Walt Disney World SWAN, DOLPHIN & SWAN RESERVE RESORTS Information & Questions

I have 2 rooms booked in November, but MDE doesn't show all the people associated with the reservation (basically, it only shows 1 room). Is there anything I can do to have the other guests added?

Your Marriott reservation normally only needs to show the primary name on the reservation. You can add additional names within MDE directly or by linking Friends & Family that may already have a MDE profile.

Check on the Marriott site to verify that your reservation shows 2 rooms and has the correct number of guests. You don't have to worry about having the exact names of all guests in each room. The key is that the Primary guest's name is matched from the reservation to your MDE and the correct number of adult / children listed. You don't need each individuals name listed on the Marriott reservation.

If you have any issues with both rooms showing correctly on the Marriott site you will have to contact the Swan & Dolphin to get that corrected and they will then have to push the update to Disney.

Try this number to reach the Swan & Dolphin directly at 1-800-227-1500.

ETA: Corrected MDE in initial sentence to correctly reflect Marriott.

Dave

Last edited:
I have 2 rooms booked in November, but MDE doesn't show all the people associated with the reservation (basically, it only shows 1 room). Is there anything I can do to have the other guests added?

I'm not sure about multiple rooms, but when we had an issue with our reservation only showing up in MDE for my wife, and not me (even though I was primary on the reservation), I called Disney CS, and they were able to fix the reservation and get it linked to my account as well, so you might give that a try.

MDE normally only shows the primary name on the reservation.

I don't know that that's true. With one exception where there was a glitch linking to MDE, our Swan reservations have always shown both my wife and me (and in the case of the glitch I was the primary, but she was the one who showed the reservation); in fact it is necessary for both of us to be linked to the reservation in order to make FP+ reservations at 60 days. Maybe it's because I had to specify who the other person on the reservation was when linking to MDE. I don't know. I'm just sharing what my experience has been.

My experience is also one primary guest (me) on the reservation, and I can link whatever profiles I want to the other guests. However, this time I was allowed to sign any of the guests to any of the profiles I wanted.

My son is always bugging me to stay at a Disney resort. I have a sweet spot for the Poly so I took a look at my dates for next April. Total : 4,725. No discounts at this time! I think I'll keep my Dolphin stay on points...

My son is always bugging me to stay at a Disney resort. I have a sweet spot for the Poly so I took a look at my dates for next April. Total : 4,725. No discounts at this time! I think I'll keep my Dolphin stay on points...
Haha, this is us too. For years we'd look into Disney rates and if we could find a deal we'd stay there occasionally but we usually just used points to stay at the Dolphin. Then we got to the point were the Dolphin just "meant" Disney to us and now we like it just as much as the Disney resorts.

Don't get me wrong, I love the Dolphin. But for purely nostalgia reasons would love to get at least SOME kind deal at the Poly one day...

Booked 10 days at the Swan for May 2021 through Disney, and got the confirmation email, but neither the tickets or the room reservation show in "MyPlans." Only my December 2020 tickets/room show up.

I'm used to waiting a day or two to manually link Swan reservations, but this is the first time I've booked the Swan through Disney (reservations for previous trips were through Starwood or Costco). Do you still have to manually link your swan reservation even when booking through Disney? Normally, I would chalk it up to the delay between Disney and the Swan systems, but this seems odd because my park tickets don't show up either.

Just sharing this- my friend had reservations at one of the All Stars and called yesterday. They were told they’re being moved to Pop for their August trip, so it looks like there may be other resorts opening besides DVC 🤷‍♀️

There are other resorts opening:

• July 10 – Disney’s Animal Kingdom Villas - Jambo House, Disney’s Pop Century Resort, Disney’s Contemporary Resort
  • July 29 – Disney’s Caribbean Beach Resort
  • Aug. 12 – Disney’s Polynesian Village Resort and Disney’s Art of Animation Resort
  • Aug. 24 – Disney’s Yacht & Beach Club Resorts
  • Sept. 21 – Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort & Spa
  • Oct. 1 – Disney’s BoardWalk Resort
  • Oct. 14 – Disney’s Coronado Springs Resort

I just got the "Greetings from Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin" email "looking forward to welcoming [me] upon [my] arrival." I'm pretty sure it's just like the emails I used to get for visits past. It described all the amenities of the Swan and Dolphin and talked about extra magic hours, magic bands, Camp Dolphin, FastPass, the ability to purchase tickets at the Disney Planning Center, and other things that are currently unavailable. Not a mention of Covid. It made me kind of wistful.

Then two minutes later another email came detailing how things are being done now and I was back in 2020 again.

Booked 10 days at the Swan for May 2021 through Disney, and got the confirmation email, but neither the tickets or the room reservation show in "MyPlans." Only my December 2020 tickets/room show up.

I'm used to waiting a day or two to manually link Swan reservations, but this is the first time I've booked the Swan through Disney (reservations for previous trips were through Starwood or Costco). Do you still have to manually link your swan reservation even when booking through Disney? Normally, I would chalk it up to the delay between Disney and the Swan systems, but this seems odd because my park tickets don't show up either.
So it turns out I was just dumb for assuming that reservations booked through Disney automatically linked. I talked to a phone CM, and it turns out you still have to manually link Swalphin reservations.

So now I feel like an idiot. Just goes to show that no matter how many trips you've done, how many spreadsheets you've made over the years, or how well you know all the ins and outs of Disney planning, you can still make silly newbie mistakes. 🤦‍♂️

Wake up Marriott you’re drunk.

If you’re a Bonvoy’d member like me you got the offer to buy points. Used to be under Starwood that was a pretty good deal. Marriott… well let’s see.

Quick check of dates/points/prices
September 7 - 40,000 points or $210/night
September 8 - 50,000 points or $210/night
September 29 - 60,000 points or $214/night

Now if you want to buy points for say 50,000 per night it’ss going to cost you $400 to get a total of 51,200 points. So yeah $400 a night. Even taking into account a high priced time in December that’s still more then the cash price.

I am guessing that Marriott used the “new” math to come up with this “deal” Boyvoy’d once again.

Wake up Marriott you’re drunk.

If you’re a Bonvoy’d member like me you got the offer to buy points. Used to be under Starwood that was a pretty good deal. Marriott… well let’s see.

Quick check of dates/points/prices
September 7 - 40,000 points or $210/night
September 8 - 50,000 points or $210/night
September 29 - 60,000 points or $214/night

Now if you want to buy points for say 50,000 per night it’ss going to cost you $400 to get a total of 51,200 points. So yeah $400 a night. Even taking into account a high priced time in December that’s still more then the cash price.

I am guessing that Marriott used the “new” math to come up with this “deal” Boyvoy’d once again.

The Points Guy values Marriott points at 0.8 cents per point - so that 60,000 point night should cost $480 with tax (not including the resort fee) before one ought to consider using that many points! https://thepointsguy.com/guide/monthly-valuations/

We are staying at the Swan in September. Does anyone know if it is okay on check out day to check your luggage over at the beach club or yacht club with the airline check-in? We have a late flight out and it would be great to check our luggage and not have to worry about checking it at the airport. Thanks

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter