walmart matching BF ads this friday?

nathaliabrown

Mouseketeer
Walmart is turning up the holiday heat by matching competitors’ Black Friday Deals one week early starting 11/22 at 8 A.M.! This will apply to in-store shoppers and Walmart.com shoppers!!!
says both in-store and walmart.com shoppers/

So does this mean we cant take the online BF ads we see from blackfriday.com and get all our shopping done this friday?

Beginning today, the retailer also extends its Christmas Ad Match* to Walmart.com customers. Customers who purchase an item on Walmart.com, and find a lower price in a local brick and mortar competitor, can emailchristmasadmatch@walmart.com and receive the difference on a gift card. The same policy is in place for customers at Walmart stores for items purchased Nov. 1 through Dec. 24, excluding Thanksgiving Day and Black Friday. Starting early on Thanksgiving morning, customers can shop on Walmart.com for some of the Black Friday deals that will also be available in stores. Customers can also take advantage of hundreds of online specials on Thanksgiving and Black Friday while supplies last.
www.mojosavings.com

I can't believe I'm going to say this but I think I may love Walmart!
I need to start making my list!

I just checked slickdeals and I'm not sure this will be a case where you bring in an ad and they price match. I think they are offering certain items at other retailer BF prices. I have to go back and read more to confirm that though.

I am pretty much a die hard Target customer....but Walmart is slowly woo'ing me...

I'm confused...it clearly states that Thanksgiving Day and Black Briday ad price matches are excluded...what am I missing here? It also doesn't ad match online prices - only printed adds.

It's under the FAQ section...

I don't see how this is really any different than their every day price match guarantee...I guess what it's really amping up is that if you bought something online you can send them an email breaking down a competitors PRINTED ad info and you can get the difference on a gift card.

You've always been able to price match on Black Friday at Walmart in the store with a printed ad from a competitor.

MY FRIEND SAW IT AND COPIED AND PASTED IT FROM MOJOSAVINGS ..... BUT HERE IS THIS LINK
http://online.wsj.com/article/PR-CO-20131119-900029.html?dsk=y

At 8 a.m. on Friday, Nov. 22, Walmart will kick off a pre-Black Friday savings event in stores and online, lowering the prices on popular toys and electronics, to match select Black Friday offers from Target, Toys R' Us and Best Buy one week early.

Ok...I see what you mean now. You'd have to be online at 8am or in the store to see what they've matched up to what WOULD be Black Friday prices.

Might be a great thing if what they match is what you were going to buy at the competitors! We just won't know what the item is...:thumbsup2

Good luck everyone! I know I'll be there! :)

I think this one will backfire big time on them. They have lots of criteria and the average shopper only sees and hears what they want to see and hear and they're going to be driving those poor cashiers crazy with what they believe they should get. Imagine coming there thinking you're going to only spend such and such an amount and being told this:

Customers who purchase an item on Walmart.com, and find a lower price in a local brick and mortar competitor, can email christmasadmatch@walmart.com and receive the difference on a gift card. The same policy is in place for customers at Walmart stores for items purchased Nov. 1 through Dec. 24, excluding Thanksgiving Day and Black Friday.

I guess their point is to get the bodies in their store or on their site ANY way they can and they'll lure them to spend no matter what. :rolleyes:

If you go to bfads.net they list some if the items that will be lower.

bfads.net

Walmart is "turning up the holiday heat" as all Walmart stores will play host to a pre-Black Friday this Friday, November 22 at 8am.

This sale is claimed to price match Walmart's competitors best Black Friday deals, for which, they've offered up this 8 item toy and electronics preview:
LeapFrog LeapPad2 Explorer Kids' Tablets - $39.99
Little Tikes Cozy Coupe - $34.99
Nerf Rebelle Crossbow - $11.99
Monopoly Board Game - $5.00
Hot Wheels Single Car - .60 cents
LG 50-inch HDTV - $448.00
Skylanders Swap Force Starter Pack - $37.00
Disney Infinity Starter Packs - $37.00
Call of Duty: Ghosts (Xbox One / PS4) - $49.00
NBA 2K14 (Xbox One / PS4) - $49.00
Battlefield 4 (Xbox One / PS4) - $49.00
We have confirmed that all of the above toys and video games listed match or beat their lowest Black Friday price, many of the items coming from Toys R Us' Black Friday sale.

There are no advertised deals on Xbox One and PS4 games (outside of Skylanders) this Black Friday, so any amount off automatically beats the Black Friday sales.

It will definitely be interesting to see if Walmart honors their claimed pricing on the Hot Wheels cars. We believe Walmart meant to say 60 cents, or $.60, but what they actually said is .60 cents, or $.006 - making the price of one car less than a penny!

Today also marks the start of Walmart's Christmas ad match policy, where customers can retroactively price-match any purchase made at Walmart now through Christmas and receive a gift card for the difference.

The Christmas ad match policy explicitly excludes Thanksgiving Day and Black Friday sales.

Thank You for Visiting and Tell Your Friends!

I think this one will backfire big time on them. They have lots of criteria and the average shopper only sees and hears what they want to see and hear and they're going to be driving those poor cashiers crazy with what they believe they should get. Imagine coming there thinking you're going to only spend such and such an amount and being told this:

I guess their point is to get the bodies in their store or on their site ANY way they can and they'll lure them to spend no matter what. :rolleyes:

This section refers to if you purchase something on walmart.COM, not the brick and mortar stores.

Basically they are just saying that if you've already purchased something ONLINE from Walmart.com and see it at a lower price somewhere else in a printed ad then you can send an email to that email address and get the price difference. All you have to give them is the add, the page, etc. and then you'd get the difference in a gift card.

This won't affect the cashiers at all...:confused3

So if I buy the Infitity Starter pack now for 60.00 I can email them to get a gift card with the difference when it goes to 39.99 on Friday?

I have already got the infinity and skylanders starter packs. I m hoping for a good deal on the figures that go with them. Like the BOGO free on infinity digits at GameStop or the BOGO 70% off on skylanders that toys r us is doing. Oh and I need a kindle fire too.

So if I buy the Infitity Starter pack now for 60.00 I can email them to get a gift card with the difference when it goes to 39.99 on Friday?

Hmmm...that may be the trick. If you buy it online, you'd have to send them the information of a PRINTED ad that would show that price. And it excludes online price matching so they likely wouldn't honor the lower price.

If I were you, if it's possible, maybe just wait until Friday and either see if that price (39.99) is offered online and just buy it at Walmart.com OR go into the store and buy it at the lower price.

My understanding is that if you've bought something online from Walmart.com (say a week ago) and the second week of December you see it listed at, say, Target in their weekly ad - you'd send them the info of the Target ad that shows the lower rate and they would give you the difference in a gift card. It excludes black friday and online prices though - so you can't match Walmart.com to another .com price.

Kind of confusing...but I'm sure there are deals to be had, you just have to be diligent and watch ads every week and stay on top of it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter