Walt Disney World SWAN, DOLPHIN & SWAN RESERVE RESORTS Information & Questions

In Chrome, again, exact same details, but only 87 reviews!
You might want to go back and check with Chrome again. There are actually two (2) different types of reviews shown in Hotwire results. Here is the latest set of reviews, the 87 reviews is now up to 90 reviews. The Tripadvisor reviews is still 5051.

Hotwire capture 2.jpg

You can also increase your chances by searching a closer date pair and just looking the the named "Dolphin" result that is returned since it will be an exact match for the details of this "Hotrate".

Dave

Correct, Hotwire does not show "Double" beds but that is what the Dolphin has along with a King bed option. Just make sure that you match the key items: Tripadvisor reviews of 5051, this hotel charges guests a resort fee of USD32.00 per room per night.

Note: there is another Hotel in the Bonnet creek area that charges the $32 Service but it does not have 5051 Tripadvisor reviews!

Dave

Has anyone gotten the Wyndham Grand Orlando as that is a 4 star hotel in the area with a $32 Resort Fee?

No not the Wyndham but there is a Sheraton in the Bonnet Creek zone that has a $32 Resort fee.

That's the reason to check that the reviews matches the Dolphin's number(s) and also check the "Bed" choices. If it lists Queen / King it is not the Dolphin. There is a Wyndham Bonnet Creek Resort but it does not show a $32 fee and it currently shows as 3508 Tripadvisor reviews.

If the Tripadvisor reviews is currently 4908 it should actually be the Swan as it also has a $32 Resort fee just use caution and check all the details each and every time!

Dave

Thanks for the Hotwire tip! Just got the Dolphin, King Size room for 10 nights (check in on September 21st) for 95 per night excluding tax and resort fee. Now I have to figure out if I can link this reservation to MDE.

I have 6 nights booked on points in September right now, and I'm tempted to book the rest of the week on Hotwire. But it's tentative plans, a backup if another trip idea falls through. What great prices though! We're planning on two nights or so next June before a cruise, I'll have to check Hotwire just in case.

DOLPHIN REVIEW:
THANK YOU everyone who gave great information as we planned our vacation during my husband's conference this last week. We checked out about 24 hours ago and stayed 4 nights at the Dolphin.

We were lucky in that we were able to check-in at 8:30 in the morning and I think the front desk employee was super kind as we got in room 4033- a Epcot view room (east). No balcony, but a fantastic view.

Only 3rd and 4th floors have access to the lobby via stairs and we really enjoyed that option, esp. since the hotel was so busy with conference attendees.

One thing to know- there are 3 banks of elevators- East, Central and West. Knowing what I know now, I would have requested a room in "West" because a) you have MUCH easier access to the pools and 2) ff you plan to use the microwave in Picabu frequently (as we did), you don't need to take multiple routes and walk through the lobby with your microwaved food.

My boys loved the Smores party and the Grotto pool. Wish we'd had more time for the amenities, but we were there ultimately for the parks and spent our time accordingly.

If you are stuck waiting for buses from the parks at the end of the night, take Yacht Club/Beach Club (our preference, esp. since we were East) or Boardwalk, if you've missed the Swan/Dolphin. Also, boats come frequently at the end of the night for Hollywood Studios. That said, my DS20 and DS10 who still had energy, walked back and beat us back to our room by at least 10 minutes.

We did the GREEN option for extra SPG points. Getting anything we needed sent up to the room was just a quick phone call away. I believe there is also a texting option.

Service was absolutely TOP NOTCH. The only thing I would warn about is the sidewalks are very slick when wet. My husband took a tumble outside and bruised his knee and tore up his toenail returning from the pool rounding the corner. A lady waiting by the 1st floor outdoor east entrance saw and said she fell in the same exact spot and showed us where she tore up her knee. I called to let them know. My husband was super embarrassed and did not want security to come up and take a report. The hotel did give us a $50 credit, which was kind as my main purpose was to let them know that this was a safety issue that had affected multiple guests and that they should look into making some corrections. She assured me that engineering and grounds would look into it.

Let me know if you have any questions!

Last edited:
I wonder if the Dolphin has more rooms available, since it was raised to a Category 5 property, the same as the Swan. There no longer is any points savings for booking at the Dolphin, instead of the Swan.

Probably more likely that it has failed to attract large conventions and/or seminars for the season and therefore has an abundance of rooms available.

Can I get an item delivered from the Christmas Store at DS to the Dolphin? We always buy an ornament and have it engraved every time we go. This will be our first non-Disney resort stay so I wasn't sure about the delivery to the room. Thanks.

Can I get an item delivered from the Christmas Store at DS to the Dolphin? We always buy an ornament and have it engraved every time we go. This will be our first non-Disney resort stay so I wasn't sure about the delivery to the room. Thanks.

Yes! Pick up is at the Disney store inside the Dolphin.

DOLPHIN REVIEW:
THANK YOU everyone who gave great information as we planned our vacation during my husband's conference this last week. We checked out about 24 hours ago and stayed 4 nights at the Dolphin.

We were lucky in that we were able to check-in at 8:30 in the morning and I think the front desk employee was super kind as we got in room 4033- a Epcot view room (east). No balcony, but a fantastic view.

Only 3rd and 4th floors have access to the lobby via stairs and we really enjoyed that option, esp. since the hotel was so busy with conference attendees.

One thing to know- there are 3 banks of elevators- East, Central and West. Knowing what I know now, I would have requested a room in "West" because a) you have MUCH easier access to the pools and 2) ff you plan to use the microwave in Picabu frequently (as we did), you don't need to take multiple routes and walk through the lobby with your microwaved food.

My boys loved the Smores party and the Grotto pool. Wish we'd had more time for the amenities, but we were there ultimately for the parks and spent our time accordingly.

If you are stuck waiting for buses from the parks at the end of the night, take Yacht Club/Beach Club (our preference, esp. since we were East) or Boardwalk, if you've missed the Swan/Dolphin. Also, boats come frequently at the end of the night for Hollywood Studios. That said, my DS20 and DS10 who still had energy, walked back and beat us back to our room by at least 10 minutes.

We did the GREEN option for extra SPG points. Getting anything we needed sent up to the room was just a quick phone call away. I believe there is also a texting option.

Service was absolutely TOP NOTCH. The only thing I would warn about is the sidewalks are very slick when wet. My husband took a tumble outside and bruised his knee and tore up his toenail returning from the pool rounding the corner. A lady waiting by the 1st floor outdoor east entrance saw and said she fell in the same exact spot and showed us where she tore up her knee. I called to let them know. My husband was super embarrassed and did not want security to come up and take a report. The hotel did give us a $50 credit, which was kind as my main purpose was to let them know that this was a safety issue that had affected multiple guests and that they should look into making some corrections. She assured me that engineering and grounds would look into it.

Let me know if you have any questions!
Welcome home (even though I know you wish you weren't). Sorry about that spill your hubby had by the pool. I know, it can be slick in some areas.

And yes, if you are in the east wing in the Dolphin, it is a long walk to anywhere. :faint:

Sounds like a great trip.

Thanks for the nice report @Lpamama. Glad to hear that you and your family had a nice time despite your DH’s injury.

I just love it, and truthfully, I am looking more forward to being at the resort than going to the parks on my upcoming trip. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter