Walt Disney World SWAN, DOLPHIN & SWAN RESERVE RESORTS Information & Questions

Does anyone know if the pools are heated more than Disney's pools? I'm currently booked at POFQ but have been leaning towards changing to the Dolphin for a trip in December. POFQ has the boat to Disney Springs but Dolphin is sooooo close to Epcot! If the pool is warm I'd consider changing, since I think Disney's pools are too cold for swimming in the winter months. :D Any opinions on the hot tub(s) would be appreciated too.
Last time I stayed at the Swan/Dolphin I felt that the pools were quite cold. It was in October.

With taxes and resort fees we're paying $560 a night for that configuration. Essentially the same if I recall as the price of two regular rooms, with more space.

We originally wanted the Swan (stayed there 3 times before and liked the feel of it) but the rep talked of this style configuration and it was perfect for our group. We have two such rooms - there are 8 of us total (was going to be 9 but one person can't make the trip now). Three adults and two kids under 5 in one, three adults in another. (We thought of just having the three adults in one room once the other person cancelled, but decided to "splurge" and keep it.)

Actually, if memory serves me right (always a risky statement with me) I've heard it referred to a Executive Suite as well as Alcove Suite or Alcove something. That's my confusion because it doesn't seem to have a set name. It's essentially two rooms (a suite and a room that connects) that they sell either separate or combined.

I went through the whole array of discounts available (AARP, AAA, teacher) and the best rate they gave me was both AARP or AAA. Either the teacher discount wasn't available for that style room or was the same or more in price.

Also - the rep said Starwood points could not be used for it. I found that a bit puzzling, but didn't press it. We also had an option to get Marriott gift cards with Amex points but they said they don't accept them there yet (not sure if/when they ever will).
I'm also a teacher and have only found the Teacher Rate available once in fifteen years when we were going to WDW. They seem to promote it outside school vacation periods, go figure!

Last time I stayed at the Swan/Dolphin I felt that the pools were quite cold. It was in October.

The two lap pools (one by Swan, and one by Dolphin) are kept really warm. The Spring Pool between the Grotto Pool, and the Dolphin's lap pool is kept SUPER warm, but it's pretty shallow. It's the round one on the map of the grounds.

The two lap pools (one by Swan, and one by Dolphin) are kept really warm. The Spring Pool between the Grotto Pool, and the Dolphin's lap pool is kept SUPER warm, but it's pretty shallow. It's the round one on the map of the grounds.
We were in the large grotto pool, it's probably pretty hard to keep it warm.

I'm pretty sure they don't try to keep that one as warm as the others. The lap pools are very noticeably warmer, - pretty much like bath water, and the spring pool is warmer still.

Just got back from a stay at the Swan June 15-21 and thought I'd share a couple thoughts. Apologies if this info has been posted before!

We picked the Swan after the rest of Disney started the room check policy. As best as I could tell here on the boards, Swan and Dolphin weren't doing the checks. We were very happy with the Swan in this regard! We had a real DND sign, and were not once bothered when it was out. Housekeeping came by every day after we left the room (after noon!) for the parks.

We did have a small issue with our park tickets not being properly linked, despite being booked with the room as a package. We had received a confirmation number that let us set up 60-day FPs, and we had our (purchased) bands linked on our MDE, but our bands didn't let us into the park. It took roughly 40 minutes at EPCOT Guest Relations to get straightened out, and basically what they had to do was confirm we had paid for our tickets and issue us a new set. According to the CMs at Guest Relations, our check-in person at the Swan was supposed to do something to "link the package". The woman who had checked us in was lovely and friendly, but despite asking if we were visiting the parks during our stay, she didn't ask anything about our tickets or obviously, do anything to "link" them somehow. Has anyone else run into this issue?

Overall, I'm definitely keeping Swan and Dolphin in mind for future Disney trips!

I may be able to take a quick three day trip Dec. 5-8 before vacation with DH. Swan is not available Dec. 5 & 6, and Dolphin only has an alcove room, which is well over $500 with fees. :crazy2:

Guide dogs are allowed at each. No other pets are allowed.

Doesn’t sound much like a guide dog, though, if it was left alone in a rooms and it’s barking it’s head off.
Maybe an “emotional support” animal, much like the emotional support peacock lol.

It was definitely a little yapper dog. I hadn’t seen any dogs here the whole time so was surprised to hear one. I thought about calling the desk, I heard it for over half an hour but then I crashed. Haven’t heard it again.

Just got back from a stay at the Swan June 15-21 and thought I'd share a couple thoughts. Apologies if this info has been posted before!

We picked the Swan after the rest of Disney started the room check policy. As best as I could tell here on the boards, Swan and Dolphin weren't doing the checks. We were very happy with the Swan in this regard! We had a real DND sign, and were not once bothered when it was out. Housekeeping came by every day after we left the room (after noon!) for the parks.

We did have a small issue with our park tickets not being properly linked, despite being booked with the room as a package. We had received a confirmation number that let us set up 60-day FPs, and we had our (purchased) bands linked on our MDE, but our bands didn't let us into the park. It took roughly 40 minutes at EPCOT Guest Relations to get straightened out, and basically what they had to do was confirm we had paid for our tickets and issue us a new set. According to the CMs at Guest Relations, our check-in person at the Swan was supposed to do something to "link the package". The woman who had checked us in was lovely and friendly, but despite asking if we were visiting the parks during our stay, she didn't ask anything about our tickets or obviously, do anything to "link" them somehow. Has anyone else run into this issue?

Overall, I'm definitely keeping Swan and Dolphin in mind for future Disney trips!

Thank you for the trip report! Were magic bands are not included with your Swan reservation? The last time I stayed there, magic bands did not exist. I still have several from other trips at other Disney resorts. My last one is from March 2017. My husband's last magic band is probably from 2015. Now I'm wondering if they will still work.
What transportation did you use from the airport, if any?

We did have a small issue with our park tickets not being properly linked, despite being booked with the room as a package. We had received a confirmation number that let us set up 60-day FPs, and we had our (purchased) bands linked on our MDE, but our bands didn't let us into the park.
This is a bit concerning, in that we are staying at the Dolphin soon.

We got our magic bands recently (they are NOT included with S/D - have to buy separately) and my son linked them. But since the MDE app upgrade, our reservation no longer shows. Since we have our fast passes already (over a month a ago) I figured it didn't matter.

However, we bought our tickets separate from the room reservation. Was that the issue? I'm also curious to hear if anyone had anything similar

I'd never stay anywhere but S/D. So convenient to two parks and the cheapest "DeLuxe" resort.

We used to stay at Y&BC when our kids were little. Actually, the only thing I think we'll miss this time - since we'll have 2 little ones - is the towel animals.

I'm also a teacher and have only found the Teacher Rate available once in fifteen years when we were going to WDW.
Interesting. We've used it each of our 3 prior stays at S/D. Summer 2003 / Christmas 2004 / Summer 2011.

I always suspected it was "unofficial" since we never had to show proof of any member of our party being a teacher (wife was a private school teacher, so on advice from somewhere - maybe this board - we had a letter from the principal on school stationery.

I forgot that I had booked at least two of those times from the Dreams Unlimited travel agency. Maybe all three. Didn't do that this time - to be honest I forgot they existed!

We always brought proof - I recall showing it the first time and the desk clerk just kind of nodded his head as if to say "OK - yeah - whatever".

Interesting. We've used it each of our 3 prior stays at S/D. Summer 2003 / Christmas 2004 / Summer 2011.

I always suspected it was "unofficial" since we never had to show proof of any member of our party being a teacher (wife was a private school teacher, so on advice from somewhere - maybe this board - we had a letter from the principal on school stationery.

I forgot that I had booked at least two of those times from the Dreams Unlimited travel agency. Maybe all three. Didn't do that this time - to be honest I forgot they existed!

We always brought proof - I recall showing it the first time and the desk clerk just kind of nodded his head as if to say "OK - yeah - whatever".
I agree about special rates and "proof" ... hotel websites make a big deal about AAA cards and special rates, but they never ask to actually see them. We had the same experience when we used the teacher rate at the Swolphin.

My wife, two daughters (1 and 5 year old), and myself have a trip quickly approaching here in a few weeks. We are Disney vets, but will be staying at the Swan (on points) for the first time. We typically do an Amazon delivery as well as a Garden Grocery delivery when we are staying at "normal" Disney resorts. I've seen conflicting info on this thread, but after a call to the resort they did confirm that they charge (I believe per pound) for deliveries made to the resort. To further complicate things, we are not renting a car and we are taking a Mears shuttle (we have small kids, so traditional Uber from MCO was not an option because of our need of car seats), so we don't have the ability to make a grocery stop in-between MCO and the Swan.

I have seen some people who have used Amazon Prime Now with success by meeting the driver in the lobby and others whose driver delivered to the front desk causing them to have to pay by the pound. Prime Now isn't offered in our city, so I don't have experience with it to know the ins and outs. The other option I've come up with is to place an online order for in-store pickup in advance to either Walmart or Target (whichever is closer to the Swan). Then once we arrive to the Swan have either my wife or myself Uber to the store and pick it up and Uber back.

Below is a general list of the items we plan on needing:
Diapers
Wipes
Grab and Go Breakfast
Milk
Gatorade
Snacks

With all that being said, any thoughts? Ideas? Recommendations as to which option would be best or other options that I'm not but should consider?

Thanks in advance!

We used Amazon now. I had a note on my reservation to call me and I would meet in the lobby. I got a text that it would be there soon then a call from Bell services that it arrived and to come get. I was worried that he had left it with them but I think it was really the driver calling me telling me to meet him there because he was still there waiting. My only issue with it is we arrived late and delivery stopped around 10 pm but after about 8 I could not schedule a time that night. Ended up scheduling it late afternoon the next day during a break on our Epcot day. I guess that worked better since I would have had to pay for the night delivery but the next day it was free.

My wife, two daughters (1 and 5 year old), and myself have a trip quickly approaching here in a few weeks. We are Disney vets, but will be staying at the Swan (on points) for the first time. We typically do an Amazon delivery as well as a Garden Grocery delivery when we are staying at "normal" Disney resorts. I've seen conflicting info on this thread, but after a call to the resort they did confirm that they charge (I believe per pound) for deliveries made to the resort. To further complicate things, we are not renting a car and we are taking a Mears shuttle (we have small kids, so traditional Uber from MCO was not an option because of our need of car seats), so we don't have the ability to make a grocery stop in-between MCO and the Swan.

I have seen some people who have used Amazon Prime Now with success by meeting the driver in the lobby and others whose driver delivered to the front desk causing them to have to pay by the pound. Prime Now isn't offered in our city, so I don't have experience with it to know the ins and outs. The other option I've come up with is to place an online order for in-store pickup in advance to either Walmart or Target (whichever is closer to the Swan). Then once we arrive to the Swan have either my wife or myself Uber to the store and pick it up and Uber back.

Diapers
Wipes
Grab and Go Breakfast
Milk
Gatorade
Snacks

With all that being said, any thoughts? Ideas? Recommendations as to which option would be best or other options that I'm not but should consider?

Thanks in advance!
I can only say that we used Amazon Prime Now and it worked fine. Had a wide variety of items ordered, all were fine. Chilled items, like milk, were in separate bags in foil bubble wrap if I recall correctly. I set my 2 hour window, they texted when nearby. Met in the lobby. Good results.

Diapers
Wipes
Grab and Go Breakfast
Milk
Gatorade
Snacks

Thanks in advance!
So we have always used Orlando Limo Tours to bring us. They supply car seats for the ride.
They allow a stop at Publix or Walgreens for free. I’m told Publix has online ordering/in store pick up. I think we are going to try that on our upcoming trip. This may be an option for you...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter