickly to assume the task.

You guys rock!

Thanks to all who have and those who will continue to maintain the threads...I will take my turn after I'm retired...or they kick me out of my classroom!

In the meantime, regarding the music thread...I am also all over the place. When running errands the other day, the classical pops station played "Dance of the Hours", and there I was, singing along with Allan Sherman: "Hello mudder! Hello fadder! Here I am at Camp Granada!"...those silly little parodies...found it on YouTube & played it for DD (16), who wasn't exactly sure about that one!!! hahahahaha

LeslieLou, happy belated birthday! (Sorry I missed it--I was in the grading cave yesterday!)

Good news on our home front...I have been accepted into a training program that will allow my students to receive college credit for their Chem class next year!! I have a seminar at Indiana University Bloomington this summer, and since DH also teaches this class already, we're already tweaking the curriculum. Geekiness abounds, I know...its ok to say it!:laughing:

One more day of spring break...off to the grading cave again! Someone please send a St. Bernard if I don't come out in a few days...:sad2:

Hi Groupies! :wave:

It's been a wild week for me...first week of regular office hour work in the last two years! :eek: Of course, when I say regular office hours, it means the typical 9-10 hour corporate days. But I am enjoying the work, and really enjoying the employment!

Unfortunately, it seriously curtails the DIS Board time. I know you guys are here, and it's always great to come back and visit. I hope that each and every Groupie and their families are happy and healthy. :)

Berta...congrats on the college credit acceptance. I have a daughter in college in Bloomington, so we know the area well. Enjoy your time there!

Jimmy...as for music, I like all kinds...rock, pop, soul, reggae, country, blues. About the only thing I don't like is rap music...sorry, but a melody is kind of a must for me to be able to call it music. Call me an old fogey.

It's been a wild week for me...first week of regular office hour work in the last two years! :eek: Of course, when I say regular office hours, it means the typical 9-10 hour corporate days. But I am enjoying the work, and really enjoying the employment!

Hi Granny,

Glad your first week went well!:)

Unfortunately, it seriously curtails the DIS Board time. I know you guys are here, and it's always great to come back and visit. I hope that each and every Groupie and their families are happy and healthy. :)

Berta...congrats on the college credit acceptance. I have a daughter in college in Bloomington, so we know the area well. Enjoy your time there!

Jimmy...as for music, I like all kinds...rock, pop, soul, reggae, country, blues. About the only thing I don't like is rap music...sorry, but a melody is kind of a must for me to be able to call it music. Call me an old fogey.

Granny, I can't think of a better reason for you not to be with us as often!

I am so glad your first week was a good one. :goodvibes

Oh, and about the rap? I'm with you, man.
About the closest to rap that I come to liking is that song by Bare Naked Ladies song One Week!

Granny, glad things are working out well! (No pun intended!)

As far as rap goes...ICK...that type of "music" just doesn't do it for me...so I guess I'm part of that old fogey crowd too!! At least I have friends in the boat!:thumbsup2

Back to school tomorrow over here...it will be a busy day, with all classes running a lab...

Hope everyone has a good week!

Let me echo everyone else's sentiments and say that I too am glad things went well for your first week back to work, Granny! Just think, you get to do it a over again, starting tomorrow. :good vibes

No rap for me, either :sad2:

Hey guys!
Stopher says we are about 20 pages away from needing to start a new thread, so I will start it and will also take over the vacations list. Can I get someone to do the birthday/anniversary page?

Hey guys!
Stopher says we are about 20 pages away from needing to start a new thread, so I will start it and will also take over the vacations list. Can I get someone to do the birthday/anniversary page?

Jimmy,
That job was officially handed over to me by our beloved Muushka on March 1. So when you are ready, just pm me so we can coordinate our efforts to merge the lists in a timely manner.

If anyone wants to send me their anniversary dates to add to the birthdays, please do so.

Thanks and I hope everyone has had a great start to the month of April.

twokats
Sounds great! I will PM you soon and we will coordinate our times.

Jimmy,
That job was officially handed over to me by our beloved Muushka on March 1. So when you are ready, just pm me so we can coordinate our efforts to merge the lists in a timely manner.

If anyone wants to send me their anniversary dates to add to the birthdays, please do so.

Thanks and I hope everyone has had a great start to the month of April.

Thanks Kathy!!!:goodvibes

Well, my daughter and granddaughter are with us as my daughter starts her new air traffic controller job today in Frederick, MD.

My daughter bought me some Yankee Candle scents which clip on to one's car vent, kinda like a clothes pin. The scent? Autumn Lodge! So, I have a reminder of our beloved lodge everywhere I drive.

40 days until AKL GV with granddaughter too! But who's counting?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter