Waitlist during this weird time

Yesterday I had a waitlist come in for 1-night in a Jambo Value Studio, which I'm super excited about. It was night 2 of a 5-night stay and I had already managed to grab nights 1 and 3-5. If it hadn't, then I would have just stayed at another resort for the first 2 nights, but I will gladly take not having to do a split stay (I've done plenty and prefer to just get established in one room).

I was surprised that my 3 night BWV standard view studio Waitlist came through today. It is for November, part of a nine night stay. The other 6 nights I was able to grab myself over the last two weeks. Just called MS to link everything up.

My WL for BWV Std Studio came thru - 4 nts end of Jan. The availability never showed up on the booking tool. I love wait lists!

Things are changing for sure...I just got a 1 bedroom SV at BWV for 4 nights end of October that was not there a few days ago.

Perfect timing for the newly loaded points I had to use. So, even with a waitlist in place, keep checking!

Things are changing for sure...I just got a 1 bedroom SV at BWV for 4 nights end of October that was not there a few days ago.

Perfect timing for the newly loaded points I had to use. So, even with a waitlist in place, keep checking!
Nice, I got a RIV standard studio that matched and they switched out the reservation on the same day I saw availability in the RAT pop up...Lets hope they fixed the WL system so it will work 100% of the time and be better then stalking.

Nice, I got a RIV standard studio that matched and they switched out the reservation on the same day I saw availability in the RAT pop up...Lets hope they fixed the WL system so it will work 100% of the time and be better then stalking.
Same sentiment here. For the first time, the WL filled my remaining night in a 1br std at BLT, linked all the nights, and substituted for the 1br LV I was holding. And The App That Shall Not Be Named never showed that night ever being available in the last 30+ days. Of course, just this morning I moved the trip completely to a different week in an AKV value. (!)

Wait lists are continuing to be fulfilled. I had a waitlist day come through a couple week ago for December at AKV Kidani. I didn’t receive any notification of it. I discovered the day had been added to my reservation when I logged into the website for another reason and noticed a change in my points on the dashboard.

After you create a waitlist and choose to have it replace an existing reservation, is there anywhere on your dashboard or in the waitlist to see/modify which reservation it replaces?

After you create a waitlist and choose to have it replace an existing reservation, is there anywhere on your dashboard or in the waitlist to see/modify which reservation it replaces?
Not that I'm aware of. I think the details of the waitlist are just accessible by Member Services in their "notes", whether it's what you said to replace or anything you've noted to them later. I have an active waitlist where I changed the existing reservation it would replace to a different resort, but I still want the waitlist if it matches. So I messaged MS to update which reservation it would replace in their notes, and they reiterated that it's always best to let them know of any change to the waitlist for them to process it correctly.

Not that I'm aware of. I think the details of the waitlist are just accessible by Member Services in their "notes", whether it's what you said to replace or anything you've noted to them later. I have an active waitlist where I changed the existing reservation it would replace to a different resort, but I still want the waitlist if it matches. So I messaged MS to update which reservation it would replace in their notes, and they reiterated that it's always best to let them know of any change to the waitlist for them to process it correctly.
Oh thanks! That's good to know. That's exactly what I want to do: keep the waitlist but modify the resort of the existing reservation. I wouldn't think it was such a manual process involving notes on Disney's end!

When you create a waitlist online, you will choose which reservation to replace.

Just know that you can not set it put on replace part of one. It’s all or nothing. For example, if you have 7 nights and want to change only 4, then you need to call MS to set it up.

The dashboard will show you have a waitlist once created. If at any time you don’t want it to replace the one you choose, the you call MS to change that.

In terms of modifying the original reservation, the waitlist will still match and replace.

I just did that. Originally had only 1 night at VGF set up to be replaced. I had modified that to 2 nights at RIV, and today, when it matched, it did indeed replace the 2 night one since it was the same reservation number as my initial VGF.

When you create a waitlist online, you will choose which reservation to replace.

Just know that you can not set it put on replace part of one. It’s all or nothing. For example, if you have 7 nights and want to change only 4, then you need to call MS to set it up.

The dashboard will show you have a waitlist once created. If at any time you don’t want it to replace the one you choose, the you call MS to change that.

In terms of modifying the original reservation, the waitlist will still match and replace.

I just did that. Originally had only 1 night at VGF set up to be replaced. I had modified that to 2 nights at RIV, and today, when it matched, it did indeed replace the 2 night one since it was the same reservation number as my initial VGF.

Amazing! Thanks Sandi!!

So I have checked in once a week or so for a few waitlists I have going with no luck. Today, chat was FINALLY available for me through the website, and I asked the chat CM if any of my WLs had matched. One did, and he completed it for me. It never showed up in the RAT, and no one at MS had completed the match yet. For those of you with WLs who are impatient, like me, it’s probably good to check on it from time to time. I’m trying to solidify a trip with 3 different rooms for 3 groups of us going, so it’s a little bit of work.

Well, I had yet another WL match and had to chat with MS to find this out. I hadn’t checked on it in a few weeks. I was told it had matched but hadn’t confirmed because they had a question. Um, were you going to call me or just let it sit there indefinitely until I called? BTW, the “question” they had was about replacing one reservation with another. You know, the option you can pick when creating a WL. 🤦🏻‍♀️

Curious for those that talked to MS and were told their waitlist had come through. Was this through chat feature or calling in?

Curious for those that talked to MS and were told their waitlist had come through. Was this through chat feature or calling in?
I have done it via either (asking if it has matched/come through), phone always works. Sometimes on chat they say they can't though, not sure why, then I just get someone else on chat and they can check without issue.

My waitlist came through for Old Key West in November. I was already booked, but wanted a villa close to Hospitality House. Since I was fine either way, I really didn't check up on it. I noticed a few weeks ago that it had come through and we're now near Hospitality House.

In the past, the people who worked via the chat feature couldn’t tell. They can see it now. I don’t know if it’s because of downsizing to more senior CMs who had access to see whether or not the WLs had matched or just because they allowed all the CMs who work at MS to see it now. Either way, they can see it on chat now. What happens is that your WL is no longer “active” and goes into “pending” or something. We can’t see the changes status, but they can.

In the past, the people who worked via the chat feature couldn’t tell. They can see it now. I don’t know if it’s because of downsizing to more senior CMs who had access to see whether or not the WLs had matched or just because they allowed all the CMs who work at MS to see it now. Either way, they can see it on chat now. What happens is that your WL is no longer “active” and goes into “pending” or something. We can’t see the changes status, but they can.
Something this simple of a change on our side like "Pending" should have been done a long time ago, its so easy im sure and would cut down on us checking and then only members having to call/chat to push it though if not already.

Something this simple of a change on our side like "Pending" should have been done a long time ago, its so easy im sure and would cut down on us checking and then only members having to call/chat to push it though if not already.

Maybe that will be the next update, now that they have added the feature to allow use of OTU and transferred points online.,

I will say one should always check before canceling one. It has happened several times...including yesterday...that as soon as I canceled my WL because I booked a different room, the one I wanted showed up. Just too odd to have been a coincidence and I think it was a matched room that had just not yet been processed.

Maybe that will be the next update, now that they have added the feature to allow use of OTU and transferred points online.,

I will say one should always check before canceling one. It has happened several times...including yesterday...that as soon as I canceled my WL because I booked a different room, the one I wanted showed up. Just too odd to have been a coincidence and I think it was a matched room that had just not yet been processed.
Hope so... and you are correct, one should always check until they have something in place. From my testing you cancel the WL and it puts it back into the system almost instantly (in the RAT) after checking other WLs.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter